AverTV USB HD DVR

Deleted member 473940

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
AverMedia Dark Crystal External HD has input/output for component. There is a output for HDMI but whats the use for that? I could not find any clear answers... my tv has HDMI only... can i plug that in from xbox to this and hdmi out to tv? just making sure. please only confirm if you have tried this.

My TV has only HDMI ports. I dont wanna spend another £50 pounds to get a HDMI to Component converter.

Or is there any alternative HD PVR's that goes around £120 and supports HDMI instead of component?

MakiManPR

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah the HDMI is output only. You connect you Xbox through Component cables to the AverTV and the HDMI cable from the AverTV to your TV.

MakiManPR

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah the HDMI is output only. You connect you Xbox through Component cables to the AverTV and the HDMI cable from the AverTV to your TV.
You have tested this out? I have been getting a lot of mixed responses..

What about the PS3? Same?
Well I had and Hauppauge HD PVR. But that's what I have read on the internet.

Deleted member 473940

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Hauppauge doesnt have any HDMI output, does it o.o?

Well if not AverMedia.. is there any other PVR's with HDMI support?

Elgato is a bit too much for my budget.

MakiManPR

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country

Hauppauge doesnt have any HDMI output, does it o.o?

Well if not AverMedia.. is there any other PVR's with HDMI support?

Elgato is a bit too much for my budget.
Hauppauge don't have HDMI ports.

From this link

"Apparently the HDMi on the Avermedia is for output only. From what I read it will only play back the files that it captured. I'm assuming this means any files that are in the right container but it could be more restrictive than that. In any case both these devices use the component analog hole to capture."

"The HDMI port on the Avermedia HD USB is for video output. According to the documentation, it's supposed to be connected to a TV or LCD monitor. From what I gather the Arcsoft software is able to play back recorded content, send it to the Avermedia HD USB, and from there it's supposed to go through the HDMI connection to the TV or monitor."

So looks like is just to play recorded files on your TV via HDMI

I read somewhere that HDMI signals cannot be recorded cuz they're protected or something like that.

It will work the same with the PS3

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1