Hacking Autoboot supporting modchips

nathulal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a D2Sun v3 on a D2C NTSC USA Wii with 3.2 Firmware and auto-booting is working. I tried a Mario Party 8 dvd set to autoboot using bootme.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
my wiinja supports auto
smile.gif
nice to know can autoboot wadmanager and tp on health warning screen etc
smile.gif

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
how do i patch an image to autoboot. if anybody could answer that question i would dump one of my games update to 3.3u and would test the disc with my argon+spi (fw. 1.8) 13 wire.

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
found a tool just some seconds ago: http://landeblog.wordpress.com/wii-autoboot-creator/

anyway thx for your hint.

i dumped "star wars: force unleashed", patched it and right now i writing it onto a disc. i'll give feedback as soon as i tested it.

€dit: the disc started right after hitting the a button on the wiimote. so i assume argon spi (fw. 1.8) 13 wire installation supports autoboot.

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
actually i didn't press anything. i started my wii and my tv was still off. after i switched to the right channel the game already started. i'll try it again in just a second.

€dit: i tried it again and put the disc into the drive after the health screen showed up. right after i put the game in, it started up without pressing anything. btw i used a dvd-rw, which i normaly use to test images. burned at 2.4x with image burn.

atomikramp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
FGOD said:
edit: i think the D2pro9 has autoboot cause it can be updated by dvd... See here

the d2pro9 update disk runs in gamecube mode.
so you don't have to deal with trucha signed disks, and it doesn't require autoboot.
so afaik, d2pro doesn't have autoboot features.

i'll ask about argon btw
smile.gif
since i have an argon9 in my wii.

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
atomikramp said:
FGOD said:
edit: i think the D2pro9 has autoboot cause it can be updated by dvd... See here

the d2pro9 update disk runs in gamecube mode.
so you don't have to deal with trucha signed disks, and it doesn't require autoboot.
so afaik, d2pro doesn't have autoboot features.

i'll ask about argon btw
smile.gif
since i have an argon9 in my wii.

i know, someone on wiinewz told me, but thx anyway to clearify that for me.
smile.gif

SenorClean

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Guys,

I thought my chip didn't work with autoboot... I was using "Wii Autoboot Creator English" to make my discs auto booting.

This morning I tried Boot_Me -> http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Wii_BootMe and it worked great... even in recovery mode.

Those of you who have only used the GUI autoboot app, try out the command line one.

I guess this means you can change Wasabi to a 'supports' chip - and maybe the idea that the chip has nothing to do with it is plausible.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
SenorClean said:
Hi Guys,

I thought my chip didn't work with autoboot... I was using "Wii Autoboot Creator English" to make my discs auto booting.

This morning I tried Boot_Me -> http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Wii_BootMe and it worked great... even in recovery mode.

Those of you who have only used the GUI autoboot app, try out the command line one.

I guess this means you can change Wasabi to a 'supports' chip - and maybe the idea that the chip has nothing to do with it is plausible.

well actually both software should work since they are very simple, they are just replacing the first byte of the iso,the disc, to ascii zero...

as I previously wrote, there was this possibility that it well may not be a case with the autoboot support in the chip and rather be a symptom of some brick... after my tests of yesterday... it's probably like this way...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...