Backup Launcher 0.3 gamma

Keeley

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i keep get Disk Read Error (324) i've tried burning Mario Kart Wii on 2 memorex DVD-R and 2 Sony DVD+R (booktyped to DVD-ROM) its not working...
Its scrubbed btw maybe thats why... I heard that scrubbed only work if its patched....

Praetor192

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Keeley said:
i keep get Disk Read Error (324) i've tried burning Mario Kart Wii on 2 memorex DVD-R and 2 Sony DVD+R (booktyped to DVD-ROM) its not working...
Its scrubbed btw maybe thats why... I heard that scrubbed only work if its patched....
1. Run it through the loader
2. Memorex is shit
3. That is utter bullshit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now for some non-n00b things:

Has anyone tried launching HotD 2 through the disc channel after reboot from loader? That might make it work.

I asked this much earlier, but people seemed to just ignore me; what do I have to do to get Disaster DoC (PAL) to work on my NTSC Wii (3.2) with standard cables? Do I have to scrub, change the region, force NTSC, brickblock, etc?

Keeley

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Praetor192 said:
Keeley said:
1. Run it through the loader
2. Memorex is shit
3. That is utter bullshit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now for some non-n00b things:

Has anyone tried launching HotD 2 through the disc channel after reboot from loader? That might make it work.

I asked this much earlier, but people seemed to just ignore me; what do I have to do to get Disaster DoC (PAL) to work on my NTSC Wii (3.2) with standard cables? Do I have to scrub, change the region, force NTSC, brickblock, etc?

if you mean run it through like the Backup Loader thats what I'm talking about.....
blink.gif
I put it in and it says Disk Read Error
And for your question you can either use a program called RegionFrii ( i think.. google it ) or just use force NTSC or Force PAL i forget put i'm pretty sure its Force NTSC

sess

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Praetor192 said:

I got it to work by decrypting (backup creator) it and forcing PAL60. Didn't try a 1:1 and probably won't, since this one works, lol.

plagueseason

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried Animal Crossing with this and everything seems to work fine, but the load times are kind of annoying, and there's this weird pause after entering/exiting houses and building before you can move your character.

Also, none of my backups work with the disc channel. It just doesn't recognize the discs. Did I do something wrong or is the support for this feature really that abysmal?

waco66

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can anyone help me with a 324 error issue? I cant get past this error message
i am trying new media to see if it works has this fixed this issue for anyone else
new media did nothing same error

XCheat3R

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a MILLION! I had a few games that weren't working, and I was bummed...but with the combo of the new cIOS and this, everything is working great!

I have a request...would it be possible to have a 'config' file, or have the app save your configuration settings? I find myself having to use the 'force NTSC' option often, and it would be nice if I could set that as the default option.

Thanks again - keep up the great work!
][x][

peta18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
plagueseason said:
Also, none of my backups work with the disc channel. It just doesn't recognize the discs. Did I do something wrong or is the support for this feature really that abysmal?

go to the Wiigator's menu and press B, Wii will reboot and now you can load your games from disc channel (only one game for every reboot).

or

(from FAQ)
Q. My patched/decrypted game is not starting with the disc channel - Why?
A. Patched/decrypted games are not support by the disc channel, because there are some parts of the disc removed.

but i'm not sure about that, i've patched Wii Music and it works fine with disc channel.

plagueseason

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
peta18 said:
plagueseason said:

go to the Wiigator's menu and press B, Wii will reboot and now you can load your games from disc channel (only one game for every reboot).

Thanks, that worked. What do you mean by only one game for every reboot? Do you mean if I shut the console off and turn it on, it won't recognize the disc again in the disc channel? If so, what would be the point of that? Is there a performance boost of some kind by launching it through the disc channel?

4.blaze.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think this question is for this topic.

May be someone can help?

- Have PAL Wii 3.3e (bought 5 days ago).
- No more updates over inet.
- Installed Homebrew channel v9 beta (Zelda Twiilight Hack).
- Installed Backup Launcher 0.3 gamma
- Ran cIOS Installer (IOS249 v7) - no mistakes.
- Downloaded 2 ISO {Wii}Samba de Amigo[PAL,ENG] and Star Wars The Clone Wars: Lightsaber Duels (seems to be 1:1 while size is 4 Gb)
- Burned "Samba de Amigo" DVD-R on iBase, LG speed 16x. Nero 8.
- Burned "Star Wars The Clone Wars" DVD-R on iBase, LG speed 4x with verification. Nero 8.
- Burned "Star Wars The Clone Wars" DVD-R on iBase, LG speed 1x with verification. Nero 8.
- Ran Backup Launcher 0.3 gamma, with no default config changes, tried to run all 3 DVDs: response is Read Error 324 (the same with rebooting, while rebooting image disk was inside of Wii)
- Installed Gecko Os v 1.7b (didn't touch previously installed IOS249 v7)
- Tried to run all 3 DVDs: response No DVD (first running Gecko Os, then putting DVD)

- Native Wii Sport and Wii Fit load via Backup Launcher and via Gecko Os without problems.

What to do?

P.S.: I got response from other forum (but didn't test it yet).
They say
try to install cIOS Installer from http://wii.waninkoko.info/
because, cios from wiigator is cutted down.
so problem can be in not really installed cios (this can be checked by anytitledeteter)

so they suggest to reinstall cIOS with this one Custom-IOS36-rev-7

Prisoner

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
just a question.....
I have the 0.3b....now, the cIOS with the Gamma is newer....to unistall the old cios, the cIOS Uninstaller from waninkoko could help???
or the new cios installer will also uninstall a previous version??

thanks..

BlizzRD

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Prisoner said:
just a question.....
I have the 0.3b....now, the cIOS with the Gamma is newer....to unistall the old cios, the cIOS Uninstaller from waninkoko could help???
or the new cios installer will also uninstall a previous version??

thanks..

I installed the new cIOS and ran the backup launcher. Everything works. I also had the 0.3b version installed.

Hope this helps!

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
4.blaze. said:

May be someone can help?

- Downloaded 2 ISO {Wii}Samba de Amigo[PAL,ENG] and Star Wars The Clone Wars: Lightsaber Duels (seems to be 1:1 while size is 4 Gb)
- Burned "Star Wars The Clone Wars" DVD-R on iBase, LG speed 4x with verification. Nero 8.
- Burned "Star Wars The Clone Wars" DVD-R on iBase, LG speed 1x with verification. Nero 8.
- Ran Backup Launcher 0.3 gamma, with no default config changes, try to run all 3 DVDs: response is Read Error 324 (the same with rebooting, while rebooting image disk was inside of Wii)
- Trying to run all 3 DVDs: response No DVD (first running Gecko Os, then putting DVD)

- Native Wii Sport and Wii Fit load via Backup Launcher and via Gecko Os without problems.

What to do?

They say
so problem can be in not really installed cios (this can be checked by anytitledeteter)

Also try not to burn at such slow speeds, 1x and 4x isnt really good, your better off 8x-16x

4.blaze.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sstew said:
4.blaze. said:

May be someone can help?

- Ran Backup Launcher 0.3 gamma, with no default config changes, try to run all 3 DVDs: response is Read Error 324 (the same with rebooting, while rebooting image disk was inside of Wii)
- Trying to run all 3 DVDs: response No DVD (first running Gecko Os, then putting DVD)

What to do?

They say

Also try not to burn at such slow speeds, 1x and 4x isnt really good, your better off 8x-16x

The rest of discussion is here

dkelley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
XCheat3R said:
I have a request...would it be possible to have a 'config' file, or have the app save your configuration settings? I find myself having to use the 'force NTSC' option often, and it would be nice if I could set that as the default option.

Thanks again - keep up the great work!
][x][

I 100% agree about the loader storing config settings. at least the general config settings so in us we can just leave force-ntsc enabled all the time (it solves 99% of compatibility issues with non-ntsc-u discs).

and maybe a bit over the top here, but ideally having the loader download an xml database of compatibility issues and set the config automatically for each game when you try to launch that game. the xml could be downloaded when the user wants it to (no auto-updating for sake of security please!), and the loader would know if it was running on ntsc-u, ntsc-j or pal etc and run the correct game config automatically.

Now THAT's a feature...

but at the very least having force-ntsc setting be remembered from use to use and from boot to boot (force-pal or equivalent for pal users I suppose).

that would be a huge time saver - I'm having a hard enough time explaining to my wife about how/why/when to set force-ntsc, try explaining that to little kids!

totally trying to be constructive here though - I'm soooooooo blown away by gamma, it even reads crappy media perfectly well too by the way (memorex discs that never worked under beta work perfectly under gamma for me now). Amazing job guys!

Cheers

dkelley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
4.blaze. said:
Sstew said:

Thanks, I will try it.

yea (sorry, last post in that topic in this thread ;-):
burning memorex dvd-r at highest possible speed works great for me under gamma. burning same discs at any speed never worked under beta, burning same discs at 4x under gamma gives some read errors sporadically.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Welp, already have 40h in Stellar Blade and dying to home and put some more.