Hacking AUTORCM and Battery

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am on the latest atmosphere and Hekate. And our Switch is autoRCM.

A question is that can I shut it down and the battery wont drain quicker ? IF so, how ?

I am sick and tired to keep it running in sleep mode. I haven't played it for a month or so. I want it to shut down and battery remain normal like original Nintendo with no AUTORCM.

Reactions: Reynardine

shano

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
And battery will be steady just like non jailbreak switch ?

It will disabled autoRCM ? (I dont want that)

And to play it again then do the payload ?
Battery should be fine and you will need to do payload again.

Check the battery percentage then power it off and come back and turn it back on 6 hours later or something and you should see the batter percentage has not changed.

Reynardine

Fuchsly
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I know this problem too well. Sometimes I turn my Switch hacked off, or at least I assume I did and next day the battery is empty. I use the power menu in atmosphere as I would on an unhacked console.

I haven't found a solution yet other than reloading hekate and choosing power off from there.

Last edited by Reynardine,

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this problem too well. Sometimes I turn my Switch hacked off, or at least I assume I did and next day the battery is empty. I use the power menu in atmosphere as I would on an unhacked console.

I haven't found a solution yet other than reloading hekate and choosing power off from there.
Atmosphere has powered off the switch normally via powering off via HOS for a long time now. If you just hold the power button though it will just turn back on...

Reactions: Reynardine

Raugo

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
As Biff627 said you don't need hekate, Atmosphere do a good power off directly from the power off option of the HOS

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you have to inject the payload again when turned back on? I'm guessing the only way to avoid injecting payload and the jig is to put it on sleep mode?

Yes, you will have to do that. To avoid injecting payload is to put it on sleep mode. The reason I said that because I haven't used Nintendo Switch for few months. So no reason o put it on sleep mode if I am not using it for a while.

Reactions: vMasked

Naxster

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I have AutoRCM but I always shut it down after I'm done playing by pressing the power button a few seconds and click the "Power off" button...

The good thing here is that I'm using a RCMloader which I use every time I boot up the console. Just insert it on the console, press the power button and that's it, booted into CFW again. Easy and simple :)

Reactions: laz305 and vMasked

laz305

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have AutoRCM but I always shut it down after I'm done playing by pressing the power button a few seconds and click the "Power off" button...

The good thing here is that I'm using a RCMloader which I use every time I boot up the console. Just insert it on the console, press the power button and that's it, booted into CFW again. Easy and simple :)
I’m super paranoid but want to enable this feature cuz I’m afraid just keeping it in sleep mode all the time is damaging. But what are the ways AutoRCM can brick your switch?

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m super paranoid but want to enable this feature cuz I’m afraid just keeping it in sleep mode all the time is damaging. But what are the ways AutoRCM can brick your switch?
Autorcm does a safe corruption to boot0 (if I remember correctly). So everytime u press power itll boot into rcm (recovery mode). If you go to install it, 1)if you're using sx os, use that to set it up
2)if you're using atmosphere then use hekate to set it up.
Leaving your switch in sleep mode constantly isnt damaging (at least I havent experienced any damage and most other people I've heard havent had damage done)

Reactions: laz305

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o