Backup Launcher 0.3 gamma

T-Error

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
T-Error said:
oh looks like i found a bug. i tried the disc-channel loading option and after rebooting the wii constantly tries to read the disc even after displaying the cant read the disc message. and also i cant eject the disc. only when the wii is switched off and i press the eject-button to power it on.
has anybody else experienced this issue? i think it wasnt ment to change the system-menu permanently.

WhySoSerious70

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
T-Error said:
T-Error said:
oh looks like i found a bug. i tried the disc-channel loading option and after rebooting the wii constantly tries to read the disc even after displaying the cant read the disc message. and also i cant eject the disc. only when the wii is switched off and i press the eject-button to power it on.
has anybody else experienced this issue? i think it wasnt ment to change the system-menu permanently.

Yup i just did. no big deal though. i just reset the machine and ejected the disc

lankster

Trophies
XP
Country
Lifesnoozer said:
lankster said:
Wario Land: The Shake Dimension (PAL) Unpatched, freezes while loading. Is anyone else willing to test Wario?

Thanks

What level?
Works fine so far for me.

It doesn't load up whatsoever on gamma for me, it freezes when it identifies the disc and then resets back to the main gamma menu. I will try burning on some different media and report back. However it did work on 3.0b for me, not too fussed though if it is working for everyone else.

Thanks

T-Error

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
WhySoSerious70 said:
T-Error said:
T-Error said:

Yup i just did. no big deal though. i just reset the machine and ejected the disc

yes no big deal but it isnt ok either. im not complaining i just want to help.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
So a Wii with the latest Nintendo update (3.3E) (No HBC, No ZTP hack)
(cause it says downgrade your wii in the first post?)

So when i install zelda tp hack and the HBC, then backup launcher 0.3 gamma, will it work on this 3.3E Wii ?

(Mine is chipped, it's for a friend)

Puffinz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A massive thank you to all involved in making this possible.
bow.gif

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WiiGator said:
Salamantis said:
Woah, sorry to sound noobish, but what does "- Support loading 1:1 backups from disc channel" mean?
I can run unpatched backups from the Wii Disc Channel? That's so cool!
And if not (
frown.gif
), is there any way to install this directly to the system menu, so that I don't have to go through the homebrew launcher? It's my sister that plays games and I don't want her to mess around the homebrew channel (she's a noob).

You need to press the "B" button in the Backup Launcher (see the video in the FAQ).
Thanks, but I see that it only works until you reboot the Wii.
Is there a way to install the backup launcher directly as a channel to the system menu? And what's the difference between launching a game from the backup loader and the Wii disc channel?

WhySoSerious70

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DjoeN said:

So when i install zelda tp hack and the HBC, then backup loader 0.3 gamma, will it work on this 3.3E Wii ?

it may. when i discovered all this backup launcher stuff a few weeks ago i had 3.3U installed on my Wii. everything installed properly and all the launchers worked flawlessly. i did no downgrading at all.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
WhySoSerious70 said:
DjoeN said:

So when i install zelda tp hack and the HBC, then backup loader 0.3 gamma, will it work on this 3.3E Wii ?

it may. when i discovered all this backup launcher stuff a few weeks ago i had 3.3U installed on my Wii. everything installed properly and all the launchers worked flawlessly. i did no downgrading at all.

Thx, all i needed to know
smile.gif

harroway

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ok noob question: when i install the included cios 249, will it overwrite a previous 249? i assume it does since i see just one 249 with anytitledeleter...but i'd like to be sure
smile.gif
THANKS!

oja, wiigator and waninkoko...thumbs up!

Snave2008

Trophies
Website
www.completelyfreewii.com
XP
Country
Brilliant job! Thanks very much for the release! Made my terrible day 1 Billion times better!

COD5 has now stolen my evening!

Not sure if this is a Noob question but is there anywhere that shows the benefits of loading up through the disk channel i.e. is it really worth bothering if you have to enter the homebrew channel to activate it anyway?

Like I said great job and I can't wait to see what else you come up with!

Prawnmatic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
A very big thankyou to Wiigator and Waninkoko for their hard work, as well as everyone involved in testing, guide-writing and distribution. (A special shoutout to Forsaekn, can't wait to see what you've cooked up and to DJTaz for being like a mother to noobs worldwide)
Christmas came early this year
laugh.gif

Thor1981

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
nextgencorp.es
XP
Country
Good work by the wiigator BL v0.3 gamma waninkoko and also to improve the speed, it works perfectly, now a question:
There will be upgrades to improve the shipper or have completed the project?
Congratulations.
bow.gif

Matt Cese

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you Wiigator and Waninkoko. Star Wars FU (1:1) works perfectly now. Unfortunately Red Steel (1:1) does not, maybe it will in the next version. Thanks again.

nutta_nic

Trophies
XP
Country
i got a pal wii 3.2e and my results so far are

pal 1:1 c.o.d5, pal soulcalibre legends decripted and ntsc wii ski 1:1 and decripted all are now working with the wiigator's new cios installed on gamma, beta and softchip-r43

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: as to you