Hacking Automatic ripping tool

  • Thread starter Thread starter McHaggis
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 920
  • Replies Replies 4

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Member
Joined
Oct 24, 2008
Messages
1,749
Reaction score
966
Trophies
1
XP
1,476
Country
So, I'm just setting up with Devolution. I have 23 GC games that I want to rip, and I'm wondering if there's something to streamline the process, ie insert, rip, eject, (rinse &) repeat, without interrupting my regularly scheduled television viewing to check progress or set the next disc going.

Does this feature exist in any ripping programs or backup loaders? Also, can I rip with WiiFlow or do I need to use CleanRip?
 
I don't think such a thing exists, but an open source ripper could probably be modified to do so. If WiiFlow rips proper 1:1 ISO images, you can use it. Otherwise, you need to use CleanRip. (I don't know for sure as I haven't tried ripping discs with WiiFlow, or CleanRip for that matter)
 
Thanks for the reply.

Well, I tried a rip with WiiFlow and it didn't work, so CleanRip it is. By the time I modify an open source ripper to batch rip, given that I'm not familiar writing code for the Wii, I could have ripped all my games and someone more knowledgeable than me might have beaten me to it ;)
 
Basically the only difference between what you're asking for and how cleanrip already behaves is that it doesn't auto-eject the disc when done and you need to press the A button three times after inserting the next disc.
 
Basically the only difference between what you're asking for and how cleanrip already behaves is that it doesn't auto-eject the disc when done and you need to press the A button three times after inserting the next disc.
You're right, I can do that. Cheers.
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted