Hacking backport or match id/region first?

piducogt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I have CUSA00341 Uncharted 4 (US) with my PS4 5.05. I want update to 1.33 version what need firmware 6.72.

I dowloading Uncharted.4.A.Thiefs.End.Update.v1.33.PS4-DUPLEX for CUSA00917 (EU) then I have the following question:

what should i do first: backport update to 5.05 and then match update with my CUSA00341 version or upside down

What would be the correct order?

D

Deleted User

I have CUSA00341 Uncharted 4 (US) with my PS4 5.05. I want update to 1.33 version what need firmware 6.72.

I dowloading Uncharted.4.A.Thiefs.End.Update.v1.33.PS4-DUPLEX for CUSA00917 (EU) then I have the following question:

what should i do first: backport update to 5.05 and then match update with my CUSA00341 version or upside down

What would be the correct order?

backport then match hope this helps i use duxa i assume it's what you will use. as for the backporting to my knowledge backport tool v1.3 supports updates

just want to make an edit from my comment cause you seem confused you need a backport for your region can't like mix regions or cusa versions blah blah but that's been a thing for awhile now. Stuff like that won't work with tools and ps4 without manually editing and repacking and is just a dumb idea

for others reading this let's say i dump my copy of dark souls 08495 and you have the same game. You notice that I dumped the update. You dumped your base game but would like to use my update. Even though my base game is the same my update will fail to install on your copy. You must first use duxa to repackage or match or marry my update to your base game. Then it will work. This will not work mixing cusa of different region/version...

Last edited by ,

piducogt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
backport then match hope this helps i use duxa i assume it's what you will use. as for the backporting to my knowledge backport tool v1.3 supports updates

just want to make an edit from my comment cause you seem confused you need a backport for your region can't like mix regions or cusa versions blah blah but that's been a thing for awhile now. Stuff like that won't work with tools and ps4 without manually editing and repacking and is just a dumb idea

for others reading this let's say i dump my copy of dark souls 08495 and you have the same game. You notice that I dumped the update. You dumped your base game but would like to use my update. Even though my base game is the same my update will fail to install on your copy. You must first use duxa to repackage or match or marry my update to your base game. Then it will work. This will not work mixing cusa of different region/version...

ty for your answer,
Regarding the use of different regions, I used a guide before called "Updating a Fake PKG Game with a Mismatched Title ID/Region Patch" and works for me with other game

and yes, i will use backport tool v1.3 for update ,but my question basically is whether to follow an order, taking something clean from your comment I will try to do the backport and then match the region

PD: why mix regions?, that is because for my language i prefer US versions (
which generally includes dubbing in Latin Spanish), and unfortunately people like DUPLEX only dump European version updates

Last edited by piducogt,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ