thehritzinator

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to make a disc that, upon insertion into the wii, will automatically add homebrew channel, DVDx, and Bootmii, all in the background or without user input (no clicking which to install)?

I have been hacking my friends wiis lately and a few of my friends asked about this and I said I didnt know so I figured this was the best place to look.

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thehritzinator said:
Is it possible to make a disc that, upon insertion into the wii, will automatically add homebrew channel, DVDx, and Bootmii, all in the background or without user input (no clicking which to install)?

I have been hacking my friends wiis lately and a few of my friends asked about this and I said I didnt know so I figured this was the best place to look.
considering the Wii wouldn't be able to read that disc without the apps you're installing... I'm gunna have to go with no.
the hackmii installer couldn't possibly get any easier. If someone can't handle that, they have no business with a modded wii.

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thehritzinator said:
could u put the autohacker onto a memory card? Like hackmii, but without clicking to install each one
I suppose you could.... but as far as I know the hackmii installer isn't open source? if not you'd have to program it from scratch just to save a few key presses.

edit: just checked

from hackmii installer site:
All rights reserved. You may not sell or redistribute this software.

so pretty much you get it from hackmii and thats that.

thehritzinator

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ok, well thanx for ur help
yaywii.gif

Parablank

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
harmor said:
Isn't this what SciiFii (I may have gotten the name wrong) does?
Yes, but it doesn't install BootMii.

SciiFii is a utility created by the Wiigen Team, a group of coders and testers listed on the site. It can easily hack the Wii by downloading and installing everything that is needed without the user having to perform manipulations.

Here's what the utility can do:

* Update to firmware 4.2
* Restoring Fault trucha
* Waninkoko Install cIOS 17b rev and rev 19 Waninkoko
* Install cMIOS of Wiigator
* Install Darkcorp
* Install Priiloader
* Install the USB chain Loader GX or Wiiflow
* Remove all traces of hack on your Wii

dmonkey21

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
harmor said:
Yup. Of course it doesn't work on 4.3, but ya SciiFii last time I checked was exactly what he's looking for. Its a simple installer that restores Trucha, installs Wininkoko's cIOS, installs DARKCORP, and installs USB Loader as a channel. Honestly though, whoever posted above me is right... If you can't figure out how to mod your Wii with the HackMii installer, you shouldn't be doing it at all.

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
harmor said:
I believe scifii needs homebrew channel to already be installed, its just an all in one updater/cios installer and such. definitely looks nice, but still have to install hackmii first.
Essentially this does everything BUT what you're trying to do XD

Parablank

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bwillb said:
harmor said:
I believe scifii needs homebrew channel to already be installed, its just an all in one updater/cios installer and such. definitely looks nice, but still have to install hackmii first
No, you just need an homebrew loader (Smash Stack, Indiana Pwns, BannerBomb, Twilight Hack, and of course The Homebrew Channel.)

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Parablank said:
bwillb said:
harmor said:
I believe scifii needs homebrew channel to already be installed, its just an all in one updater/cios installer and such. definitely looks nice, but still have to install hackmii first
No, you just need an homebrew loader (Smash Stack, Indiana Pwns, BannerBomb, Twilight Hack, and of course The Homebrew Channel.)
ah thats right. But then the OP was asking for "automatically add homebrew channel, DVDx, and Bootmii" none of which are on that list of what sciifii installs...

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sciifii can be configured to install Bootmii as IOS, DVDX, and older versions of HBC (1.0.3 will do IIRC).

The first time you open HBC, it will ask you to download hackmii installer to update, at which time you can update HBC and install bootmii/boot2.

Don't ask for instructions though. I will not provide them.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bwillb said:
ah thats right. But then the OP was asking for "automatically add homebrew channel, DVDx, and Bootmii" none of which are on that list of what sciifii installs...
but his own Wii is already hacked... He can make wads of those and use sciifii to do what he wants then, right?

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thehritzinator said:
Does SciiFii require internet? cuz most of my friends do not hav internet =/
the french sciifii site says it uses wifi but comes with an offline installer where you can put the needed files on the sd

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: LOL