OP
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
Hi guys :)

I recently installed "Tomb Raider 2013" and i found myself annoyed by graphics settings in the game.​
but its's not just about this game, it's the same for every game.​
I do manage to make good ballance for FPS and visuals, but i feel that that's not what my graphic card could do..i mean im sure there are perfect settings based on my PC configuration, bud i just dont know how to ballance them right.​
I found this website and unfortunately, it's JUST for GeForce cards... i hawe ATI, more precisely, Sapphire Radeon HD 6770 1gb gddr5
Is there some software for ATI cards, like GeForece has? or something that will atleast help me optimise my pc games to run great and with great visuals based on my PC..​
Thank youuuu :D

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I recommend Razor Game Booster to free up resources, but that won't help much if your GPU is the issue here. If you want to tweak your GPU, use RivaTuner, but do so with caution - you need to know what you're doing.

LockeCole_101629

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Tomb Raider kinda set the bar too high.
you can read feedbacks almost on any forums, even with high end setup it still cripple at same point/area/movements, specially the benchmark.

since I don't like FPS ( no BF3, CoD, Cryss3 etc), the last games I try is Sleeping Dogs, NFSU Most Wanted, and ofcourse Tomb Raider. Any other games just run fine.
I like the new gameplay however it really pissing me off since the Frame rate seems inconsistent, it's spiking too much from 29-32fps to 5-9fps then went up again after few seconds, it makes me dizzy, so really unplayable for me atm.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're looking for optimal settings, look up a tweak guide or benchmark for various graphics card and the game you're wanting to play. They often have comparison charts of performance at different settings and resolutions. You can consult these charts if you don't have the time or will to go through manually and find the settings that work best.

There are no "perfect" settings, for no one can anticipate the complete performance of every machine. Even if we do predict every possible compatibility between the various hardware (GPU, CPU, RAM, etc.), there's still the OS-itself or other software that can bog down performance, that can't be taken into account, as well as hardware flaws and slight nuances.

What we can give you, and what we can only give you, are estimates of how your machine will perform. Ultimately you're going to have to take responsibility and see how your machine compares to others' performances. You'll have to decide what is an optimal setting.

PC gaming bears with it some degree of responsibility, for better and for worse.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Razor game booster you say..ok, i'l try :)

but again, how to know what will be the best game settings so it can be smooth and nice looking (ballanced) how to do it manually..some guide, i don't know...?

You can try Game Booster but it never did much for me. Worth a shot though, it can't make it any worse.

Beyond that there is probably not much you can do other than adjust the various graphics settings to get it as good looking as possible.

Post-processing is one of the things that tend to be very heavy on the GPU as well as AA and with those two turned down you might be able to have the rest of the settings on max and still have a great looking game.
I did this for a game on my old ATI Radeon HD 3200 laptop and I was able to have it pretty looking without lagging, the only thing that really suffered from lowering post processing was water, it didn't look as pretty/realistic anymore.

Performance just varies a lot from game to game depending on how well they're optimized, a lot of games are just poorly optimized so they don't run as well as you might expect, while others are very well optimized and if you get used to those expecting your graphics card to handle all games that well, you'll be disappointed.

Reactions: shakirmoledina

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
You can try Game Booster but it never did much for me. Worth a shot though, it can't make it any worse.

Beyond that there is probably not much you can do other than adjust the various graphics settings to get it as good looking as possible.

Post-processing is one of the things that tend to be very heavy on the GPU as well as AA and with those two turned down you might be able to have the rest of the settings on max and still have a great looking game.
I did this for a game on my old ATI Radeon HD 3200 laptop and I was able to have it pretty looking without lagging, the only thing that really suffered from lowering post processing was water, it didn't look as pretty/realistic anymore.

Performance just varies a lot from game to game depending on how well they're optimized, a lot of games are just poorly optimized so they don't run as well as you might expect, while others are very well optimized and if you get used to those expecting your graphics card to handle all games that well, you'll be disappointed.

Exactly what I have to say for this game

Switch off Post Processing and High Precision because the benefit is not higher than the damage/cost

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Personally, I find the "GeForce Experience" program useless. Why bother having the program automate your in-game settings when you can get much better results adjusting it yourself?
Just experiment with the settings, or look up optimal settings, and you should be fine.

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
OP
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
Personally, I find the "GeForce Experience" program useless. Why bother having the program automate your in-game settings when you can get much better results adjusting it yourself?
Just experiment with the settings, or look up optimal settings, and you should be fine.
You think? o.O​

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: