Backup Launcher 0.3 gamma

sircj

Trophies
XP
Country
CAN SOME1 PLEASE HELP ME ive downloaded the stuff to make gamma 0.3 work all the files as am not on the internet
and i keep coming up with the same thingnet_initfailed 116 failed to allocat temp buff
wacko.gif
wacko.gif

can any1 help me

it says after downloading =
Create the directory /00000001/00000024/v1042/ in the root of your SD card. Copy all downloaded files to this folder and put the SD card in the front SD slot.
i dont know how to create the diretory i dont think ive tryed new folder call it 00000001/00000024/v1042/ but still nothing
what am i doing wrong
please some1 help thanks cj

AaronUzumaki

A.K.A. Ecstasy Espeon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm... I can't seem to get Wario Land: Shake It! NTSC-U to work right. sometimes it will load, and others it will not. I can start a new game and play till I get bored, but if I try to load a game I almost always get Disc Read Error. Why is this? Does anyone know if there's a fix for it?

kiwii

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
hi, a little question, i have a friend who wants to install the launcher on his wii, but for some reason he cant, he has a 3.3u wii and says that when he is on the cios install screen, when the cios ask him to press the a button to install that the program doesn't do anything at all, he press the a button as the program asks to but nothing happens, also he tells me that he had installed the cios before but he removed with the AnyTitleDeleter (the cios 249) could this be the problem?
ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED ^^

digimon10

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
help i get the error: DVD Read Error (324) when i launch the game
how do u fix this
my wii is at 3.2e
i already installed the cIOS thing
please help

unicode2CP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Dear WiiGator,

Can we expect a new version of Wii Backup Launcher with USB 2.0 support, beacuse of recently released kwiirk's "CIOS usb2"?

I'm looking forward to your answer.
wink.gif

Best regards.

frede

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Guys.

I have heard that it is now possiple to get the Backup launcher working on firmware 3.4.
Does any of you guys know how, and meybe where to find the files and guides?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards Frede

digimon10

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nvm i figured out my question
I noticed i was using DVD+R instead of DVD-R so i had to buy a set of them
tongue.gif

next order of business

What's with no DvD (n)
it happens with My brawl and my bleach vs crusade

also

There's a weird DVD error with my Sonic: Black Knight
The screen turns blue and then theres an error telling me to eject the disc and turn off the wii

Nothing is harmed but i really want to play these games
Please Help Thx!!

chrisino

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I need some help as I haven't seen anyone else mention the same problems as me.

I have 0.3 gamma installed. My Wii is PAL and has a Wiikey modchip installed.

I load the 0.3 gamma via the homebrew channel and choose force NTSC.

My NTSC disc boots but the display is screwed up and blurred. This happens on all of my NTSC discs apart from Animal Crossing.

Is this a Modchip conflict with the launcher?

I have posted this before maybe not in the same thread but no one has come up with a reason.

Help!!

FPSDars

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I just tried this after seeing it in action at a friend's house only to be greeted with a 324 read error. I burned my iso on a TDK DVD-R so it should be working. Backup Launcher shows the correct CIOS installed, what am I doing wrong?

Edit: I got it working after downgrading to 3.2, but the game appears in black and white. I'm playing that Dead Rising port for Wii, any fix for this?

holtsys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have gone thru the latest tutorial without a hitch on a 3.4U console. I downgraded it to 3.2U, installed the homebrew channel and the backup_launcher 0.3 gamma. I own quite a few games and have made backups of them. About half of them run just fine launching with either the gamma launcher from HB or from the gamma launcher channel. However, the other half gives me the DRE 324 ie; DVD Read Error (324). Most research I have done indicates a media problem, but I'm not buying this because I'm using Memorex DVD-R 16x disks burned at 4x, some at 8x or 16x. ALL of my DVD movie copies work fine, so I'm not suspecting media as Memorex are decent-quality and I have new LG Lightscribe Burner. Plus, I have burned several of the same game ISO's at diff speeds and have even patched the IOS to 30, 33 or 249. ALL give me the same error when loading.

I'm thinking that there is some kind of compatibility error with the games that don't work. A couple of the games are on the Compatibility List on the wiki and I can't get those to read either. The error is not descriptive enough. There MUST be something different in the image on the disks that don't work.

It would be enormously helpful if the error would drill down to another level and indicate the "real" problem with the disk; seems as though the (324) error is just a generic catch-all. If it said something like "Can't find file: thisfile.r1" or "Partition 1 can't be read" or "Game ID not found", etc. this would give us something to look for. It would also possibly indicate 100% whether it is really a disk error or not. Whatta ya say wiigator, can this be added for a Delta version?

If anyone has any other suggestions, I'd like to hear them. I have been thru the 249 uninstall, reinstall, cios_fix, etc. None of these remedies help the situation.

nitrostemp

Trophies
XP
Country
Note: LG make not so good drives, iv'e had the same problem with my disc drive, if possible try with another computer.

moneymike89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can somebody help me i fully installed the softmod, burned a few wii games (worked perfectly)

now my problem is burning gamecube games, when i download the games they come in 15 different rar files and i just don't know how to burn them, i've tried so many things (burning as a data dvd, extracting all the rar files but then the files are too large to fit on the dvd, puting all of the files as an iso file, they all end up giving me this error "ERROR : no DVD (n)")

im soooooooooooooo loooossst can somebody help me

the closest i got to burning a gamecube game was when i found the legend of zelda : collectors edition as a single iso file but the backup launcher showed me this : Read ERROR : (366)

please im begging sombody lol i need help i wasted like 10 dvd's already trying to do this . thank you in advanced

nitrostemp

Trophies
XP
Country
moneymike89 said:
Can somebody help me i fully installed the softmod, burned a few wii games (worked perfectly)

now my problem is burning gamecube games, when i download the games they come in 15 different rar files and i just don't know how to burn them, i've tried so many things (burning as a data dvd, extracting all the rar files but then the files are too large to fit on the dvd, puting all of the files as an iso file, they all end up giving me this error "ERROR : no DVD (n)")

im soooooooooooooo loooossst can somebody help me

the closest i got to burning a gamecube game was when i found the legend of zelda : collectors edition as a single iso file but the backup launcher showed me this : Read ERROR : (366)

please im begging sombody lol i need help i wasted like 10 dvd's already trying to do this . thank you in advanced

you have to unrar the multirar files, inside there is a .GCM/.ISO. After that bur image to disc with imgburn.

moneymike89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nitrostemp said:
you have to unrar the multirar files, inside there is a .GCM/.ISO. After that bur image to disc with imgburn.

oo so i have to unrar all of them then burn all of them on the dvd or do i just pick one of them because they are all the same size?

also besides that i ahve other gamecube games that are iso files and when i pop them in my wii the backup launcher gives me either a "DVD read ERROR : (366)" or it runs it but before showing anything it just restarts my wii
do u have a solution for this as well?? thank you it seems to be a problem with my soft mod because it seems to read my burnt wii games just fine

nitrostemp

Trophies
XP
Country
moneymike89 said:
nitrostemp said:

oo so i have to unrar all of them then burn all of them on the dvd or do i just pick one of them because they are all the same size?

also besides that i ahve other gamecube games that are iso files and when i pop them in my wii the backup launcher gives me either a "DVD read ERROR : (366)" or it runs it but before showing anything it just restarts my wii
do u have a solution for this as well?? thank you it seems to be a problem with my soft mod because it seems to read my burnt wii games just fine

there should be a .rar in the collection of r00. to what ever number, just run winrar with that file and inside you should see the, rom named accordingly.
is you are getting the dvd read erro that may be cause of the burn speed, also be sure to use write image to disc.

holtsys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DRE: DVD Read Error (324) or (###) - ok, I think I've figured this one out...

Being a pretty technical guy, I did some research on burn speed vs quality, as well as the burn/laser technology itself.
With this error on the backup_launcher, there are 3 trains of thought and I would like to add a fourth:

1) cIOS not installed properly - make sure the latest cIOS is installed with NO ERRORS. It must go all the way through all 15 parts and end successfully. If you get any errors during the installation, you did not get it completely installed. Try again. Not having cIOS properly installed leads to a DRE error with "no cIOS". There are other threads that explain the errors you get. Most are related to the firmware being greater than 3.2, where Nintendo protected their core from WAD installs.

2) Bad (cheap) media or Bad Burner - use quality disks (Verbatim, TY, Sony), DVD-R work best, but DVD+R will work with book type changed to "DVD-ROM". Some guy mentioned to me that LG drives are no good. True, older LG drives were lacking in quality and features, but the new ones are top-notch. In fact, the new LG Lightscribe drive is normally used in comparison tests today. Just make sure you have a newer drive OR newer firmware on your drive. Most drives were designed for burning CD's for music, DVD video and games is a whole new ballgame (pun intended) and requires much more precise quality of the burn.

3) Bad ISO Image or Game Dump. If your backup dump image isn't good, it will never write properly. Make sure your dump is good before burning.

4) Make sure your burn set up does NOT go through a USB hub and never burn a DVD greater than 8x speed; for wii games, better at 4x or 2x. There is a great deal of research and testing that has been done to show that CRC errors increase on DVD's as the burn speed increases. Any speed greater than 8x is considered risky. Don't use a hub! Unless you have a $200 firewire hub, no USB hub (powered or otherwise) will carry the throughput required to burn a clean image. If while burning, you see your device buffer being overused, then this latency will cause something called "link refractions" in your image. As the laser burns the tracks, the tracks are designed to be contiguous, meaning one leads to another. When there is latency in the network set up, there are "gaps" created. With DVD video media, this is not so severe because a DVD player can skip through the gaps without visible consequences, but not so with a game image. A game image must be intact, almost completely because there are specific identifiable tracks that must be read in a specified order on the disk. When that order is disrupted, the DVD is unreadable or can lock-up midread. This happens often at the beginning tracks of a DVD, which gives the DRE. The number specified really doesn't have a lot of meaning, it's just the line number in the reading program that failed. With the backup_launcher code, this is usually 324, 349 or 369. All of these lines of code attempt to identify the IOS on the image. When the IOS can't be determined, the DRE occurs.

SUMMARY: Make sure the cIOS installs error-free completely. Verify your ISO image dump is good from your game (there are free utils for this, find one). Verify that you use quality media. Concensus is Verbatim best, TY, Sony good, others ok; I use Memorex without too many problems. Last, but not least, make sure any external devices are connected directly to the computer and not thru a hub; then burn at 2x. Try not to use your computer for anything else while burning to reduce risk of burn gaps. This should give you the best result. If you do all of these things, your games should work.

I just hope I can save some people some time and heartache I've endured over this.

Have fun!

moneymike89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nitrostemp said:
there should be a .rar in the collection of r00. to what ever number, just run winrar with that file and inside you should see the, rom named accordingly.
is you are getting the dvd read erro that may be cause of the burn speed, also be sure to use write image to disc.

ok im pretty sure i've done all that but i usually burn at like 1x to 2x speed. The other thign that boggles my mind is that every wii game that i have burnt works perfectly fine no issues no fuss but when i try a gamecube everything seems to go wrong like how does that make sense lol gamecube games should be the easier thign to burn.

but besides that the gamecube games that should be working just automatically restart my wii for some reason other than the error 366 which only happens when i try to burn the legend of zelda collectors edition.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Gonna do my homework +1