Atmosphère's reboot to payload function gets improved

37918415.png

If you've been keeping up with Atmosphère's development then you probably know its latest stable version has introduced a feature to reboot from Atmosphère into a RCM payload without using a payload injector. You might also remember that the same feature only worked if the console encountered a fatal error or if it was triggered by a homebrew application, as rebooting via the power menu would still send you to either your OFW or RCM depending if you had AutoRCM enabled or not.

Well, @SciresM had already said back then that this behavior could be changed in the future and it's indeed now possible to do so!
This new feature is also customizable: you can choose whether to reboot to your own payload, RCM or leave the power menu's reboot function untouched. It should be stressed that the console will not autoboot into CFW after it gets shut down and, of course, you can only make use of this function if you're already running Atmosphère. So like last time, while it's nice that the need to keep a RCM injector with you at all times gets smaller with each commit, you shouldn't say goodbye to your dongles and jigs just yet as this isn't a substitute for a proper warmboot exploit.

You can see a video of the new feature in action in the following Tweet:

There are no official stable releases including it at the time of writing, however the commits have been pushed to Atmosphère's GitHub repo so you can clone and compile your own unstable version if you wish to do so (link in the source down below).

While this isn't the keyless 7.0.0 update some users have been waiting for, it's been said in the same Tweet that the non-byok update is still being worked on and is expected to be released soon.

:arrow: Source

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
My switch had thatimage pop up and i pressed the volume button and now it is not turning on. How cani fix it?
3 possible things that happened:
  1. Your reboot_payload.bin is wrong/not in the correct place
  2. Your battery is empty so you gotta charge it over night in the dock
  3. Your Switch is not powered off correctly or in a suspicious state so hold POWER for like 14 seconds, release it and press it once again for 1 second to get into RCM and send a payload

IceBear22999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm Currently waiting for my switch sd card reader to get fixed because it keeps randomly ejecting my MicroSD card mainly when I move the switch so when I'm on the go I can just reboot the switch to a payload even if it means not using stock cause stock is useless and autorcm is very strict when it comes to power so not having to worry about that makes it 10x more useful

Last edited by IceBear22999,

IceBear22999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm Currently waiting for my switch sd card reader to get fixed because it keeps randomly ejecting my MicroSD card mainly when I move the switch so when I'm on the go I can just reboot the switch to a payload even if it means not using stock cause stock is useless
Rebooting to a payload from stock isn't possible without exploits, which can only be done on 4.1.0 and below currently.
i have another question theres a way to look into the switches internal files will something take effect when putting files in there

laz305

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3 possible things that happened:
  1. Your reboot_payload.bin is wrong/not in the correct place
  2. Your battery is empty so you gotta charge it over night in the dock
  3. Your Switch is not powered off correctly or in a suspicious state so hold POWER for like 14 seconds, release it and press it once again for 1 second to get into RCM and send a payload
Where is the correct place? What is the configuration for this too work? Cuz mine stopped working all of a sudden. What goes where?

MultiKoopa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So how exactly can you set custom Reboot options? Say, for example, I want the "Power Off" option to actually power the console off completely if I have AutoRCM enabled. Normally, power off just makes it power off for a bit then go into Recovery Mode after a few seconds, you have to go into Hekate and Power Off to actually turn it all the way off. Can that be changed in the Power Menu in Atmosphere?

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
into Hekate and Power Off to actually turn it all the way off.
That is already fixed. When you turn off the console from inside the horizon os, it will shutdown correctly.

So how exactly can you set custom Reboot options?
You can't set it. Atmosphere reads the reboot_payload.bin inside the /atmosphere folder and reboots it.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So how exactly can you set custom Reboot options? Say, for example, I want the "Power Off" option to actually power the console off completely if I have AutoRCM enabled. Normally, power off just makes it power off for a bit then go into Recovery Mode after a few seconds, you have to go into Hekate and Power Off to actually turn it all the way off. Can that be changed in the Power Menu in Atmosphere?
This has already been addressed in Atmosphere a long time ago. The issue you describe only happens if you do not boot the console in CFW. If you power off the console in CFW (Atmosphere), the console will power down even if AutoRCM is enabled.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/