Backup Launcher 0.3 alpha

Darkkenfox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think you should try an open beta... it's better because you can have a bigger number of testers =) and I don't even see any bad side of this idea
Well you do what you want to, that's only what i think ^^

And nice work Wiigator! Thank you for your work ;D
[sorry if i made any mistake there (about english language)... that's a small problem xD]

TheWon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I would like to leave my resume. For becoming a Backup Beta Tester
I own 3 Wiis 1 Japanese, 1 US and I Homebrew Wii
I currently own 47 Wii games including Imports. I regular buy Import games so I am able to test new title all the time.
Both my Wii are homebrew enable. I update one of them to see what effects it will have on my Hombrew programs. I made several ISO and have all on my portable harddrive. Very Active Bittorrent user, and video uploader to youtube.
Work at Night and spend my time on the net during the day.
I made a how to install MAME correctly on wii video on Youtube.

GhostSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiGator said:
Gaisuto said:
I have a question. When you say older games won't work, do you mean those around the launch period like Twilight Princess, Monkey Ball, Warioware?

I mean games that use IOS21 or smaller (e.g. Twilight Princess and Red Steel). To get this working, I need also to patch these IOS versions.
Couldn't you use waninkoko's IOS patcher to patch the ISO to use a higer IOS? I guess some people would rather have a 100% clean iso though.

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
would the following scenario be possible to get all games working, even if they need a older ios:

start the loader
restart with patch ios
insert a game disc
check which version of ios is needed
reboot with that ios
patch ios on the fly
restart loader
start game

just my thoughts. maybe it seems a bit complicated for end users, but it's better than not working games.

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
first of all you have do get the wii read a copied disc. for that reason you have to get a patched ios version running. after that you can check which version is needed. at least that's how i understood it.

kiruyama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for working on this. It really is a project that I never thought would be reality. Is waninkoko working with you on this? if so, its good to see him working with a similar minded person. two heads are better than one :)

Sorox

Master Firo Soul
Trophies
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
ive been here since the very begining and from all of this happening, ive postponed buying a modchip. great work gATOR . ill beta test sometime in nov. i cant now because my parnts wont lend me 30$ t0 get dvd burnr.

(BTW, if i mispelled anything wrong, its because im writing this on my wii and dont feel kike prroof reading it)

ukime

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for your hard work and letting us know the details first-hand WiiGator, we're all eagerly looking forward to the new version.

I agree with a wider version for compatibility testing, only if manageable way to collate the information from many, many Internet randoms is worked out... otherwise it'd be a hell of a lot of possibly questionable results.

Hazz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great work! Everyone appreciates the time and effort. I for one (and I'm sure a few others) would appreciate having patched games work also, but I'd be willing to toss out and burn new isos if the compatibility is 99% with v.3. Anyway, thanks again!

toastert2003

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiigator.png

thanks dude

been waiting patiently since the first page of .3 thread, will continue to wait patiently.
wink.gif

fargond27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to satisfy my curiosity will version .3 use waninkokos new custom iso 36 rev 5 with DIP module version .2? as i understand it the DIP module is the part that makes loading backups possible. Also canyou tell me what the improvements of DIP v.2 are over v.1.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I really think an open beta is the best way to go. It's why Team Cyclops has such great support, because they have a couple rounds of open betas before the final release. On the other hand, you would probably have trouble dealing with the flood of bug reports.

Well, that post was pointless. I stated my point and than said why my point was not valid.

fac_ownage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
let's hope WarioLand ShakeIt stops with the freezing and video skipping!!!

99.9% of games better work WiiGator!!
smile.gif

Thanks for it all !!!

huhster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
digitydogs said:
My suggestion would be take .3 and release as an as-is public alpha/beta. use the feedback from that and then take .4 back private. Not only will you get a better variety of testing setups, but you get a good idea of who would be good to keep around as a private tester for the next version, while getting everyone who just wants it out of the way freeing up all the various forums to deal with real issues. Regardless of your final decision, thanks for all your hard work and dedication.

I could not had said it better than digitydogs. Keep up the great work WiiGATOR. As always, we appreciate your effort and time~!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-granite-ridge-zen-5-desktop-cp...