Hacking Autoboot disc without modchip?

computerboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Hi,
Is it possible to launch an autoboot disc of Wad Manager with Starfall but with no modchip?

Thanks in advance
c0mputeRb0y

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
One answer NO, its a trucha signed disc effect wad manager, you need an autobootable modchip
smile.gif

Also WadMnager is a 5mb ISO, allot of burning programs have issues, and cannot complete, sometimes crashes at 99%, mine did, but still works
smile.gif

Used it to install Homebrew for my idiot brother who was on 3.1E lol, had to upgrade him to 3.3, then back to 3.2E.
I have it on disc, along with TP autoboot,
QUOTE said:
Nice to know you can rely on these autobooting when inserting game when at health warning screen.

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
With no modchip, your best solution would be to autoboot an original Twilight Princess disc.

Then with the Twilight Hack, run Wad Manager.

But depending on how soft modding goes, we may be able to autoboot trucha signed discs if the soft mod can be enabled directly from the disc channel.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Or when bootmii is released, we can boot straight into homebrew channel (or possibly another file from sd such as wad manager).

ten u could boot your homebrew, or boot your disk with backup loader.

hehehe

looking forward to bootmii!

Keylogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
You can use Starfall and activate the "Start rescue-menu when Y is held on 1st GC controller" option.

Then, when your console is starting, press Y on the 1st GC controller and your game will autoboot.

DoctorBagPhD

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Keylogger said:
You can use Starfall and activate the "Start rescue-menu when Y is held on 1st GC controller" option.

Then, when your console is starting, press Y on the 1st GC controller and your game will autoboot.
Sadly it won't, as it still requires a chip, however that'd work with any legitimate game.

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OSW said:
Or when bootmii is released, we can boot straight into homebrew channel (or possibly another file from sd such as wad manager).

ten u could boot your homebrew, or boot your disk with backup loader.

hehehe

looking forward to bootmii!

What if they find a way to launch backups directly from the disc channel. Would we still be able to launch discs from the Homebrew Channel?

Or from there, could we autoboot trucha signed discs via starfall?

(lol im doubting my earlier post)

SenorClean

Trophies
XP
Country
So long as you have the twilight hack savegame on your wii, you could use savemii to autoboot a real copy of zelda - which would allow you to run wad manager off an SD card.

I mean, you'd have to buy savemii and have the savegame already there, but it's possible.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tichinde925 said:
With no modchip, your best solution would be to autoboot an original Twilight Princess disc.

that is what I would suggest, but that requires 3.2 and Starfall and TP-hack, so hopefully you have all those already installed

QUOTE(SenorClean @ Oct 20 2008, 09:00 AM) So long as you have the twilight hack savegame on your wii, you could use savemii to autoboot a real copy of zelda - which would allow you to run wad manager off an SD card.

I mean, you'd have to buy savemii and have the savegame already there, but it's possible.

wrong, SaveMii doesn't allow you to autoboot a retail copy of Zelda, Starfall does, SaveMii will install an update from a retail disc, but it will only run code from autoboot discs. thats the advantage starfall has. the disadvantage = it has to already be installed

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:

But depending on how soft modding goes, we may be able to autoboot trucha signed discs if the soft mod can be enabled directly from the disc channel.

was thinking the same thing...sage advice
wink.gif
i had a ordeal where i wasnt semibricked but i had a messed up IOS because i hadnt uninstalled my previous one fully before installing my new one.

( basicly you know this has happened when you can run your homebrew channel but everything you try to launch boots only to a black screen and then shuts down your wiimote any other home made channels will also only boot to a black screen when this has happen I HAVE SAW SOME CALL THIS A SEMI BRICK but i dont think thats what i had because after running anytitledeleter and installing the files proper it works again np
wink.gif
)

..had to boot ANYTITLEDELETER from my SD card using the twilight hack...uninstall the CIOS files and reboot...Then start over from scratch installing the HBC and my other goodies when all was said and done i made it back to par my Cios_fix works now and my 0.2 backup loader channel loads up and runs proper again....but it was thanks to the twilight hack/Anytitledeleter i was able to identify bad or unwanted in my case titles including IOS249,Cios5,Cios_fix delete them and restore my wii and fix my IOS files ( by installing only CIOS5 and Ciosfix with wad manager) so that my wii would work again!
smile.gif

Davneta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Witch autobootable modchip can I buy? Does DriveKey Works? If I have a Fully bricked wii by a bad theme and no priiloader or nand packup does it works? (my wii is 4.3 version)

Davneta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
suppose its a shame if youre unwilling to pay for a modchip, that supports autoboot*
Youre better of buying an autobootable modchip safer in the long run and lets face it*
Much more reliable..

Witch autobootable modchip can I buy? Does DriveKey Works? If I have a Fully bricked wii by a bad theme and no priiloader or nand packup does it works? (my wii is 4.3 version

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work