Hacking Atmosphere-NX - Custom Firmware in development by SciresM

Kei00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
As mentioned, use hekate ums. Every time you remove the sd card you risk breaking the shitty sd card connector
Ums stands for Universal Media Server, right? I have been using the MTP server from the dbi installer so far.

But you still have to turn off the switch and extract the microDS to overwrite the Hekate, Atmosphere and Sigpatches files to update them, right? Or is it safe to do it with the UMS while running Atmosphere?

Snomannen_kalle

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Ums stands for Universal Media Server, right? I have been using the MTP server from the dbi installer so far.

But you still have to turn off the switch and extract the microDS to overwrite the Hekate, Atmosphere and Sigpatches files to update them, right? Or is it safe to do it with the UMS while running Atmosphere?
I always use Hekate UMS when updating Hekate, Atmosphere, and sigpatches. Note that Hekate and Atmosphere are two different things, so when you use Hekate UMS to connect to a computer, phone, etc., you are not running Atmosphere

Reactions: Kei00

Kei00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I always use Hekate UMS when updating Hekate, Atmosphere, and sigpatches. Note that Hekate and Atmosphere are two different things, so when you use Hekate UMS to connect to a computer, phone, etc., you are not running Atmosphere
I know they are different things, Hekate is the bootloader and Atmosphere is a CFW. I probably didn't explain myself well, but what I wanted to know is if you could update Atmosphere (and of course Hekate) running Atmosphere with the MTP server.
I can also use, now that I know it, Hekate's UMS, but for that I have to reboot the console.

Reactions: Snomannen_kalle

Snomannen_kalle

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I know they are different things, Hekate is the bootloader and Atmosphere is a CFW. I probably didn't explain myself well, but what I wanted to know is if you could update Atmosphere (and of course Hekate) running Atmosphere with the MTP server.
I can also use, now that I know it, Hekate's UMS, but for that I have to reboot the console.
I understand what you mean now, sorry about that. I don't think you can overwrite Atmosphere files while running Atmosphere (I think they may be write protected), though I've never tried myself. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable than myself can confirm or not

josete2k

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

I always enter in UMS mode by fastCFWswitch, it reboots the console too but it's same faster than opening dbi and enable MTP server.

boston909

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've been wondering about that myself - i.e. can I replace the HATS files to update Hekate whilst running Hekate's USB Mass Storage tool to mount the SD to my PC? If anyone can clarify this, that would be much appreciated. :)

Windi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've been wondering about that myself - i.e. can I replace the HATS files to update Hekate whilst running Hekate's USB Mass Storage tool to mount the SD to my PC? If anyone can clarify this, that would be much appreciated. :)
I can confirm that it is possible to update hekate and athmosphere using the Hekate UMS feature. You simply replace the files and reload hekate afterwards to use the new version (there is a reload button in the main menu)

boston909

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I can confirm that it is possible to update hekate and athmosphere using the Hekate UMS feature. You simply replace the files and reload hekate afterwards to use the new version (there is a reload button in the main menu)
Brilliant - many thanks for confirming that. :)

Hernie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know how to go about this? I used the "insert_splash_screen.py" script to successfully inject a custom image into package3. It only seems to splash for what seems like less that a second. Is there any way to extend that to maybe 2 or 3 seconds? I'm assuming you might probably need to compile a whole new package3 using AMS source code, and then use THAT package3 in the script. I haven't the shadiest idea on how to go about that. Any ideas?

Last edited by Hernie,

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
I'm assuming you might probably need to compile a whole new package3 using AMS source code
Nope. You just inject it. Here's what i did...download the atmosphere source code (repo or whatever it is called), install python on your pc, put your image into the "img" folder, put the package3 into the "fusee" folder, go back to the ams source root, open cmd (hold shift and right-click) and use the following command: python utilities/insert_splash_screen.py img/splash.png fusee/package3

Hernie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope. You just inject it. Here's what i did...download the atmosphere source code (repo or whatever it is called), install python on your pc, put your image into the "img" folder, put the package3 into the "fusee" folder, go back to the ams source root, open cmd (hold shift and right-click) and use the following command: python utilities/insert_splash_screen.py img/splash.png fusee/package3
Yah, I understand all that. I've already successfully injected the image and created a new package3....I was wondering if there was a way to extend the amount of time that the splash screen appears when booting.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question regarding Atmosphere. I'm still using SX OS emunand as files...

My switch is I think on FW 3. something (can't even remember as I don't even use it) but some day I plan to move to atmosphere. I plan to make a clean atmosphere install as Emunand - files.

I don't have the update to use exFat and want to really use exFat, can I simply use my mSD formatted to exFat and just install atmosphere and run it?

On SX OS I think I used Fat32 then updated the firmware with exFat update, then I backed up everything, formatted to exFat, put the backup inside and voila (If I'm even remembering well LOL)...

Reactions: Donnie-Burger

Donnie-Burger

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I have a question regarding Atmosphere. I'm still using SX OS emunand as files...

My switch is I think on FW 3. something (can't even remember as I don't even use it) but some day I plan to move to atmosphere. I plan to make a clean atmosphere install as Emunand - files.

I don't have the update to use exFat and want to really use exFat, can I simply use my mSD formatted to exFat and just install atmosphere and run it?

On SX OS I think I used Fat32 then updated the firmware with exFat update, then I backed up everything, formatted to exFat, put the backup inside and voila (If I'm even remembering well LOL)...
Try to update with daybreak + new FW + new atmos. If black sscreen will need a fat32 card to install. Once thats done you can run exfat.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't need the tutorials but still thanks.

On SX OS I think it didn't work using exFat at first time because when loading SX OS it just got black if I remember well, just want to know if atmosphere happens the same when starting fresh from a sysnand that doesn't have the exFat update or if atmosphere already has some kind of workaround to that.

It's not a big deal anyway but still good to know so I don't waste time even trying exFat at first time...
Pls don't use exFAT.
exFat is a must for me and I don't mind updating the emunand backup to my PC from time-to-time. Also even though I barely touched my switch in maybe 200 hours of use I never had a single problem with exFat on any of my 3 mSD cards yet.

Donnie-Burger

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I didn't need the tutorials but still thanks.

On SX OS I think it didn't work using exFat at first time because when loading SX OS it just got black if I remember well, just want to know if atmosphere happens the same when starting fresh from a sysnand that doesn't have the exFat update or if atmosphere already has some kind of workaround to that.

It's not a big deal anyway but still good to know so I don't waste time even trying exFat at first time...

exFat is a must for me and I don't mind updating the emunand backup to my PC from time-to-time. Also even though I barely touched my switch in maybe 200 hours of use I never had a single problem with exFat on any of my 3 mSD cards yet.
Answered that in previous post. Black screen or error on boot if no exfat driver.

Reactions: guily6669

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    +1
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    +1
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    +1
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    +1
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @The Real Jdbye, it's bed bath and beyond you nitwit
    @K3Nv2 you said instructions with pictures, same difference
    Lol now with 32GBs of VRAM Ken?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No IKEA shit breaks within a month bed bath and beyond goes beyond
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Plus pictures don't always cut it with furniture when there's like 10 different bolt styles and they're just like figure it out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's not like how people whack it to uremums onlyfans :teach:
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's not like how people whack it to uremums onlyfans :teach: