Hacking Auto Injectuwad Injector v1

sigma.nl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hemanthegreat said:
I get run time error 75 at the end of this (something about file access). it does finish however. awesome job guys!

I took a picture to illustrate the error
happy.gif

2nsufkh.jpg

Vigilante 8 inside S & P = locked at need classic controller. I'm going to keep trying though.

Got this error the first time I used the Autoinject tool I fixed it by running the program from a directory in the root of my c-drive

example:

c:\testdir\autoinject\Auto Injectuwad Injector v1.exe --> causes error 75

c:\autoinject\Auto Injectuwad Injector v1.exe --> error was gone.

grtz
Sigma

retroguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
callmebob said:

What´s even wierder is I just tried putting Aladdin into DKC2, using the exact same procedure (just in SNES mode), and got a .wad that was only 6KB!!
wacko.gif

I have the exact same problem .... on my PC, but not on my laptop. I don't know why, but I cannot make a single working wad when I make them on my PC, but almost all SNES wads (and the few known to work N64 injections) which I make on my laptop are OK. So, I just use my laptop.
rolleyes.gif

omegakyogre

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
:\ Yep, it's confirmed that even having the absolutely correct common-key.bin file doesn't fix the -4100 error. I just hope the error can be fixed without messing around with Hex; I'll do it if I have to, but frankly I don't really trust myself and this dusty old hex editor wroking together too well
tongue.gif

I tried a PAL (pre-injected) Smash Bros patched using freethewads, and I get a 1022 (Crap, I don't remember the exact code... I think it was 1022 though) error upon installation.

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
Can you make it that it detects *.fig and *.swc files for the SNES mode

Also please make it that it doesn't remove the original host rom

Thanks

Great Program
smile.gif

Nightstalker

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Fission said:

Thanks

Great Program
smile.gif
Will add.

It shouldn't be deleting the host rom at all!

Is it doing that for you? because I never coded it to delete any roms.

Nightstalker

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Fission said:
Well it changes the file to Filename in title(host-rom).wad - which basically means it overwrites the original
Thought you were actually talking about the rom file. Yeah it changes the title.wad file. Just wanted to keep things clean and deleted that didn't need to be there, since noobs always find ways to screw it up.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Nightstalker said:
Fission said:

Thanks

Great Program
smile.gif
Will add.

Don't forget .sfc (Super Famicom Copier)
Offline list renames most to SFC

supo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've noticed the following...

cannot open common-key: No such file or directory
copy "DKC2.000.des" 00000000.app /Y 1 file(s) copied.
etc...

I have the common-key.bin in the same dir as the rest of the files. I've also tried renaming it to common-key without an extension.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
callmebob said:
Thanks for the advice about the .ini, But my results for Bomberman64 in Pokemon Snap were the same.

What´s even wierder is I just tried putting Aladdin into DKC2, using the exact same procedure (just in SNES mode), and got a .wad that was only 6KB!!
wacko.gif

Do the Host wads have to have a specific name, or can I name them whatever I choose?

Might try some others out here. I´m a PAL user. Any suggestions for what games to use.

I think I´ve only got NTSC SNES roms, but I do have PAL N64 Roms.

(edit)Won´t the program crash at the very beginning if your .bin is wrong!

if not I´ll be sending you a PM

This only happens with SNES games!
Same here, seems the wadpacker expects xx00000.app instead of 0000001.app etc... files
When all manually done you can see it, this tool renames all to 00001, 00002, 000003, while the wadpacker expects other files

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
Nightstalker said:
Fission said:

Thanks

Great Program
smile.gif
Will add.

It doesn't delete the roms, but it does seem to rename them. It takes out any spaces that were in the name.

hemanthegreat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sigma.nl said:
hemanthegreat said:
I get run time error 75 at the end of this (something about file access). it does finish however. awesome job guys!

I took a picture to illustrate the error
happy.gif

2nsufkh.jpg

Vigilante 8 inside S & P = locked at need classic controller. I'm going to keep trying though.

Got this error the first time I used the Autoinject tool I fixed it by running the program from a directory in the root of my c-drive

example:

c:\testdir\autoinject\Auto Injectuwad Injector v1.exe --> causes error 75

c:\autoinject\Auto Injectuwad Injector v1.exe --> error was gone.

grtz
Sigma

I'm in C:/AutoInjectuwadInjectorv1/Auto Injectuwad Injector v1.exe and I'm still getting that everytime.
So far i've only tried in 1080 and SnP, both freeze at "need classic controller" screen(does this even work with the classic, do I need a gamecube lol??). I never get any ticket errors when installing btw, just the freezing upon use. More effort will be had now that the sun is up!!!

Nightstalker

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
spiritofcat said:
It doesn't delete the roms, but it does seem to rename them. It takes out any spaces that were in the name.
I know I did RomSelected = Replace(RomSelected, " ", "") to get rid of the spaces because Injectuwad wouldn't work with spaces.

QUOTE(hemanthegreat @ May 2 2008, 07:41 PM) I'm in C:/AutoInjectuwadInjectorv1/Auto Injectuwad Injector v1.exe and I'm still getting that everytime.
So far i've only tried in 1080 and SnP, both freeze at "need classic controller" screen(does this even work with the classic, do I need a gamecube lol??). I never get any ticket errors when installing btw, just the freezing upon use. More effort will be had now that the sun is up!!!
You did everything right! Congradulations!

It's just that the rom you injected into those wads, don't work fully.

Check the Virtual Console injections wiki list: http://wiihack.drewblaisdell.com/index.php...sole_injections

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok it's plain to see from the injection list that using Donkey Kong Country 2 has the highest chances of success even if the romsize is 32 megabit and injected rom is smaller.

What I'm trying to understand is why if using a larger size host rom as your planned injection rom, does the result produce the same results as using a same size host rom.

ie.
Tried Bahamut Lagoon with DKC2 - fails
Tried Bahamut Lagoon with Super Metroid same size as BL - fails with exactly the same symptoms as DKC2

Also why do some work and others don't?
What are the differences in the roms (aside from a special chip which is obvious) that are of the same size yet fail to run?
ie. Secret of Mana 3 32mb - Theoretically should work on DKC2.

Or am I missing something?

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
always stuck at need classic controller screen

maybe games only work if the host wad has the same control scheme as the roms?

creffca

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fission said:
Ok it's plain to see from the injection list that using Donkey Kong Country 2 has the highest chances of success even if the romsize is 32 megabit and injected rom is smaller.

What I'm trying to understand is why if using a larger size host rom as your planned injection rom, does the result produce the same results as using a same size host rom.

ie.
Tried Bahamut Lagoon with DKC2 - fails
Tried Bahamut Lagoon with Super Metroid same size as BL - fails with exactly the same symptoms as DKC2

Also why do some work and others don't?
What are the differences in the roms (aside from a special chip which is obvious) that are of the same size yet fail to run?
ie. Secret of Mana 3 32mb - Theoretically should work on DKC2.

Or am I missing something?

Yay, technical questions! The wads are the same size because we're placing the smaller ROM over the larger ROM in the .app file (essentially), so there will be some of the larger ROM hanging off the end of the smaller ROM. Let's say we had the sentence, "Wii hacking is fun" and wanted to inject the phrase "DS ROM" into it. The result would be "DS ROMacking is fun". See how there is "left over" from the original sentence? Exact same way with the wads.

The reason why some games fail is because the size really has nothing to do with compatibility, its the way the ROM executes its code. Some games do fancy things with the SNES/N64/etc... memory or CPU that the VC emulator just doesn't know how to handle. Hope this helps a little.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I agree Tears is great. I even played thru it completely twice. I've been hooked on playing thru...