Hacking Back into the scenes... Flashcart Question

windjai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So yeah, I've just recently gotten back into the scene updating firmware etc and trying to patch games up to play.

Now, from what I can see, M3 DS Simply is not really in the scenes anymore? So if I'm upgrading firmwares, what am I to do?

I've always remembered that M3 DS Simply is basically like a R4. I've changed the firmwares on the M3 to the R4 firmwares, but now there's this Wood R4. It's getting more complicated!

Please note: I've got Wood R4 to work on my M3 DS Simply. But I'm not convinced if I'm doing the right thing. So what is happening in the market? I know there are now flashcarts that support DSi and SDHC.

Fill me in guys.

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are some really great and thorough reviews with pictures and testing that you can access from the left navigation bar on the GBATemp main portal page. Id reccommend reading the reviews for Supercard DSTwo and Acekard 2i - they are the veritable standard for well supported, DSi compatible, MicroSDHC compatible DS flashcarts.

I know almost nothing about the M3 Simply, but if you do like wood and still have 2GB mSDs, a regular old Wood compatible R4DS is ~$4-6 with standard shipping depending on the vendor. US$6 if you get it from ShopTemp, and I've commonly heard of people in the UK getting the package in 1 Week though they say to expect 14 days for delivery.

I personally use the AK2i because I don't have the $35 to spare for the DSTwo yet. Been using AK2i since around May I suppose, and I paid $18 for it and I truly love it. My bf still uses an R4 because he's on a DSLite and he loves it, especially since Wood and AKAIO both use the same theme format, of which there are tons available and I have made a few from scratch myself.

windjai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
exangel said:
There are some really great and thorough reviews with pictures and testing that you can access from the left navigation bar on the GBATemp main portal page. Id reccommend reading the reviews for Supercard DSTwo and Acekard 2i - they are the veritable standard for well supported, DSi compatible, MicroSDHC compatible DS flashcarts.

I know almost nothing about the M3 Simply, but if you do like wood and still have 2GB mSDs, a regular old Wood compatible R4DS is ~$4-6 with standard shipping depending on the vendor. US$6 if you get it from ShopTemp, and I've commonly heard of people in the UK getting the package in 1 Week though they say to expect 14 days for delivery.

I personally use the AK2i because I don't have the $35 to spare for the DSTwo yet. Been using AK2i since around May I suppose, and I paid $18 for it and I truly love it. My bf still uses an R4 because he's on a DSLite and he loves it, especially since Wood and AKAIO both use the same theme format, of which there are tons available and I have made a few from scratch myself.

Hey exangel. I don't really plan to buy another Flashcart, so I'm hoping the R4 firmware can still work on my M3 DS Simply. Yeah, I currently have Wood on it right now. So I think I'll be going on the Wood and AKAIO route (gonna research on AKAIO as I don't know what that really is). I'm gonna look up some themes for it too, cause my previous DeathNote theme is now gone since I've updated to Wood.

It's kind of weird a lot has changed. I think I left the scene about when Dragon Quest 9 in Japan was out. That was the first ever game I was to patch up.

Can the original R4 run mSDHCs? Thanks again btw!

n8equalsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The original R4 cant use sdhc or any micro sd over 2gb unfortunately. And I beleive you can only run AKAIO on the acekard rpg, acekard 2i, and the acekard 2.1.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Dumpflam, Report it or contact staff.