Homebrew Audio issues using .CHD files in RetroArch

restart_point

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm trying to play PC Engine CD-ROM games in .CHD file format. I have the latest RetroRoarch (1.7.5) and Beetle PCE Fast core installed on my Wii and I can play bin/cue image games fine with no issues, but with .CHD (compressed) images the game plays OK but CD audio doesn't work and makes some awful noise instead. I was just wondering if this is to be expected in the Wii, as in general .CHD files should be supported fine by the PCE Fast core in RetroArch.
Thanks

Last edited by restart_point,

Gabberhead

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
the post is old, but i have the same problem on my wii u. chd compressed files are working with Genesis Plus GX standalone on vwii. but chd files for turbografx cd over retroarch 1.8.4 mednafen_pce_fast also have the crackling sound. testet on rtype and castlevania. cue with bin/iso are working.

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Hi, I'm trying to play PC Engine CD-ROM games in .CHD file format. I have the latest RetroRoarch (1.7.5) and Beetle PCE Fast core installed on my Wii and I can play bin/cue image games fine with no issues, but with .CHD (compressed) images the game plays OK but CD audio doesn't work and makes some awful noise instead. I was just wondering if this is to be expected in the Wii, as in general .CHD files should be supported fine by the PCE Fast core in RetroArch.
Thanks
the post is old, but i have the same problem on my wii u. chd compressed files are working with Genesis Plus GX standalone on vwii. but chd files for turbografx cd over retroarch 1.8.4 mednafen_pce_fast also have the crackling sound. testet on rtype and castlevania. cue with bin/iso are working.
Hi, sorry for necrobumping this thread but maybe I found a solution for that. Try using RA-HEXAECO (a mod of RetroArch Wii by @SuperrSonic, I recommend using the core beetle_pce_fast.dol instead of the WiiMednafen one.

Here's the link provided from @SuperrSonic:

Let me know if this works.

@SaulFabre

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over