Autism

Hungry Friend

It was my destiny to be here; in the box.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I do not have any form of autism myself, my only advice to people(as someone who's been incorrectly labeled by incompetent shrinks before) is to not let the labels get into your head and drag you down. I know I will never truly understand the spectrum because to really understand something you must experience it, but I can try to empathize and I'm a pretty weird guy otherwise but like others have said, nothing's really been pinned down. I've got some serious anger and anxiety issues at times and I'm just a general eccentric, or at least that's the closest term I can think of that accurately describes me without putting myself into a silly little box.

Basically, don't let diagnoses/labels fuck with you although I'm sure that's easier said than done. I genuinely believed that dumbass shrink for a while before I really research Autism myself and realized I was misdiagnosed, and it did fuck with me and get into my head for a number of years. People are individuals, not dumbass fucking labels for shrinks to use as guinea pigs, and the social sciences are hardly exact anyway; much of it is guess work and very bad guess work at that. Having confidence in yourself is infinitely more important than what some quack diagnoses you with, and if you don't absolutely NEED medication, avoid it because it's often dangerous and addictive. Drugs should be a last resort, and I speak from experience.

ErikH526

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm Autistic I do have Asperger's Syndrome it's good and bad at the same time and I was also in special needs classes too but no shame in it. I'm pretty antisocial I only have a few friends but I'm cool with it. It's a struggle when something bothers me it's stuck in my head for awhile and I can't seem to let things go. For an example there was a fire in my neighborhood a few weeks ago and it still kinda bothers me but not as bad when it happened I was pretty traumatized. Loss of sleep, nightmares, etc. so it is a Gift and a Curse but my Friends & Family do help me along the way. Oh yeah for those who say Autism & Special Needs they're both different not the same!

Last edited by ErikH526,
Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

-snip-
It's a struggle when something bothers me it's stuck in my head for awhile and I can't seem to let things go. For an example there was a fire in my neighborhood a few weeks ago and it still kinda bothers me but not as bad when it happened I was pretty traumatized.
-another snip-
I tend to overthink things a lot too. Especially small stupid things that I did a few years ago.
One good example is how Tumblr and a bunch of the shit on it almost turned me into a borderline Social Justice Warrior. I mean, I ended up realizing that was happening, and managed to stop it, but I can't stop thinking about it and how I could have avoided that by not touching Tumblr, or by using it a lot less.
I don't even know why I think about it so much. It's in the past, I should just forget.

ErikH526

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tend to overthink things a lot too. Especially small stupid things that I did a few years ago.
One good example is how Tumblr and a bunch of the shit on it almost turned me into a borderline Social Justice Warrior. I mean, I ended up realizing that was happening, and managed to stop it, but I can't stop thinking about it and how I could have avoided that by not touching Tumblr, or by using it a lot less.
I don't even know why I think about it so much. It's in the past, I should just forget.
I do eventually forget about it. Does take alot of time I'm trying to get over my horrible father who emotionally hurts me and it does hurt alot. I haven't talked to him since January and I don't want to speak to him ever again he crossed a really bad line.

gameshark

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
my thing is that i'm cruising the way no one else can follow in a drift that everyone wants to enjoy without getting a collision.

i mean making things that aren't logical and turns out to be fantastic for the few.

i know that this doesn't make sence but that is how i make cheats.

so i'm autistic... aren't you either?

see my vid for what i mean ....

Last edited by gameshark,

bannana2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Autism and Asperger's are def. over diagnosed. There are lots of people that can fake symptoms. Lots of people that don't know how to deal, and lots of bullies. So, if you have it then you are better off just thinking of yourself as normal. Asperger's is not a big deal, but lots of people with it get stressed and turn to drugs. So, beware.

D

Deleted User

Autism and Asperger's are def. over diagnosed. There are lots of people that can fake symptoms. Lots of people that don't know how to deal, and lots of bullies. So, if you have it then you are better off just thinking of yourself as normal. Asperger's is not a big deal, but lots of people with it get stressed and turn to drugs. So, beware.
I feel like one big reason as to why it's over diagnosed might be because it's misdiagnosed.
Either like you said, people faking symptoms, or people having something else similar to Autism and Asperger's and it being misdiagnosed as one of those.

Reactions: bannana2

tesnos6921

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The thing is, only now that I've started to observe it, that I realized how this screws me up, I can't talk to strangers and I can't make any new friends, the only way I can make friends is if I'm introduced to someone, I can't go up to them and say hi ( It also works if they start talking to me, although I'll be a bit awkward at first but get used to it in some minutes of talking ).
^
This. I have no problems mentally, but I only have 2 friends that understand me at all, and both of them someone introduced them to me. All my life people tended to forget me except for my 1 or 2 best friends at that time, and the fact that I got the best grades in the class. Now that I'm in 8th grade and have seen all the reasons why the school system(and the world) is flawed, I'm really not motivated to get good grades anymore except getting my parents approval, so I just barely exist in people minds besides the times when I am embarrassed in front of the class by the teachers.

Social_Outlaw

G.B.A.T.e.m.p T.e.m.p.l.a.r K.n.i.g.h.t
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if I qualify, but I didn't really start talking until I was 4 or 5, and I was always quiet when I was younger. As I got older I was in different dimensions when it came to talking but it wasn't really noticeable to anyone I knew, they probably thought I was crazy. In addition I hated being bother by people for some odd reason, I just stayed to myself. I was constantly in and out with my verbal skills, when I was younger, but as I got older (Teenage years) everything's been pretty fine. I probably might of had slight autism when I was younger, but it's all gone I believe lol.

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I'm not sure if I qualify, but I didn't really start talking until I was 4 or 5, and I was always quiet when I was younger. As I got older I was in different dimensions when it came to talking but it wasn't really noticeable to anyone I knew, they probably thought I was crazy. In addition I hated being bother by people for some odd reason, I just stayed to myself. I was constantly in and out with my verbal skills, when I was younger, but as I got older (Teenage years) everything's been pretty fine. I probably might of had slight autism when I was younger, but it's all gone I believe lol.
You can review past posts and see people are talking about all types of illnesses, diseases, handicaps. etc. I don't think the owner of the thread really cares if we mention other problems so long as they are still related to defects and other issues. With your case, I was kinda the same way growing up. I hated the general public. Being in a crowed placed fills me up with anxiety. I almost had a heart attack in a school one day because someone scared me. I pasted out on the ground and that whole situation developed my IED. I don't go outside anymore unless I really need to.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Mentally... more things are wrong with me then physically ;_;

Anyway, PDD-NOS here.
Most other things are social phobias, distrust in people, people shy etc are inflicted due to past experiences.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: