Hacking Atmosphere-NX - Custom Firmware in development by SciresM

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Guys, my Switch isn't booting anymore...
So it basically does what the video showcases with a few differences. For one, my Switch did not spend 40-50 seconds text overlapping like it did with the other guy. Also, mine did not boot the Nintendo logo twice, only once. But just to reiterate, this is safe to run.
Safe to run and Switch doesnt boot in same post. Johnny Five needs more input. INNNPUUUT

Reactions: theMille

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a little bit curious why it didn't behave the same way in the video but since its booting WIP files, maybe its not that big of a surprise. Also if people want a video from me, I'll do it tomorrow, er, later today (its like 1:30 AM here).

Neutral0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
EmuNAND is a copy of your SysNAND meaning it will create a copy of your console's certificate. However, Nintendo bans people by banning this certificate from online services so EmuNAND will NEVER unban you like that.
And then Is possible to change the certificate? My plan is use the emunand in offline mode and update games and then sysnand for online gaming.

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by tivu100,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And then Is possible to change the certificate? My plan is use the emunand in offline mode and update games and then sysnand for online gaming.
If you're banned on either SysNAND or EmuNAND, then both are banned. You cannot bypass the ban by making another EmuNAND. The purpose of EmuNAND, for the 3DS as an example, was for preserving certain firmwares on SysNAND due to exploits working on those firmwares. EmuNAND is not a magical unbanning mechanism. If you plan to use hacks with EmuNAND/SysNAND and want to avoid being banned, whichever NAND is going online if at all must be 100% clean and use no hacks whatsoever. Preferably, EmuNAND should be the one to go online but since we have an exploit that works on all firmwares, you can use SysNAND for legitimate online purposes. One thing to keep in mind is that if you already used hacks to a certain degree on your Switch, then both your SysNAND and EmuNAND have already been tainted and there is currently no way to undo that.

Last edited by Draxzelex,

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@SciresM do you think if we use atmosphere while being on a SysNand FW below 4.xx, would the gamecard reader also get updated and we couldnt use it on our original Sysnand FW?

Please report if you know anything about it or what you think.

PsychoRabbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Do you think having two emunands is a wasted of space? I mean, having Sysnand with 4.1.0 launching warmboot exploit to start one emunand for my legit online games without any trace of CFW. And having other emunand for everything CFW related but forever in airplane mode, so with the minimal possible risk of being banned.

If each emunand dump is going to be 32gb, it feels like a waste of space to have 64gb dedicated to emunand. And 256gb micro sd isn't cheap on this side of america.

I have a samd m0 dongle, so no problem in using it forever, but having warmboot sounds good too.

Reactions: bixxewoscht

bixxewoscht

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Do you think having two emunands is a wasted of space? I mean, having Sysnand with 4.1.0 launching warmboot exploit to start one emunand for my legit online games without any trace of CFW. And having other emunand for everything CFW related but forever in airplane mode, so with the minimal possible risk of being banned.

If each emunand dump is going to be 32gb, it feels like a waste of space to have 64gb dedicated to emunand. And 256gb micro sd isn't cheap on this side of america.

I have a samd m0 dongle, so no problem in using it forever, but having warmboot sounds good too.

Good Question, I also had this setup in mind because I'm still on 4.1.

mariogamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

My setup would rather be an updated sysnand with autorcm, and an airplane mode emunand. Espacially since you got a dongle in hand.
I guess it's not that useful. On the 3ds days, havkng a emunand cost 1Gb so having multiple wasn't a problem, tho not that useful, even in the early days.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The purpose of EmuNAND is traditionally for preserving certain firmwares on SysNAND due to exploits working on those firmwares.

emunand on the wii (which I believe predates it's use on the 3ds), was to increase the space available for saves and channels.

All it does is let some storage emulate the nand, what is on that storage and why is just a choice for the user.

Using emunand offline for hacking and keeping sysnand for online is a reasonable strategy. If both nands are running the latest code then you'll avoid the cartridge slot issue.

Last edited by smf,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
emunand on the wii (which I believe predates it's use on the 3ds), was to increase the space available for saves and channels.

All it does is let some storage emulate the nand, what is on that storage and why is just a choice for the user.
Sorry about that, I never used EmuNAND on my Wii (let alone knowing it existed...). I'll update my original post. Thanks for the information.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have question atmosphere cfw already been released ?
Its open-source so it is technically already released but is not in a user-friendly state. Once it is, its status will change to completed not released. For example, the community's method of loading homebrew takes advantage of some of the WIP code in Atmosphere to do so.

Reactions: Broksamson

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well it's now July (in a rapidly increasing proportion of timezones). Anyone running a pool on release dates?

I'm still waiting for emunand before I do anything fun (don't ask me why bother with emunand, if you don't get it by this point I'm not going to be the one to spell it out to you). Hope it comes soon in whatever form.

Solitario

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well it's now July (in a rapidly increasing proportion of timezones). Anyone running a pool on release dates?

I'm still waiting for emunand before I do anything fun (don't ask me why bother with emunand, if you don't get it by this point I'm not going to be the one to spell it out to you). Hope it comes soon in whatever form.

It will still take a while because SciresM will not deliver anything in half., For the number of things that are missing from the atmosphere, the launch will probably be between August and September ^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I don't normally eat there,in fact been years, but wifey took grandkids, and brought back a...