FrozenOne23

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey everyone, I got a G6 lite (thats mine and I use it to play games etcetera) My brother has a MK4 mini and a neoflash 512MB. He plays pokémon pearl on it, it works fine. However, he would likes to have his save backed up to the computer (just in case...). I'm not sure how to do this, the MK4 mini can't connect to the PC (and the save is stored on the MK4 mini). My G6 lite has a "backup save" option for DS CARD->Default (normally used for transfering a save from a retail game to the G6 lite. Will this work too for the MK4? I'm not "just trying" this myself, because I will probarly lose the save when it doesn't work (and my brother doesn't want to lose 20 hours of Pokémon.

Can someone give a solution? Or has someone tried the same?

Thanks for your help!
smile.gif

Mark

FrozenOne23

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Topic:Backing up G6 Saves

Here's one auto-backup tool: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=37349

I remember there being more than one, but I got tired of looking.

edit: Here's another one: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=36963

Erm, right, I know how to backup saves from the G6 lite (come on, is it that hard?) But I only want to know if I can use my G6 with the backup save option (DSCARD to Default) to backup my save from the MK4 mini to the G6 lite.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There's only one way to find out. That option won't delete the save from a standard DS game, so it probably won't delete the save from the MK4. Anyway, it's better to find out 20 hours into the game than 40 hours in.

WhateverDude

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I highly doubt it will erase the save from the MK4. Like Destructobot said, since "DS Card -> Default" doesn't harm retail DS cartridges, I doubt it will damage the MK4 save. Worse case scenario, it just won't be able backup the save. Just try it (make sure you don't overwrite your own Pokémon on the G6 if you have one) and see if it works.

Also, new drinking game: every time GBA_Temper tries to "help" someone by giving them a "solution" that has nothing to do with what they asked in the first place, take a drink. Can you even *read* English?

FrozenOne23

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I highly doubt it will erase the save from the MK4. Like Destructobot said, since "DS Card -> Default" doesn't harm retail DS cartridges, I doubt it will damage the MK4 save. Worse case scenario, it just won't be able backup the save. Just try it (make sure you don't overwrite your own Pokémon on the G6 if you have one) and see if it works.

Also, new drinking game: every time GBA_Temper tries to "help" someone by giving them a "solution" that has nothing to do with what they asked in the first place, take a drink. Can you even *read* English?

Oh come on, he tried to help at least
tongue.gif

cheezbunny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's only one way to find out. That option won't delete the save from a standard DS game, so it probably won't delete the save from the MK4. Anyway, it's better to find out 20 hours into the game than 40 hours in.

so destructobot, or anyone, how do you use the g6 to copy the save from an actual DS game cartridge to the G6, so that you can then back that save file up on your computer? can you just use the "save backup" options when you press select in the g6 main menu?
your help is much appreciated

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Start up the G6 in DS mode, remove the passcard if you're using one, and insert the DS game. Select the rom who's save you want to overwrite, press select, and choose "DS Card -> Default". This should copy the save from the DS game to the .0 file for the rom you selected.

The process for writing a save back to the DS game is the same, except you use the "Default -> DS Card" option.

This may not work for every game. I think there is a save type (or multiple save types) that's not supported, but I don't know which type it is.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, I haven't turn on my OG Xbox one in ages, just did now and ofcourse, 32GB update required, gonna take forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Edit: nevermind, I forgot I up-ed my internet speed, only 30 min remaining.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Will a mobo with a M2ssd slot work without a M2ssd installed, using a sata ssd temporary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    As long as sata just point bios to boot to it as main drive
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Is that a compilation of you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    M.2 is more of a luxury you can still boot from Ide if you really wanted to
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean as long as the motherboard still has sata ports unless you're still in celeron days
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    wut
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it has Sata 3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It should still have a Bootable option in bios select drive
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats sata?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sata is the type of interface/cable connection of hard drives/disc drives for Pc.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't tell them about old bank drives may explode
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mini pcs in the 70's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    128kbs of storage
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do I connect this to my emachine
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The Tattooist of Auschwitz is pretty good so far