Hardware Auto brightness

da1e85

OP
Trophies
XP
Is any one else's auto brightness not working if I turn it on it slightly dims the screen but on changing light sources it doesn't adjust

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It changes but it does it slowly, I thought mine was not working too the first couple day and was ready to exchange at the end of the month.

Besides I think auto brightness uses PWM which causes flickers at a very high refresh rate not viable to human eye but causes fatigue to the eye over extended use and the gamma changes too much.

I now just turn it off and set the brightness to my liking depending on the lighting conditions, it's easy enough with the touchscreen and fast menus.

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you adjust the brightness slider while auto brightness is turned on it will remember the level you prefer in that type of lighting condition and adjust it accordingly.

Source: I got nothing...

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I found out how auto brightness works finally...

So what you want to do is go into the brightness lit room in your home and turn on auto brightness and adjust the brightness with it on to you liking.

With that setting, auto brightness then lowers the brightness according to your lighting conditions usually lower lighting (since you've already calibrated auto brightness for the brightest room in you home) to keep the brightness as close as possible to what you've set (under the highest lighting conditions) thus you'll the brightness will always seem the same under any lighting conditions.

If you move back to a highly lit room auto brightness will then kick into the maximum already set by you for those lighting conditions and nothing over that.

At first I calibrated auto brightness under very low lighting conditions and was not satisfied with the results during the daytime when it was very bright and cause lots of eye strains but now that I have set the maximum brightness with auto brightness on correctly everything seems a lot better.

Reactions: da1e85

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.