Hacking Avoiding fake flash carts.

ShiningYoshi1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm looking to find a good flash cart mainly for the purpose of playing Pokemon, and transferring save files onto my computer for certain purposes. I think the R4 is fine, it seems to be cheap, and all I need is:

-somewhat cheap
-easy to use, plug+play
-fast, functions like a normal game
-doesn't break too easily, no physical problems.

I honestly know almost nothing about flash carts, so I am looking to avoid ones that don't work. I don't mind clones, but would prefer ones that work with the firmware found at the official site. I'm looking to buy from dealextreme, do most of the R4 clones there, e.g. R4i, R4 with SDHC, work properly in the ways I listed above, and hopefully also with firmware that's easy to find and use?

Thanks.
yaynds.gif

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Well that depends I'm not too sure but others will have different opinions. So far I only have the real R4 and Cyclo DS.

Golin

Trophies
Website
www.loswades.frih.net
XP
Country
United States
ShiningYoshi1 said:
Hi, I'm looking to find a good flash cart mainly for the purpose of playing Pokemon, and transferring save files onto my computer for certain purposes. I think the R4 is fine, it seems to be cheap, and all I need is:

-somewhat cheap
-easy to use, plug+play
-fast, functions like a normal game
-doesn't break too easily, no physical problems.

I honestly know almost nothing about flash carts, so I am looking to avoid ones that don't work. I don't mind clones, but would prefer ones that work with the firmware found at the official site. I'm looking to buy from dealextreme, do most of the R4 clones there, e.g. R4i, R4 with SDHC, work properly in the ways I listed above, and hopefully also with firmware that's easy to find and use?

Thanks.
yaynds.gif
Avoid all R4 products from now on. Get an M3 DS Real--not m3adaptes--from DealExtreme.

ShiningYoshi1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could consider the CycloDS Evolution, but the review on this site doesn't seem to work, and I do want to see that. Plus when I search CycloDS Evolution on DX, it doesn't give me any results. :/

Any ideas on the Acekard? Does it not come with the MicroSD chip?

PokemonV

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The review of the cyclo on the site is very old, there has been lots of updates to the cyclo after it. And Deal Extreme doesn't have cyclo because it costs a lot of money. Try getting it from stuffs4kids.com or redhotstuff.com

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I would have got a CycloDS but they weren't available were I bought mine. As much as R4DS isn't that great now because they're all clones, I got an R4DS SDHC which works pretty well, although I have had problems with skinning, cheats and moonshell gives me an error on the bottom screen when it's loading all the time but otherwise it works like a charm.

ShiningYoshi1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PharaohsVizier, thanks for that.

Thanks to everyone else too for replying.
smile.gif

I'll probably get a CycloDS Evo, since it seems to get so much praise. I don't really care about the price, $50-60 USD is fine. From what I've read the Acekard seems good, but the cart design seems a bit weird, with that screw and such. Plus it doesn't come with a MicroSD and I don't want to bother buying one separately.

So I'll probably get the Cyclo, and maybe a cheap DSTT as backup.

ShiningYoshi1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PharaohsVizier, thanks for that.

Thanks to everyone else too for replying.
smile.gif

I'll probably get a CycloDS Evo, since it seems to get so much praise. I don't really care about the price, $50-60 USD is fine. From what I've read the Acekard seems good, but the cart design seems a bit weird, with that screw and such. Plus it doesn't come with a MicroSD and I don't want to bother buying one separately.

So I'll probably get the Cyclo, and maybe a cheap DSTT as backup.

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
EDGE is a CycloDS clone so it has all the game fixes of CycloDS but none of the features.
So I guess in terms of reliability it's just as good but it doesn't have any fancy stuff.

ShiningYoshi1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, the Edge looks pretty good too, and it's only about half the price of the Cyclo.

So really, would it just be better to get an Edge? Mostly want for game playing purposes, anyway.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Dankrigannon said:
Does Dealextreme sell knock off carts?

I bought an Acecard from them, and it doesnt have the Actel chip like most I have seen..

Yeah DX sells plenty of knock off cards unfortunately but as far as I know the only AK2 clone out there is rebadged as a R4.

Smokexz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well don't buy from DealExtreme those are fake and always break easily...

Systemgears.com I think is the site that I got mine from...

It's alright, I installed YSMENU on it just fine no problems and all games USRCHEATS.dat everything works awesome and just fine.
You must DLDI patch some .nds files but it's alright

I would buy a cyclo DS tho...

That's probably the best flash cart for the DS right now.

Also, if you find a cheap flash cart, DON'T BUY IT.

The real ones ESTIMATE 50$ 1gb mini sd card 60$ 2gb mini sd card.

Sorry bud but if you want a stable flash cart, it's gotta be expensive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o