Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gumba said:
noobwarrior7 said:
Hacksaw said:
Can we get this thread locked or something.. at least until the loader is released? I'm watching this thread and its mostly filled with crap.

absolutely five-post-man, what else can we do for you fine sir?

You're posts might be filled with bullshit.
His posts aren't.
erm see my signature ?

See the files in it ?

See the name noobwarrior ? where do you think that stuff came from ?

That that shit back now - hes one of our best contributors on here and without him and people like him this thread and people trying to install the loaders would be in shit.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gumba said:
noobwarrior7 said:
Hacksaw said:
Can we get this thread locked or something.. at least until the loader is released? I'm watching this thread and its mostly filled with crap.

absolutely five-post-man, what else can we do for you fine sir?

You're posts might be filled with bullshit.
His posts aren't.

QUOTE(goku1980 @ Nov 12 2008, 01:45 PM)
a noob ney good news on features other than disc channel

well, the "Disc channel" part is thanks to the fact that the newest GeckoOS source is used...correct?
so all the nice features of that should be included.

I think high among those is "unlocked" savefiles.

I think this was answered earlier though, too bad this thread is immense.

Cyberxion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, I see noobwarrior. So it's okay for you to "cut a gib" at another's expense, but it's not alright for me to have done the same? While there's some truth to the sentiment I expressed there, I would have thought that the smilies might have clued you in to the fact that I was only kidding around myself. No, the PM I'm about to send you will give you an idea of how I post when I'm serious.
tongue.gif

By the way, that's the only way in which post-count matters. Until we get to know one-another; something that only happens when you're actively posting, you can't safely assume I'm joking any more than I can assume that you are.
wink.gif

QUOTE said:
See the name noobwarrior ? where do you think that stuff came from ?

That that shit back now - hes one of our best contributors on here and without him and people like him this thread and people trying to install the loaders would be in shit.
Now don't take this as a result of the exchange between he and I, but I find the idea of what you're getting across here to be appalling. A person's work doesn't absolve them from being criticized if they’re acting poorly. Not that such was the case there, but still, I’m not going to give someone respect on the promise of what they can do for me, if their behavior is abhorrent, and I don’t think anyone else should either. That’s f’ed up.

pmstc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ahahah, I'm following this thread because I'm excited for gamma, but I'd just like to throw this in:

Post counts are completely irrelevant to how much a person knows. All post counts show is how much a person posts on a forum. They do not show how much a person reads the forum or knows about a certain subject. I don't understand why judging people by the number of posts they have has become such an internet fad. It doesn't mean anything... for example, I have like 5 posts on here, but 8000+ on another forum.

So stop worrying about it.

BACK ON TOPIC!
wink.gif

weirdfate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
people think this is bad just see how this thread blows up when it is released!!!

How do I......?
why wont it.......?
what is this for????
what if you do this. will it fix this...???

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cyberxion said:
Now don't take this as a result of the exchange between he and I, but I find the idea of what you're getting across here to be appalling. A person's work doesn't absolve them from being criticized if they’re acting poorly. Not that such was the case there, but still, I’m not going to give someone respect on the promise of what they can do for me, if their behavior is abhorrent, and I don’t think anyone else should either. That’s f’ed up.

If you examine noobs posts you will see that most of his posts are helping people and making sure they get the installer working.
Your judging his posts without reading them all.
He is judging the 5 post readers AFTER reading all their input - read all noobs posts and then you may have a valid input as to what type of person he is based on all you can gather from the site as he has done with the people who have posted here

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyberxion said:
Ah, I see. So it's okay for you to "cut a gib" at another's expense, but it's not alright for me to have done the same? While there's some truth to the sentiment I expressed there, I would have thought that the smilies might have clued you in to the fact that I was only kidding around myself. No, the PM I'm about to send you will give you an idea of how I post when I'm serious.
tongue.gif

By the way, that's the only way in which post-count matters. Until we get to know one-another; something that only happens when you're actively posting, you can't safely assume I'm joking any more than I can assume that you are.
wink.gif

I think this is a big misunderstanding, do you think I'm mad?
I don't really care what you guys post or think or whatever,
but real flame wars break out because of stupid posts like,
"do this cause I feel this way"

I thought I handled it in a light-hearted way, and then a large number of people got very defensive,
so fair enough, you're dedicated to...something......I'll stay off this thread, you can have it. ;-)

scizo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
can i ask an offtopic question so u guys stop spamming about nothing?

the beta testers that tried cod 5 what u guys think of the graphics compared to other versions?

i saw WWE 2009 graphics for the wii and they seemed worse then the ps2 somehow...

Cyberxion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmn. I'm not even remotely judging the entirety of his posts. I'm not even judging his posts at all, to be frank, but were I, my judgment would be based on what I see before me now, and nothing more or less. So if it truly appeared to me that noobwarrior was acting like an elitist prick (and that's not the case at all!), then that would be entirely a product of our present interaction, and not a sumnation of his entire posting history. Reading through his posts wouldn't change a perception that is borne of the here-and-now.

Not that I feel that way, mind you. He took the piss, I did the same right back at him. Twice. Only he took it a little too seriously. That's understandable, given that he doesn't know me from Adam. I suppose that all the smilies in the world don't go very far to illiminate that uncertaintly. That said, I'd like to think that this illuminates a greater problem, which is that maybe the guy whose direction in which he "cut a gib" didn't know he was joking either. I think that's the only respect in which post-count might matter. So while it might go against the grain, treating newbies like they're contemptible filth might not be the best way to go about dealing with them. You don't have to put 'em on a pedestal, but treating them like fellow human-beings is a good start.
wink.gif

Now as much as I respect you taz, and I do, seeing as you've been one of the most visibly helpful members I've encountered here, I find it silly that you'd claim that noobwarrior read the entirety of the guy's posting history before making what he claims was a glib comment. It doesn't add up. So please don't blow smoke up my ass. We're all intelligent people here, so let's treat one another like it.
smile.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cyberxion said:
djtaz said:
If you examine noobs posts you will see that most of his posts are helping people and making sure they get the installer working.
Your judging his posts without reading them all.
He is judging the 5 post readers AFTER reading all their input - read all noobs posts and then you may have a valid input as to what type of person he is based on all you can gather from the site as he has done with the people who have posted here
Hmn. I'm not even remotely judging the entirety of his posts. I'm not even judging his posts at all, to be frank, but were I, my judgment would be based on what I see before me now, and nothing more or less. So if it truly appeared to me that noobwarrior was acting like an elitist prick (and that's not the case at all!), then that would be entirely a product of our present interaction, and not a sumnation of his entire posting history. Reading through his posts wouldn't change a perception that is borne of the here-and-now.

Not that I feel that way, mind you. He took the piss, I did the same right back at him. Twice. Only he took it a little too seriously. That's understandable, given that he doesn't know me from Adam. I suppose that all the smilies in the world don't go very far to illiminate that uncertaintly. That said, I'd like to think that this illuminates a greater problem, which is that maybe the guy whose direction in which he "cut a gib" didn't know he was joking either. I think that's the only respect in which post-count might matter. So while it might go against the grain, treating newbies like they're contemptible filth might not be the best way to go about dealing with them. You don't have to put 'em on a pedestal, but treating them like fellow human-beings is a good start.
wink.gif

Now as much as I respect you taz, and I do, seeing as you've been one of the most visibly helpful members I've encountered here, I find it silly that you'd claim that noobwarrior read the entirety of the guy's posting history before making what he claims was a glib comment. It doesn't add up. So please don't blow smoke up my ass. We're all intelligent people here, so let's treat one another like it.
smile.gif

I agree that your an intelligent person , i disagree that we are all intelligent people on here. Some people that come here should not even attempt the most simple things like tieing their shoelaces not to mind try to modify the wii with code that others created, yet they do, then turn to people like noob for help afterwards.
Now i can see by your posts that you would be one of the people to immediately offer anyone help ,and i respect that , but some people honestly dont deserve it .

I take things quite seriously when anyone tries to speak badly of the active helpful members on this site as they really do give it their all , and i can understand them blowing off some stram from time to time.
To be honest i wasnt blowing steam up your ass - i was blowing it up Gumba's but you stepped in
tongue.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
scizo said:
can i ask an offtopic question so u guys stop spamming about nothing?

the beta testers that tried cod 5 what u guys think of the graphics compared to other versions?

i saw WWE 2009 graphics for the wii and they seemed worse then the ps2 somehow...

I played COD5 and i liked it - its not perfect as wii graphics are basic enough usually , but i did like the COD5 game i have to admit
Id rate it above ps2 anyway , but the usual below ps3 and xbox standard graphics

ferissp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone mentioned something called an entryholder_fix for .3b? Any clue on where I can find this? Requim talks aboot it on his blog but I can't find the actual file anywhere.

Thanks

-S

C

CasperH

ferissp said:
Someone mentioned something called an entryholder_fix for .3b? Any clue on where I can find this? Requim talks aboot it on his blog but I can't find the actual file anywhere.

Thanks

-S
Did you searched with the search button?
hate2.gif

Cyberxion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
I agree that your an intelligent person , i disagree that we are all intelligent people on here. Some people that come here should not even attempt the most simple things like tieing their shoelaces not to mind try to modify the wii with code that others created, yet they do, then turn to people like noob for help afterwards.
Now i can see by your posts that you would be one of the people to immediately offer anyone help ,and i respect that , but some people honestly dont deserve it .

I take things quite seriously when anyone tries to speak badly of the active helpful members on this site as they really do give it their all , and i can understand them blowing off some stram from time to time.
To be honest i wasnt blowing steam up your ass - i was blowing it up Gumba's but you stepped in
tongue.gif
I suppose I see what you’re saying. I haven’t been here that long, so maybe I just don’t understand how weary you guys are. I may never understand. No worries though. I won’t give you shit for being a little strung-out, now that you’ve offered me perspective on the issue. ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: I was just trying to get the US/EU NTR plugin for Hyrule warriors, but the link is busted. does...