backup didn't work

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Ethanx94, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Ethanx94
    OP

Ethanx94 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 8, 2007
    United States
    In the parallel dimension
    Okay. My first attempt at a backup. Took 5+ hours on my crappy wildblue sattelite internet to dowload this 500+MB file which was the clean iso in an rar. Its PAL version of Wii Music for my NTSC console. I have cios36_rev5 and dvdx installed onto IOS249. I brickblocked it then burned it onto a DVD+R Memorex disc with Imgburn and I set the booktype to DVD-ROM. I set the burn speed to between 3x and 8x but most of the time it burnt at 6x. I used wiigator's .3b fix. When I start the loader, insert the game disc, and tell it to force pal or ntsc it gives me an error. It's a strange error because its an error on top of an error. It says Error: Set []eorypNofDVDI. Or something similar. See picture [​IMG]
    EDIT: Finally got it to work. I had to install the new cios. To anyone else out there with a similar problem take my advice and don't be a pussy. I got this working with the new gamma (didn't try it through the disc channel though) and the old wiigator loader in the picture. I burned a dvd+r with a dvd-rom booktype (as stated above) and a dvd-r and they both work the same.

2. ether2802

ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Former Staff
    Oct 14, 2007
    Mexico
    Pto. Vallarta
    for 0.3beta you don't need the DVDx app, by the way why you aren't using the newer 0.3gamma????

3. Ethanx94
    OP

Ethanx94 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 8, 2007
    United States
    I heard gama wont force ntsc or pal or whatever one i need forced. And I think I need a different cIOS.

4. Ethanx94
    OP

Ethanx94 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 8, 2007
    United States
    Bump
    Can someone confirm this. And also which one do I need forced since I have a ntsc wii/tv.

5. zetswei

zetswei Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2008
    United States
    I'm having this problem also on an NTSC wii, with NTSC game

6. EmperorOfCanada

EmperorOfCanada GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 4, 2008
    Canada
    Canada
    I use gamma_djtaz loader channel (the one with gbatemp all over it) and I didnt change any settings and all my ntsc backups work fine on ntsc wii

7. zetswei

zetswei Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2008
    United States
    do you have a link to how to install? Do you just install the .wad with wad installer and it's good?

8. quim69

quim69 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 26, 2008
    Netherlands Antilles
    That error is either a bad burn or the cios isn't installed properly.

Also a 500mb release of wii music isn't "clean", it's a scrubbed release.