1. GCS

OP GCS Don't ask it, ALWAYS Backup the NAND!

Turkey
    Hello! Running Atmosphere on Patched Sx Core Erista is actually possible. I was able to use Tesla, Mission Control, some hb apps that I have tested.

WARNING: I do not take responsibility for what happens to your switch!
    WARNING2: This guide is for Erista(v1) IPATCHED SX CORE Switches

REQUIREMENTS: Latest Hekate, Latest Atmosphere with fusee-primary, and you may need 30gb free space on your sd, check the 2nd Part.

PART 1: BASIC SETUP

Step 1: Extract and copy downloaded files to your Switch's Micro SD card. Copy fusee-primary to \bootloader\payloads.
    Step 2: Put Micro sd card back to Switch and boot it up while holding +.
    Step 3: Choose Options, click Sx Core and than cleanup (You need to this on every boot to Atmosphere).
    Step 4: Press Payloads, launch hekate.
    Step 5: Set your date, time.

PART 2: EMUNAND SETUP
    You have 2 options in here. If you already have an EmuNAND on SX os as hidden partition follow Part2.1, if not follow Part 2.2.

PART 2.1: USING THE SAME EMUMMC ON BOTH CFWs

Step 1: Close your switch and take your sd back to pc.
    Step 2: Create a folder called EmuMMC and than create a text file named emummc.txt.
    Step 3: Copy this to text to file and then save it.
    [emummc]
    enabled=1
    sector=0x2
    path=emuMMC/ER00
    id=0x0000
    nintendo_path=Emutendo
    Step 4: Enable see file extensions for Windows.
    Step 5: Rename the file to emummc.ini .
    Step 6: EmuMMC is now ready. You can run from EmuNAND, by clicking Launch and then "CFW EmuMMC " on Hekate.

PART 2.2: CREATING A NEW EMUMMC

You should have 30gb space for EmuNAND on micro sd card(You can use another sd card too, make sure to copy boot.dat , license files, hbmenu.nro and all the files that we downloaded to new sd).
    Step 1: Click emuMMC and than create emunand as partition.
    Step 2: Go back to menu, press Launch and than CFW emuMMC.

DONE! Now you can use the sys-mods or hb apps that aren't compatible with SX OS!

NOTE: It may take some time to boot up after restarts, it's normal.

Last edited by GCS, Oct 16, 2020 at 9:32 AM
    Zelbano, Mar2ck, carlito1410 and 10 others like this.
  2. Lightyose

Lightyose True Light

United States
    Interesting, I guess for those who have patched switches, may have the advantage using another CFW with SX Core.

I haven't seen atmosphere running on Mariko yet. But I expect for it to be available sooner or later.

Hmed and GCS like this.
  3. masbass

masbass Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Greece
    Thanks for the checklist, my SX Core arrived today and will work on it in the weekend and was looking for such a list of actions. Wouldn't mind using SX OS as my plans for my Switch uses are rather limited but my worry is that TeamXecuter will at one point understandably abandon this project in the future and Atmosphere being open source will continue with updates and improvements.

Hmed, GCS and Lightyose like this.
  4. Memoir

Memoir Hi, I'm Cynical!

United States
    I tried this... Not your tutorial, exactly.. But I followed similar steps and was greeted with a Boot0 error. Rip me.

Hmed likes this.
  5. GCS

Turkey
    I got the same error, too and after some research in the forum, HenryMin said in a thread that you should do cleanup before running atmosphere. After I did that I was able to boot to atmosphere

lordelan, Hmed, Memoir and 1 other person like this.
  6. Memoir

Memoir Hi, I'm Cynical!

United States
    I did that, and got the error. So I started from scratch and got the system to boot. Atmosphere requires a bit more setup than SX...

GCS likes this.
  7. moxman1

moxman1 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Thanks for the information!

GCS likes this.
  8. Qwertindo

Qwertindo Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    But I have to repeat all this process on every reboot? Or I can create a AMS EmuNand?

9. GCS

Turkey
    You need to repeat cleanup + launch Hekate steps on every boot. You need to create emuNAND for just once.

Qwertindo likes this.
  10. Qwertindo

Qwertindo Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Have some risk to brick if I do something wrong?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I create this post suggestion for some doubts I have about V1 Erista, can you clarify some of this doubts, please?

I’ve looking for some tutorial for SX CORE on iPatched Erista model and is not cleared.

Questions about Homebrews compatibility, Atmosphere CFW on it, what works or don’t in comparative with Mariko V2 model.

All works fine on Erista V1 iPatched like the original Fusee hackable Swich?

What can I do or not? What can brick my console?

Can someone make a updatable guide on these terms?

Have you tested all homebrews like, MissionControl, Nand backup, Keys Backups, Icognito etc..?

I don’t found a organize post about V1 erista iPatched. Only posts talking about Marino version.

11. GCS

Turkey
    -As far as you follow the tutorial, the chance of brick is nearly impossible.
    -Most of the RCM apps will work fine on Erista, but Mariko can get bricked.
    -You can give unpatched switch tutorials a try on your Patched Erista since they are similar, I can't say if it will brick your switch or not, but in most cases it won't.
    -You can't even load Hekate in Mariko, they aren't compatible. A new version for Marikos can come out.

masbass and Qwertindo like this.
  12. Qwertindo

Qwertindo Newbie
    Newcomer

United States

Ok, thanks man! Helps a lot!

GCS likes this.
  13. Chrisssj2

Chrisssj2 GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
    What is this erista swtich? Its a console that patched the SX mod chip to made not work?

14. GCS

Turkey
    Patched Eristas are the ones who don't have red boxes but still patched. These are only hackable with SX Core.

15. Aditzu

Aditzu Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Romania
    Sorry if reviving old thread, but is it a must to create a new emunand if I already have the one created for SX OS, or is it that Atmosphere needs a separate emunand in order to work. Would want to know if it's possible to kind of dual boot SX OS along with Atmosphere using the same emunand I have right now.

So, ideally, the process would be this. If I want to boot into SX OS, I turn the system on normally, it should boot me into the emunand with SX OS. If I want to boot into atmosphere, power on holding the + button -> options -> cleanup (also, what exactly does the cleanup actually clean? just curious) -> boot hekate via payloads -> launch emunand (should ideally be the same one). That should boot me into the same emunand, but using atmosphere. Is that possible?

EDIT: Would want to mention that my emunand is file based (not hidden partition). Maybe adding it into a hidden partition would allow it to work with Atmosphere?

Last edited by Aditzu, Oct 4, 2020
  16. Jerriel

Jerriel Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Philippines
    can it run lockpick while on hekate/

17. GCS

Turkey
    As far as I know you can’t use the same emunand in both cfws (I might be wrong.). So you will have 2 seperate emunands.

The process you wrote is correct. I don’t have that much knowledge about cleanup too. But, I think it does do something with boot0 and boot1. Btw liked your avatar:)

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

You can copy lockpick_rcm to root of the sd and run it from sx boot menu. And yes, you can still run it from hekate. Just copy the payload to bootloader/ payloads folder.
    (Make sure that your Switch is Erista, not red-boxed one or you might brick it.)

Aditzu likes this.
  18. HenryMin

HenryMin Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Korea, South

You can same emuNAND on both CFW, by just editing /emuMMC/emummc.ini

[emummc]
    enabled=1
    sector=0x2
    path=emuMMC/ER00
    id=0x0000
    nintendo_path=Emutendo

Also, 'Clean up ' makes clean, original BOOT0 since the modchip modifies nand BOOT0.
    https://twitter.com/hexkyz/status/1278304294865907712

cleanup.png

Last edited by HenryMin, Oct 4, 2020
    Aditzu likes this.
  19. GCS

Turkey
    Thank you for explaining:). The emuMMC config that you said, is it for the emuMMC that is created with sx os or hekate?

20. HenryMin

HenryMin Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Korea, South
    Created with SX bootmenu, it creates emuNAND starts on sector 0x2
    Or you can use NXNandManager instead, it also creates emuNAND compatible on both SXOS and Atmosphere.

Last edited by HenryMin, Oct 4, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Atmosphere, Running, Patched