Hacking Backup Launcher by Wiigator

dkelley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wiigator, from experience releasing public betas myself in the past, I think it's a good idea as long as you have an easy way for the user to send debugging data back to you. so if you have a debug log file that is created or something that could be written to the SD card (someone else suggested that before me, I think it's a great idea) then a public beta will be helpful to you and to others. otherwise it may well just end up being a buggy first release which I think it probably not what you're trying to do with it.

Also don't forget to put clear information in a readme within the public beta's archive that tells people that it's a public beta, you're not responsible for this and that, bug reports must be made to such and such topic of such and such forum (rather than email of course), and so on.

I'm sure you know all that, but in your excitement to get the loader out in the public don't forget those details or you'll end up being frustrated I think.

Cheers

Sorox

Master Firo Soul
Trophies
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
AlBa said:
hetster said:
http://www.wiiloader.com/
very fast and a slick design..and hasnt so far been poisoned with fake rumours..
Your site doesn't work for me.
I'm glad i didn't burn all the iso i have, so i can test those 1:1 copies...
A new compatibility wiki shall be opened i guess.
The site works for me, and i thinka new compatibility thread should be released when 0.3 comes out too.

dkelley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
knowitall599 said:
Yeah, i here this from one other person. I am a moderator on the site and i will get in touch with the admin to see why.

Maybe those people are trying to view the site with the opera internet channel
rofl2.gif

Fishbeans

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Public betas are a double edged sword. The problem is you get a lot of really terrible testers with the good ones. People who will hinder you far more than they will help. A well defined format for test results helps alleviate this problem to a certain extent, but I would still expect to see a flood of people posting garbage like "zomg, X gaem dont work fix now!" It would, however, provide a much quicker way to track down commonalities in the bugs, like system type, mod chip installed, cIOS versions installed or previously installed, etc.

Sorting the results is also something that we could do as a community to help. Condensing the repots into an easy to read format, grouping similar reports, excluding garbage. Wiiloader.com would be a great place to do that, if Wiigator gave the go-ahead.

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Well.. I can't say that I have every NTSC game available...but damn well close to it... zipped (rar) and in patched form.. And I would be willing to run a test on each game individually.... I am not a big gamer... I like the whole idea of being able to do it... I was already making a list with the current version on my spare time... after playing video games for 25 years or so... you'd probably fade away from it as well.. I do enjoy them from time to time especially driving simulator games...plus I have a 5 1/2 year old who loves his Wii.. anyways... it would be a great idea Wiigator. I appreciate all your time and effort... I was just mentioning it to a friend that your current testers probably don't even have half the games out to even test... that's mainly an assumption on my part... but from the reads of others in this thread it seems a lot have deleted theirs after they burned it with a patch because of lacking HD space... I have about 2TB's of space to play with... and I know of some others here that have the same capabilities... So you will probably see who the real testers would be if this was made public and would actually be helpful.

What I think should be done is anyone coming into the thread after the public testing release of the version still needing work with a repetitve question should not even be given the access to participate any longer and they can continue to play the one or 2 backups that they only needed it to run for in the 1st place. Then you will see who is seriously wanting to contribute in the project and who is not, plain and simple.

If you are serious about helping then are you ready to be a true tester is the question at hand right now. Sounds to me Wiigator may want us to help contribute in this project, are you serious? If not then shut the hell up.

sweany

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Id be happy witha public beta test. but not really bothered if you dont. Just as long as you have it reasled for the Xmas games realeses - for back up reasons obviously !

Keep up the good work Wigator/Wani

Also not sure if this has been asked, but will the 0.3 play other regions ? pretty sure i read that the 0.1 can

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
koxur said:
Arm the Homeless said:
Anyone else think WiiGator needs a website to post info to cut down on posts here?

I Agree.
We just had a brief exchange about that.

From this point on, all of WiiGator's updates will be in his GBATemp Blog.
For those of you who do not know how to access it, it's as simple as clicking "BLOG" under one of his posts. And also the newest blogs appear on the GBATemp Latest Discussions box in the corner as well.

I will keep this thread up for discussion, but I will close it if it starts getting derailed again.

legend101

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i agree a public beta(open) should go out because there would be a better feedback and more testing(duh)

because if only a few user are only testing progress will go slow

more the merrier
grog.gif

shamone69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaisuto said:
koxur said:
Arm the Homeless said:
Anyone else think WiiGator needs a website to post info to cut down on posts here?

I Agree.

For those of you who do not know how to access it, it's as simple as clicking "BLOG" under one of his posts. And also the newest blogs appear on the GBATemp Latest Discussions box in the corner as well.

I will keep this thread up for discussion, but I will close it if it starts getting derailed again.

good news thankyou

legend101

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
shamone69 said:
Gaisuto said:
koxur said:
Arm the Homeless said:

I Agree.

good news thankyou

same here thankz man

toasterhead219

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gaisuto said:
koxur said:
Arm the Homeless said:

I Agree.

you can also see all of his posts by going to wiigators profile and clicking the 'posts' tab. i've been doing this for wiigator and waninkoko for a while so i don't have to(but i do anyway) sift through all this nonsense.

darktehnub

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiGator said:
Everybody should stop the discussion about any release date. I never mentioned any date. I didn't gave you my e-mail address.

Currently I can't reproduce any of the errors the testers have. If this continues I will release a version for everybody to test, so I can get a bigger compatibilty matrix.

Public beta test is a really good idea imo. I really don't mind when the loader will be released. As long as it gets the loader done, I'm sure both the developers and this forum's members/lurkers will be happy
happy.gif
. When v0.1 came out, many people were willing to contribute to the compatibility thread (even though many noobs begged/demanded compatible games) The wiki grew in a really short amount of time. If v0.3 goes public, I bet many people will do the same just like v0.1 since the hype for v0.3 attracted many visitors to GBATemp. It'll definitely sort out the issues with the loader. Just my two cents
wink.gif
Keep up the good work
grog.gif

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Personally, I wouldn't like a public beta. Too many people are desperate. Look at the PGP cracking thread. >_>

And junk_man32 has been trying to trick me into giving him the 0.3 alpha.
junk_man32 said:
ok im also one of the beta testers and mine is still in patching??? whats the difference between yours and mine, i will give you my backup launcher that was given and you give me yours, i wanna see wats up
QUOTE(junk_man32 (In response to telling him if his says Backup Launcher 0.3 it is the same as mine))yeah it is, he mustve gave me th wrong one, whered you get yours

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work