bootsector

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Miles said:
fac_ownage said:
bootsector said:
From what I could understand, Twilight Princess is not currently supported on 0.3? If so, then please WiiGator, take your time!
smile.gif

wait im confused, I thought you NEED a copy of Zelda TP to install the homebrew channel?
Some cheapos either just rented it or borrowed it.

Oh gosh!

When I referred to Zelda: TP I meant all the "older" games that don't rely on the most updated IOS, so they won't run as well!

And yes, there are so mamy cheap asses that just rent or borrow the damn game!
wink.gif

Sonic4Ever

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Maybe older games don't work because the Backup Launcher forces the version of IOS to use instead using the correct one?

Or maybe what I've said is dumb?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sonic4Ever said:
Maybe older games don't work because the Backup Launcher forces the version of IOS to use instead using the correct one?

Well it still wouldnt work without the backup launchers IOS so though technically correct its a pointless argument.

Sonic4Ever

Trophies
XP
Country
France
djtaz said:
Sonic4Ever said:

Well it still wouldnt work without the backup launchers IOS so though technically correct its a pointless argument.

I don't mean you have to "remove" ('cause you said "without") the IOS, but find a way so that when you load the game it uses the version of IOS it should use and not one forced by the backup launcher.

gisel213

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wiigator this is not beggin and such but I personally think you guys only if you can release the new cios and 0.3
before some numbskulls update their wiis and cant do a thing anymore my main reason these forums are gonna
be filled with alot of useless posts and sad/sally sobstories.... Admins will be deleting posts and banning people
till their fingers bleed! I see some us and pal users saying it doesnt work some say it does and some say you cant
install your cios and or other things either it's a big gamble.... This is the perfect time to strike back at the big N
for this mess... they blocked us once and yet like a couple hours later the tp hack was back in full effect and were
still here now enjoyin thangz and so are you devs hacking,digging and probing the wii for so many cool things.....

If you release 0.3 and cios I think waninkoko's offline installer as online may get us sucked into that black hole of
an update this will cool everything down newbs winers and complainers will begin to shut their traps then you all
can start 0.4 while decrypting this new Ios51 problem just like team twillzers did with 3.3 when it came to the twilight
hack....... If they can do it so can you these game systems are written by man or woman and can be undone by man
or woman.... A release would give you a big gulp of air and breathing room to get this mess sorted out at the top
of the readme it should say DO NOT UPDATE WII OR ELSE 4 NOW AND TO THE FOOLS WHO DID IT WELL THATS
THEIR OWN FAULT!

I saw a quoted post from another site saying nintendo has technically killed .3 it's over it can't be this is only
fw that is software based dont forget savemii and bootmii this may come in handy for unbricking and or decompiling
this new fw update....................

Happy Hacking Wiigator and Crew

Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Franky gisel213, if the ISO loader gets released, the forum will be flooded with it.
If it doesn't get released, the forum will be flooded with it.

There is no avoiding a major backfire from tons of members if the ISO loader does or doesn't get released. Releasing it in an incomplete state would just raise more hell from people who don't know what they're doing and uninstall IOS36 or something.

harryk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
Just to make sure nobody will miss it:

IF YOU WANT TO USE IT (wiiloader 0.3), DON'T MAKE ANY ONLINE UPDATE FROM NINTENDO!

(written by WiiGator 3 minutes ago, see first post in this topic)

Jordan10la

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
harryk said:

IF YOU WANT TO USE IT (wiiloader 0.3), DON'T MAKE ANY ONLINE UPDATE FROM NINTENDO!

I wonder why. I haven;t updated but didn't a beta tester say it caused no harm. Sucks though as I was gonna hook my cousin up with all this when I go up there this weekend. He wouldn't know not to update...

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
harryk said:

What about it if some had updated? But have the cios_fix in place?

Lafie

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
WiiShizzza said:
harryk said:

The thing is, for the new cIOS (the one that comes with loader 0.3) to be installed, the old one (cIOS_fix) will have to be deleted, unless WiiGator used another number (instead of IOS249) for the new cIOS. And I don't know what will happen if you try to install a new cIOS with a program that is running under a cIOS about to be deleted. It could just work, but it's not sure to work.

Jordan10la

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Lafie said:
WiiShizzza said:
harryk said:

The thing is, for the new cIOS (the one that comes with loader 0.3) to be installed, the old one (cIOS_fix) will have to be deleted, unless WiiGator used another number (instead of IOS249) for the new cIOS. And I don't know what will happen if you try to install a new cIOS with a program that is running under a cIOS about to be deleted. It could just work, but it's not sure to work.
What do you mean? I don't get it. Can't you just uninstall the current cIOS with the wad manager? If so what order would it be uninstalled? Just uninstall the cIOS fix? cIOS fix and the original? If both what order what order?

gisel213

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
harryk said:

Now thats what I'm talkin about step one get this thing moving educating the users and only if they can let it loose 0.3
so they can get on this new problamatic ios51 which is starrin us in the face....

Much respect to Wiigator and Waninkoko were counting on you!

Lafie

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
harryk said:
What do you mean? I don't get it. Can't you just uninstall the current cIOS with the wad manager? If so what order would it be uninstalled? Just uninstall the cIOS fix? cIOS fix and the original? If both what order what order?
Let me see if I can explain the technical side of things. The new Nintendo update, patches ALL IOS's, to remove a certain bug (fake signing bug). Without this bug, homebrew programs are not capable of installing anything new to the Wii system anymore. So that means, you can't install WAD's, you can't install the Homebrew Channel, you can't install a new cIOS.
However, if you have a cIOS already installed, Nintendo didn't patch that one. And since a cIOS is always based on a IOS and has it's basic capabilities, you have an IOS on your Wii that still has that fake signing bug. This is because the current cIOS releases are based on IOS's that still had that bug, so the cIOS you have installed also still has that bug.
Now, that means that homebrew software can use that cIOS, to install new stuff to the Wii system, like a WAD or a new cIOS. But if you uninstall the old cIOS first, you don't have a IOS on your Wii anymore that has the fake signing bug, so homebrew software can't install new stuff to your Wii anymore, including a new cIOS.

Supercool330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I may be able to help the issue (not much but some). I have made a slightly modified version of patchmii that tries to install patchmii (IOS 254) using cIOS (IOS 249). This would allow a user to install a new version of of cIOS, but you would have to have either patchmii or cIOS installed for this to work. Give me a few minutes to make sure it works the way I think it should.

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Lafie said:
Let me see if I can explain the technical side of things. The new Nintendo update, patches ALL IOS's, to remove a certain bug (fake signing bug). Without this bug, homebrew programs are not capable of installing anything new to the Wii system anymore. So that means, you can't install WAD's, you can't install the Homebrew Channel, you can't install a new cIOS.
However, if you have a cIOS already installed, Nintendo didn't patch that one. And since a cIOS is always based on a IOS and has it's basic capabilities, you have an IOS on your Wii that still has that fake signing bug. This is because the current cIOS releases are based on IOS's that still had that bug, so the cIOS you have installed also still has that bug.
Now, that means that homebrew software can use that cIOS, to install new stuff to the Wii system, like a WAD or a new cIOS. But if you uninstall the old cIOS first, you don't have a IOS on your Wii anymore that has the fake signing bug, so homebrew software can't install new stuff to your Wii anymore, including a new cIOS.
nice explanation! thank you.

so as the people using a cios_fix and updated have there console run on that particularly IOS.
But if the cios that comes with the new loader would be called IOS250 installation should work.

Maybe a bit off topic, but what can/would happen if I use the AnyTitleDeleter and delete all the ios that are patched from the update.
Leaving only IOS249 at it's place. Could it be possible then to copy the old unpatched IOSes or FS Dumper output at the place again?

Supercool330Well I may be able to help the issue (not much but some). I have made a slightly modified version of patchmii that tries to install patchmii (IOS 254) using cIOS (IOS 249). This would allow a user to install a new version of of cIOS, but you would have to have either patchmii or cIOS installed for this to work. Give me a few minutes to make sure it works the way I think it should.

That sounds good.
Awaiting your final test results
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Nighty night