Hacking Backup Launcher by Wiigator

Motoko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh god, imagine all those noobs complaining and asking questions about the beta. I think its a bad idea. Just get more testers to try replicate our errors.

toasterhead219

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gaisuto said:
A part of me wants to say "Nobody will actually use this thing to test, just to play what they know is compatable." but then there are those posts like above which say it's a good idea. Kinda like the Mother 3 patch recently, what they thought was perfection ended up having a few nitpicks with the non-typical mediums of playing it which never came up until it was released public.

there will also always be that guy who thinks his burner/media is better than everyone elses, that the game will just work because he is amazing, or he is just too lazy to check the compatibility list.

LoSt.cl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
rajnika said:
Why not a public beta or more beta tester. I have 14-15 backups ready to be burned myself and try them !
smile.gif

same here! 24 patched games already burned and other 15 backups for burn 1:1

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
legit questions and people to help with problems, and a chance to help improve the final loader... I'm sorry that seems far better to me than a bitchfest and when when when thread......
smile.gif

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
maybe a semi-public version could be released to the people that where in this thread from page 1. (which excludes me, doh')
I mean those should know what they are talking and testing until now...

pure

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
A Public Beta is generally a good idea. Explicitly state that there will be no support and that this is beta. Open up a wiki page for compatibilty issues and just let the ones who want to contribute do so.

g002ahe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I may not be typical - but if a public beta is released I will be playing, testing and posting results to help get the final version right.

I have 24 DVD's burnt without "patch" being applied (waiting for new loader), and 10 or so patched (using current loaders).
3 overlaps, both patched and unpatched. as in early days the word was that the new version would not work (for time being) with ios249 so i re-burned 3 of my favorites ready for new loader.

hyperg

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.gamersvlog.com
XP
Country
United States
Just sounds to me like bad communication from beta testers . I wouldn't know how they communicate or what they do to provide the feedback , but if I were a beta tester, I'd be taking video of everything i'm doing and have like a private forum in place (say on my site) . But that's just me, have beta tested for plenty of programs before so usually developers had no trouble in knowing where to look in their code after I provided the right input . That's just a suggestion to those that are though.

blackbrew

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
abc.moc
XP
Country
Netherlands
@ Wiigator, thanks for the work you are doing with the other guys, the least we can do here is to help instead of talking about rubbish things, what are the tests you want us to do? if you can give us like some sort of tasks and we can post the results over here maybe the guys overhear at GBtemp can put that in some sort of order to prevent the mess

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
...just an idea...
Could it be possible, that wiigator writes a lil app which runs in background of the loader and writes an error.log to SD when a game crashes or frezze?

Jordan10la

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
WiiShizzza said:
maybe a semi-public version could be released to the people that where in this thread from page 1. (which excludes me, doh')
I mean those should know what they are talking and testing until now...
I've been here since around page 1. I read until like page 60 then I gave up until page 120 something then I came back and here I am. So thank you to the guys who have brought me up to speed with all that I've missed.

Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IF a public test came out when the new CIOS is in ALPHA and someone bricks their Wii, they will most likely complain and bitch and moan about how Waninkoko and Wiigator broke their Wii.
They are keeping it private for a reason. It's the main reason I didn't sign up as one when I could have.

knowitall599

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiShizzza said:
...just an idea...
Could it be possible, that wiigator writes a lil app which runs in background of the loader and writes an error.log to SD when a game crashes or frezze?

Very, very possible. Wiigator should PAY ATTENTION to this suggestion. Go Wiigator!!! Keep up the hard work buddy.

Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also to note, if you were here the entire thread, you'd already know WiiGator was asking for beta testers at one point.

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@Miles
True, true. Some of the folks that would take it serious, just came to late...

//EDIT:
Anyway. as i said a couple of times. Let the Gurus decide the further procedure.

Thor1981

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
nextgencorp.es
XP
Country
is a good idea so we could release the beta testing all copies and submit reports in the thread, so Wiigator may have results from all types of copies and improve the loader, I hope the release.
ph34r.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BigOnYa the airtags are bigger than the airpods, they won't fit