Automatic ripping tool

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by McHaggis, Jul 19, 2012.

1. McHaggis
    OP

McHaggis Fackin' Troller

Oct 24, 2008
    So, I'm just setting up with Devolution. I have 23 GC games that I want to rip, and I'm wondering if there's something to streamline the process, ie insert, rip, eject, (rinse &) repeat, without interrupting my regularly scheduled television viewing to check progress or set the next disc going.

Does this feature exist in any ripping programs or backup loaders? Also, can I rip with WiiFlow or do I need to use CleanRip?

2. SifJar

SifJar Not a pirate

Apr 4, 2009
    I don't think such a thing exists, but an open source ripper could probably be modified to do so. If WiiFlow rips proper 1:1 ISO images, you can use it. Otherwise, you need to use CleanRip. (I don't know for sure as I haven't tried ripping discs with WiiFlow, or CleanRip for that matter)

3. McHaggis
    OP

McHaggis Fackin' Troller

Oct 24, 2008
    Thanks for the reply.

Well, I tried a rip with WiiFlow and it didn't work, so CleanRip it is. By the time I modify an open source ripper to batch rip, given that I'm not familiar writing code for the Wii, I could have ripped all my games and someone more knowledgeable than me might have beaten me to it ;)

4. tueidj

tueidj I R Expert

Jan 8, 2009
    Basically the only difference between what you're asking for and how cleanrip already behaves is that it doesn't auto-eject the disc when done and you need to press the A button three times after inserting the next disc.

5. McHaggis
    OP

McHaggis Fackin' Troller

Oct 24, 2008
    You're right, I can do that. Cheers.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice