Hacking *~Auto Injectuwad Injector~* -kept updated-

RahanAkero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
celebi23 said:
sjeps said:
did anyone get eartbound 0 (mother 1) successfuly injected?

i tried several roms but almost everyone played only sound with no video.

anyone succeded?

is there a enough good rom?

I'm also interested in getting EarthBound Zero to work? Anyone has any luck with this? Also has anyone had luck injecting Pulseman into Sonic 3?

Earthbound works just fine -- inject it into Kirby's Adventure. I might add that I've been playing the non-hacked version -- the title screen ought to read "Earthbound" and nothing else. As far as I can tell, the copy-protection issue that hamstrung most people trying to play the game was an emulator issue, and most modern emulators (i.e. the wii's) don't choke that hard.

Also, awhile back, someone was talking about injecting TG16 games -- I've done a little bit of it with mixed success, and I've been adding to the Turbo compatibility list linked on page 21. Have you tried injecting into a larger ROM, like... Bonk 3? I haven't done it myself yet, but I'm eyeing it.

TaxiTitan

Trophies
XP
Country
Hasney said:
TaxiTitan said:
Hope they make a vista compatible version.
I only get error 4100 when I try to install.
Haven't installed XP SP3 cause this is the only reason to do it, but maybe its worth it.
My Vista can emulate a XP SP2 but not SP3.

I'm running Vista Ultimate now and everythings working fine....

Im running windows vista premium and also tried emulating as SP1 & SP2.
I guy said he got it to work with XP SP3.
Is is possible to emulate SP3 with Vista Ultimate?

So maybe I have to get Ultimate to prevent error 4100.
This common issue is wierd.

RPGlover

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hi
i can't inject any game into dkc2 pal. i always get ERROR: Could not find 00000007.app file
i tried 7th Saga, The (U) [!], Secret of Mana (G) (which has been confirmed working), Treasure Hunter G (J) [T+EngPostBeta_MetalHawk]. if i use dkc2 ntsc, injection is working, but after wad install the game hangs with black screen even before the classic controller screen. i also noticed that there is no change in the hex code, with every game:
Old MD5 sum: d8dd93c0d2951a3fe348be16a900b029
Recalculating MD5 sum... OK
New MD5 sum: d8dd93c0d2951a3fe348be16a900b029

any idea whats wrong?

Hasney

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
RPGlover said:
hi
i can't inject any game into dkc2 pal. i always get ERROR: Could not find 00000007.app file
i tried 7th Saga, The (U) [!], Secret of Mana (G) (which has been confirmed working), Treasure Hunter G (J) [T+EngPostBeta_MetalHawk]. if i use dkc2 ntsc, injection is working, but after wad install the game hangs with black screen even before the classic controller screen. i also noticed that there is no change in the hex code, with every game:

any idea whats wrong?

Hmmm, this is odd.

When I've ran either Bomberman '93 or Splatterhouse as the original WAD in TG-16 mode, it's come up *.pce found, do you want to replace (Y/N)?. Hit yes and everything works hunky dory.

Now, I have Bonk 3, it can't find the ROM in that one. Just to make sure, I tried Gradius2 (a CD game) and it found the HU-CARD file that boots CDs (syscard3p.pce) in there even.

I wonder whats going on with Bonk 3...

Arakon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
has anyone figured out how to enforce savegame support with genesis injections? Sonic 3D is finally a game large enough to inject Phantasy Star IV, but it has no save support.

Hasney

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't believe so. Hopefully, someone figures it out because I've got the same problem with Sonic 3 + Knuckles. Either that or a VC game comes out thats the same size and has SRAM saving
smile.gif

Arakon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hasney said:
I don't believe so. Hopefully, someone figures it out because I've got the same problem with Sonic 3 + Knuckles. Either that or a VC game comes out thats the same size and has SRAM saving
smile.gif

there's several that have the same basic rom size, but compressed are larger.. i.e. story of thor PAL is 3 MB + sram, but you can't inject much into it cause the compressed rom is smaller than most large games like that.
the other problem is that there simply aren't many 24 mbit games with sram.

Hasney

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah, on the surface of it, the 24mbit games with SRam are Sonic 3 & Knuckles, PS4, NBA Hangtime, NFL Quarterback Club 96 and Toughman Contest (at least I think it has SRam).

Only PS4 and S3&K even have a chance of being released as well...

RPGlover

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
RPGlover said:
hi

any idea whats wrong?

strange. i formatted my pc, re-installed win xp prof with sp3 and now everything works fine. thanks anyway

Arakon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
there's an issue with most of the wad packers on certain windows installs. it's gotta be some module/update/program that is interfering.. another PC or even the same PC with a different install of the same OS often works fine.

RPGlover

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
does someone succed injecting Final Fantasy (NES) into a wad? i tried with metroid (ntsc) kirbys adventure(pal & ntsc) and the legend of zelda (pal). it alwas hangs after trying to start it

73ARM3

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Has anyone from PAL region succesfully injected pilotwings into sin and punishment?

If so....could you answer a question for me...what size did your injected wad come out at?

I cant use the auto inject, as I get the 4100 error, so have done it the manual way with hex editing, but I seem to
get a wad that is 45.6mb in size, rather than 45.4mb (original wad size). It seems to be the 000100014e414641.trailer
file that is 2KB bigger than it should be when unpacking the wad with bfgr_wadtools.

Im just curious as to know what size it should be before I try install it, as Im unsure of what will happen if I try
to install it, with it being .2mb bigger than the S&P wad.

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Okay, I'm not as technically minded as some of you appear to be, so is there any simple way of explaining what games just won't work and why?
I sooo want to play Perfect Dark, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Banjo Kazooie, Banjo Tooie, Pokemon Stadium, Pokemon Stadium 2, Pilotwings, Majora's Mask and Earthbound. But I'm under the impression they don't work, how come?

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then I suggest getting a V64 Jr. 512 MB, Trolly. They won't be running anytime soon on a Wii. Banjo Tooie and Conker are both too big to inject being 512 MB (Paper Mario is the largest N64 game released for VC at 320 MB). Most others will not work because the full functionality of the N64 is not being emulated by the VC releases they're being injected into. They're only emulating what the game needs in order to run. Much like UltraHLE was made specifically to run Zelda: OoT, but these are far less compatible with other games than that was.

If you can't find a V64 Jr. retailer in HK (I got mine from Lik-Sang, and we all know what happened to them, good thing I knew someone in Europe I could have it sent to because they flat out refused to ship that the US, there's an export ban and apparently they check), then I suggest you pick up a used Xbox, softmod it, and install the newest N64 emu on it (I hear the new one runs just about everything, haven't tried it yet).

Hazz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For anyone who may care about some NES titles...

Tecmo Super Bowl in SMB 3 works
Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers in Kirby's Adventure Works
Solstice in SMB3 does not work
Going to try Bart vs. Space Mutants and Wrath of the Black Manta later

Willing to try others by request.

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally, the only NES injects I really care for are Akumajo Densetsu translated (the good Castlevania III) and Crystalis. They're the only games I'm aware of that don't work with the NES Powerpak (that I care to play). The emu channels and homebrew channel emus seem to be a better solution for NES, SNES, and Genesis at the moment. It's TG16 and Neo Geo I'm mainly concerned with injecting now because they still don't have Mednafen and FBA/Kawaks/Nebula (Hugo is not a good option for TG16, and I doubt MAME's going to be good for Neo Geo either, it wasn't on the Xbox).

Just got a new HDD so I'll be installing Windows 2003, XP SP2, and the new Kubuntu on that. Hopefully 2003 or the fresh XP install will work, if not, I'll grab experience's Tiny XP with SP3 and try that.

Hasney

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

73ARM3

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just finally injected pilotwings into S&P, the problem was the .trailer file, for some reason my pc would unpack the wad with
a .trailer file at 241KB, I then unpacked the same wad with same tools on my sons laptop and it unpacked the wad at the
size it should be, 239KB.

I then transfered the files to my pc and repacked them (with the 239KB file) and it came out at 45.6mb, I then packed the
same files on the laptop, and it came out at 45.4mb.

My pc = AMD processor xp home-service pack 2
Laptop = Intel processor xp home -service pack 2

Probably wrong thread, as I did it manually...but the auto inject obviously must suffer the same problem...great tool to..
at least I know to run it on the laptop in future.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: I thought it was duck season, not... king kong season....