Hacking Question Atmosphere on SX-core?

Patapon3321

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello guys, (sorry for my english i tried my best)

my friend, who has a patched switch want to that I solder his switch with the SX core cause he has no soldering experience. I have no problem with that but I never used SX-OS and want to use Atmosphere instead.

It is forced to use SX OS or can it other CFW be too?
If SX-OS is forced, do we need buy the licensed too?

GCS

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Hello guys, (sorry for my english i tried my best)

my friend, who has a patched switch want to that I solder his switch with the SX core cause he has no soldering experience. I have no problem with that but I never used SX-OS and want to use Atmosphere instead.

It is forced to use SX OS or can it other CFW be too?
If SX-OS is forced, do we need buy the licensed too?
If you have an Erista/ v1 Switch (Not red boxed one and can be learnt from sx boot menu) than follow this guide. If not, you can't do it at the moment.

PECONAUT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the latest SXOS boot.img? I forgot to update it before the scene when down. Does anyone know where I could get it? I have a modchip on the Lite

Patapon3321

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you have an Erista/ v1 Switch (Not red boxed one and can be learnt from sx boot menu) than follow this guide. If not, you can't do it at the moment.
it is patched switch, i think called mariko right? So i can only use SX-OS.

But do i need to buy a licence or something else except the SX-CORE?

GCS

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
What is the latest SXOS boot.img? I forgot to update it before the scene when down. Does anyone know where I could get it? I have a modchip on the Lite
The latest version is v3.0.5 just go to TX's website then click on the SX portal to find it from there. Can't link them

it is patched switch, i think called mariko right? So i can only use SX-OS.

But do i need to buy a licence or something else except the SX-CORE?
Every patched console isn't Mariko. If it's serial starts with XKW and XKJ it's Mariko other than that it's Erista

Last edited by GCS,
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    me when someone asks me who made the song "Runaway"
    +1
    Gift
  • MightyJAK @ MightyJAK:
    Anybody here got a GDEMU?
    Gift
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I got a (presumed) clone from Aliexpress, but haven't installed yet
    Gift
  • MightyJAK @ MightyJAK:
    I've got a clone, it works fine, but I can't get it to play nice with my SDcard reader.
    Gift
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    like an sd card slot extension thing?
    Gift
  • MightyJAK @ MightyJAK:
    Yeah, to load from (and save data to) an SD card plugged into the serial port.
    Gift
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    You test that extension thing through a regular usb reader on your pc? Could just be a shit one. Bought one for my 3d printer and it just straight up doesn't work
    Gift
  • MightyJAK @ MightyJAK:
    it can't be plugged into a USB reader (it's made from a regular SD card to USB adapter, but with the USB end modded to a Dreamcast serial plug)
    Gift
  • MightyJAK @ MightyJAK:
    It was working fine before I installed the GDEMU, but now the Dreamcast doesn't recognize it when I boot up Dreamshell.
    Gift
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    ahhh I gotcha. yeah haven't looked at it that much so I'm not super familiar with the hardware
    Gift
  • MightyJAK @ MightyJAK:
    Can't find any threads about this particular issue on GBAtemp or the wider intarwebz. Saw one video on YouTube that seemed relevant, but it was some dude with the same issue, no solutions offered in the comments. :/
    Gift
    my teacher was showing me something and i noticed they had gbatemp open in another window
    Gift
  • SpazzyShinobi @ SpazzyShinobi:
    when worlds collide
    +1
    Gift
  • MightyJAK @ MightyJAK:
    Your teacher is ONE OF US... ONE OF US...
    +2
    Gift
    they could be in this very chat, they could be any one of us
    Gift
  • MightyJAK @ MightyJAK:
    InB4 "Julie, get back to work on your homework, that assignment is due tomorrow."
    +1
    Gift
    god damn no one ever wants to talk to me but the MOMENT i start studying everyone got shit to say to me
    Gift
  • Gift
    (not you guys tho, you guys are cool :)
    Gift
    fuck how do i use emoticons within parenthesis
    Gift
    i left out the closing bracket but that just looks incomplete
    Gift
  • RichardTheKing @ RichardTheKing:
    https://gbatemp.net/chat/message/110146/view
    Imagine if that teacher was, I dunno, pingpong or DinohScene or some other mod or admin...that'd be something, huh.
    +1
    Gift
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The teacher just wanted to know what kind of perverted debauchery Julie was watching on the school computer instead of studying.
    +1
    Gift
    what? no, i totalllyyyyy do all my schoolwork
    Gift
    aw, who am i kidding, if i did my work i wouldnt be talking to you guys right now
    Gift
    Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim: aw, who am i kidding, if i did my work i wouldnt be talking to you guys right now