Hacking Question Backup Emunand Partition

giovany86

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone

I'm looking for a solution to backup only the emunand raw partition of my SD card because every software i tried are making full backup of the 128GB micro sd card.

So, do you have any software recommendation / tutorials / anything to do the backup the raw emunand partition ? (on Windows)

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
are you familiar with command line? if so, you can use dd
it's unix app but there's port for windows or you can use cygwin to run dd (the windows port didn't work for me for some reason)

Reactions: ELY_M

Itsuki235

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are asking that question, then dd would not be appropriate for your skill level.

The only thing valuable about an emuMMC partition is that it has save data for games. Extract that to SD:/switch/checkpoint/saves using Checkpoint. The rest of everything else (sd card contents, nand nsp's, software config) can be replaced easily or is otherwise unimportant.

Why exactly are trying to make a backup if I may ask?

sjogro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks.
I was also looking for a way to backup the RAW partition of EmuNAND, just to be safe (and keep my savegames). I'll go the other route and export saves with Checkpoint. I want to rebuild my entire SD because of some ongoing problems.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs