Auto rcm onn risks

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by gaicz5, Aug 7, 2018.

1. gaicz5
    OP

gaicz5 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2018
    Brazil
    Hi guys ! i'am using an 1.4 SX OS cfw and i use Auto rcm feature, and i would like to know why this feature is so dangerous?

should i turn off this feature?

I only use SX OS cfw for NSP and XCI so i don't know what kind of usage of the cfw make auto rcm dangerous.

2. Milenko
    This message by Milenko has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Aug 7, 2018, Reason: Offtopic.
    Aug 7, 2018
  3. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Guru

May 6, 2006
    United States
    It's not really dangerous if you understand it. It's not for everybody. If you don't know what you're doing you might run your battery dead and report a "brick" (even though you're not actually bricked).

Also it requires you to run a payload on every boot. This isn't an optimal config for me because I have several legit games that my family likes to play and I work a lot and they dont know how to launch a payload.

Last edited by Kafluke, Aug 7, 2018
  4. Ashura66
    This message by Ashura66 has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Aug 7, 2018, Reason: No need for this.
    Aug 7, 2018
  5. Kafluke
    This message by Kafluke has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Aug 7, 2018, Reason: Reply to deleted post.
    Aug 7, 2018
  6. Ashura66
    This message by Ashura66 has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Aug 7, 2018, Reason: Reply to deleted post.
    Aug 7, 2018
  7. RHOPKINS13

RHOPKINS13 Geek

Jan 31, 2009
    United States
    Auto RCM is great for people who don't own a jig and don't want to damage their pins by jamming random metal objects into their joycon rail. But from what I've heard the jig that's bundled with the SX Pro is pretty good, so it's just a matter of whether or not you want to have to use it to launch payloads.

8. LightOffPro

LightOffPro ユキオクン

Jun 10, 2016
    Portugal
    In Papa Rei's closet.
  9. Ashura66

Ashura66 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 1, 2016
    Portugal
    Under my bed
    You still need a jig to activate AutoRCM the first time though

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Ummmm that leads to an error page

To end this topic once and for all, if you have questions, instead of making a new thread ask your questions here https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-noob-paradise-ask-questions-here.488277/ this is what his topic is for

Last edited by Ashura66, Aug 7, 2018
  10. Kafluke
    This message by Kafluke has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Aug 7, 2018, Reason: Offtopic.
    Aug 7, 2018
  11. Milenko
    This message by Milenko has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Aug 7, 2018, Reason: Offtopic.
    Aug 7, 2018
  12. MattKimura

MattKimura 3DS & WiiU Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2014
    United States
    I use autorcm to avoid ever using a jig. And now that we can install system updates manually without having it remove autorcm, we'll never need to use a jig ever again.

13. gaicz5
    OP

gaicz5 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2018
    Brazil
    Yeah ! I'am asking because i didn't bought a jig , i did one with paperclip.

So if i lost my homemade jig i know that i can have troubles until i make a new one or buy on internet a new one 3d printed.

So i just use the TX Sx OS payload i think its ok to let Auto rcm onn and update manually !

Thanks guys !