Hacking Backup Launcher by Wiigator

harryk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
I like the idea of writing error messages on the sd card. this way an open beta release would make sense.

I don't understand why there shouldn't be an open release? v 0.1 was released when it was buggy, why can't v 0.3 do the same? it's not like it would be v 1.0 with no further updates.....

Personally I don't mind, because I'll be gone until monday (just to make clear that I don't wanna hesitate things). So these are just my two cents.

cr08

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Luriden said:
WiiGator would have been better off not telling anyone about 0.3 and releasing it as a surprise when it's finished...

Wouldn't help because you'd still have SOMEONE finding out and throwing word about it around and you'd just be back at square one.

basketballguy743

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arm the Homeless said:
Personally, I wouldn't like a public beta. Too many people are desperate. Look at the PGP cracking thread. >_>

And junk_man32 has been trying to trick me into giving him the 0.3 alpha.
junk_man32 said:
ok im also one of the beta testers and mine is still in patching??? whats the difference between yours and mine, i will give you my backup launcher that was given and you give me yours, i wanna see wats up
QUOTE(junk_man32 (In response to telling him if his says Backup Launcher 0.3 it is the same as mine))yeah it is, he mustve gave me th wrong one, whered you get yours
wow, junk man is a fuckin fag
biggrin.gif

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
Arm the Homeless said:
Personally, I wouldn't like a public beta. Too many people are desperate. Look at the PGP cracking thread. >_>

And junk_man32 has been trying to trick me into giving him the 0.3 alpha.
junk_man32 said:
ok im also one of the beta testers and mine is still in patching??? whats the difference between yours and mine, i will give you my backup launcher that was given and you give me yours, i wanna see wats up
QUOTE(junk_man32 (In response to telling him if his says Backup Launcher 0.3 it is the same as mine))yeah it is, he mustve gave me th wrong one, whered you get yours
LOL, if wiigator was smart like wanin is, he would hookup all the beta testers together in chat, that way everyone knows whos who, and who not to trust based on "im a beta tester, give me what you have cos mine isnt working" dunno if hes already doing that on the chat client we use

Matt Cese

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
linkinworm said:
LOL, if wiigator was smart like wanin is, he would hookup all the beta testers together in chat, that way everyone knows whos who, and who not to trust based on "im a beta tester, give me what you have cos mine isnt working" dunno if hes already doing that on the chat client we use
Well WiiGator was smart enough to choose beta testers who wouldn't leak anything...

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiGator shouldn't have a public beta. We all know everyone just wants the beta for there own selfish reasons. I almost got tricked into letting someone use the beta. (They don't though
tongue.gif
) It should remain private but this is all up to WiiGator.

Lafie

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Raiyu245 said:
WiiGator shouldn't have a public beta. We all know everyone just wants the beta for there own selfish reasons. I almost got tricked into letting someone use the beta. (They don't though
tongue.gif
Yes, everyone will use it for their own selfish reasons, but if there are atleast a couple of people (in these 100-dreds of people in here) that will report back with some valuable information, isn't that already useful for Wiigator.
And you know a new compatibility wiki will be setup in mere seconds, so that's useful too. Both for us selfish people and the developer(s).

ChronoX_

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Raiyu245 said:
tongue.gif

I agree, let's hope he doesn't make it a public beta....
ninja.gif

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raiyu245 said:
tongue.gif
there are people that want to actually contribute though, not just to have a faster/better backup launcher sooner... also the final release would come faster, no?

Matt Cese

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raiyu245 said:
tongue.gif
lol...Everyone who isn't a beta tester thinks a public release is good. The only people who seem to oppose it are the current beta testers...I wonder why???
rolleyes.gif

Rcolon85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raiyu245 said:
tongue.gif

Just a thought

Then Maybe Wiigator should have MORE testers that he can trust,Maybe double of what he has now. Which is way better than releasing Publicly Which everyone seems to have a problem with for some reason....lol

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There are pros and cons to public betas. wiigators going to do what he thinks best so lets all just stop trying to sway him one way or the other.
Still waiting to hear if the cheat codes work with .3

Rcolon85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BL4Z3D247 said:
Raiyu245 said:
tongue.gif
there are people that want to actually contribute though, not just to have a faster/better backup launcher sooner... also the final release would come faster, no?

I can name only a handfull.

ChronoX_

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ChronoX_ said:
Raiyu245 said:
tongue.gif

I agree, let's hope he doesn't make it a public beta....
ninja.gif

Matt Cese said:
QUOTE(Raiyu245 @ Oct 22 2008, 05:29 PM)
tongue.gif
lol...Everyone who isn't a beta tester thinks a public release is good. The only people who seem to oppose it are the current beta testers...I wonder why???
rolleyes.gif

I'm not a beta tester and I hope he doesn't release it as a public beta...
lecture.gif

J_hibiki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lafie said:
Yes, everyone will use it for their own selfish reasons, but if there are atleast a couple of people (in these 100-dreds of people in here) that will report back with some valuable information, isn't that already useful for Wiigator.
And you know a new compatibility wiki will be setup in mere seconds, so that's useful too. Both for us selfish people and the developer(s).

I fully agree with this. I don't see any reason to keep it private if his testers are not doing that great of a job in the first place and are having errors that can't be replicated. Sure some people will use it and never report back, some people will use it and have no idea what they are doing and report crap info, BUT we will also have a lot of members that can debunk the crap and give good legitimate feed back and that will, more than almost anything else, help progress the loader.

I'm not one that goes asking for links, demanding release dates or any such nonsense, but I can't see how a public beta is going to hurt anything as long as some people are giving real helpful feedback.

Jordan10la

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Rcolon85 said:
Raiyu245 said:
tongue.gif

Just a thought

Then Maybe Wiigator should have MORE testers that he can trust,Maybe double of what he has now. Which is way better than releasing Publicly Which everyone seems to have a problem with for some reason....lol
This.
As much as I would love to try it now I think closed is the way to go.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not sure why, every other N64 game just runs fine with all kinds of enhancements but noooo KI... +1