Hacking Question autoRCM not turning off

DankBong420

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi I'm trying to turn off autoRCM, but the thing is, Hekate (5.3.2) says it's off, but my switch still remains to boot into RCM mode.

I know it corrupts one of the boot files, so if I need those the only ones I have is from early 2019.

So is there any way I can fix this if possible? I'm going to be lending it to my oldest nephew this weekend and would like a smooth Switch experience for him.

I'm on 10.0.4|AMS 0.14.1|E

Thanks!:)

Hernie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you used Hekate to initially set up autoRCM....I'd try an earlier version of Hekate. If you used another method to set up autoRCM, try using that. From what I understand, there are different ways to implement autoRCM.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

DankBong420

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you used Hekate to initially set up autoRCM....I'd try an earlier version of Hekate. If you used another method to set up autoRCM, try using that. From what I understand, there are different ways to implement autoRCM.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Hi thank you for your reply. Sorry I got back late, was sleeping. Anyways, I downgraded to Hekate 5.3.0 and 5.2.1, and both says it's off, yet my switch still boots to RCM.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

222 views and only one response, GBATemp?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

How can a place, where 90% of switch hacks gets released, not have a single answer? Kinda absurd if you ask me.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If AutoRCM is off and your Switch continues to boot into RCM, then there's something wrong with your Switch. If you have a sysMMC backup, I would restore it and see what happens.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wouldn't updating to the latest 10.1.0 automatically fix autoRCM? Or maybe there's a safety feature in Atmosphere that prevents that from happening? @Lacius would know the fine details about this.

DankBong420

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think there is something wrong because I can't even boot OFW. "No main boot entries found" CFW however is fine so yay I guess. Emulation ftw ig.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a bad idea, he'll end up with a sysNAND which is unclean/not safe for online and no way to go back to a 100% clean NAND.
The user should make a sysMMC backup if he doesn't already have one, before doing anything else. He won't lose anything he doesn't already have.

DankBong420

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's a bad idea, he'll end up with a sysNAND which is unclean/not safe for online and no way to go back to a 100% clean NAND.
I am banned OFW anyways. Get a message like "The online services on this console is currently restricted by Nintendo"

The user should make a sysMMC backup if he doesn't already have one, before doing anything else. He won't lose anything he doesn't already have.
The only files I could salvage on my older SSD were my BOOT0 and BOOT1 files. Might be dumb asking this, but do they get updated with new firm updates? Because these boot files are from mid first quarter of 2019.

I'll also try the thing you said if you're still sure of it, I'm at work right now, so it'll be a couple hours or so.

Thanks!

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only files I could salvage on my older SSD were my BOOT0 and BOOT1 files. Might be dumb asking this, but do they get updated with new firm updates? Because these boot files are from mid first quarter of 2019.
BOOT0/1 are updated with system version updates, yes. BOOT0/1 must comport with your system version.

I'll also try the thing you said if you're still sure of it, I'm at work right now, so it'll be a couple hours or so.
If you're already banned, I recommend using something like NxNandManager to backup your emuMMC, and I recommend using something like NxNandManager to restore your emuMMC backup to your sysMMC. If you can get your sysMMC to boot properly after doing this, you might as well get rid of your emuMMC, since you're already banned.

That all being said, I recommend first trying to launch your OFW sysMMC using a freshly downloaded version of Hekate. Make sure you delete the bootloader folder off your SD card before putting the new version onto your SD card. There might not be anything wrong with your sysMMC if all you're getting is the "no main boot entries found" error. This might be a Hekate error. If you can get your sysMMC to boot using Hekate, then I would recommend installing the 10.1.0 update using ChoiDujourNX on Atmosphere, being sure to uncheck the AutoRCM option. I would recommend Daybreak, but it will preserve AutoRCM if it's installed, and that's not what we want.

Last edited by Lacius,

DankBong420

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BOOT0/1 are updated with system version updates, yes. BOOT0/1 must comport with your system version.

If you're already banned, I recommend using something like NxNandManager to backup your emuMMC, and I recommend using something like NxNandManager to restore your emuMMC backup to your sysMMC. If you can get your sysMMC to boot properly after doing this, you might as well get rid of your emuMMC, since you're already banned.

That all being said, I recommend first trying to launch your OFW sysMMC using a freshly downloaded version of Hekate. Make sure you delete the bootloader folder off your SD card before putting the new version onto your SD card. There might not be anything wrong with your sysMMC if all you're getting is the "no main boot entries found" error. This might be a Hekate error. If you can get your sysMMC to boot using Hekate, then I would recommend installing the 10.1.0 update using ChoiDujourNX on Atmosphere, being sure to uncheck the AutoRCM option. I would recommend Daybreak, but it will preserve AutoRCM if it's installed, and that's not what we want.

Stone, so I deleted the bootloader folder and replaced it what the one I freshly downloaded from the git. 5.3.2. I still got that same era, so I replaced the bootloader folder with the one I had previously since I wanted to install Nintendo VR labo game so I dont always forget it at home when I go to my mom's on weekends, and my nephew loves the camera and underwater bit. Kinda cool lol, Rift S heaps better kek.

Anyways, I did all this while not home, but through my phone and Rekado android app.

That NX tool you told me to use, I'm unsure how to use it, and don't wanna accidentally screw up my emunand, as I think it's putting my switch on "life support".

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stone, so I deleted the bootloader folder and replaced it what the one I freshly downloaded from the git. 5.3.2. I still got that same era, so I replaced the bootloader folder with the one I had previously since I wanted to install Nintendo VR labo game so I dont always forget it at home when I go to my mom's on weekends, and my nephew loves the camera and underwater bit. Kinda cool lol, Rift S heaps better kek.

Anyways, I did all this while not home, but through my phone and Rekado android app.

That NX tool you told me to use, I'm unsure how to use it, and don't wanna accidentally screw up my emunand, as I think it's putting my switch on "life support".
Backing up the emuMMC won't actually mess with it, so it should be relatively risk free.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
You didn't tell him to do that though. Remember, a lot of noobs will just blindly follow advice. Always keep that in mind when you give advice.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You didn't tell him to do that though. Remember, a lot of noobs will just blindly follow advice. Always keep that in mind when you give advice.
The sysMMC was non-functional and likely dirty before we received confirmation that it was in fact dirty. A sysMMC backup is recommended but not required.

DankBong420

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The sysMMC was non-functional and likely dirty before we received confirmation that it was in fact dirty. A sysMMC backup is recommended but not required.
So how do I use this program? I need my switch or just it's card?

I'm not a complete noob when it comes to stuff like this. I've been looking up hacks for my Nintendo consoles ever since I remember reading about hacking your Wii back in the day with SSBB. I've hacked numerous 3dses and Wii Us over the last decade, flash nand, CFW'd them (remember emunand'ing them as well) to the point I really don't need the guides unless I'm questioned about something. Hell, it was a side job for a while. 75 dollars for any game? Made people happy, and my wallet!

The Switch is a bit different with this autorcm so that's why I said I'm not a complete noob.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So how do I use this program? I need my switch or just it's card?

I'm not a complete noob when it comes to stuff like this. I've been looking up hacks for my Nintendo consoles ever since I remember reading about hacking your Wii back in the day with SSBB. I've hacked numerous 3dses and Wii Us over the last decade, flash nand, CFW'd them (remember emunand'ing them as well) to the point I really don't need the guides unless I'm questioned about something. Hell, it was a side job for a while. 75 dollars for any game? Made people happy, and my wallet!

The Switch is a bit different with this autorcm so that's why I said I'm not a complete noob.
You need a computer to use NxNandManager. You only need the SD card to backup the emuMMC, and you obviously need the Switch to restore it to the sysMMC.

Last edited by Lacius,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr