Hacking Atmosphere-NX - Custom Firmware in development by SciresM

cicci084

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
yeah, the bit fix is a problem with MAC users, that's why is on everyone of the guides.
I have never used the Mac to do these things, in fact I have never had similar problems.

I would like to specify that the Sthetix hats are all updated, including obscured DNS and visible serials, all the time wasted was due to the Mac of my "testicles"!

• Haha
Reactions: Blythe93

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good evening guys.
Yesterday I finally solved the problem.
I solved it and I want to write how I did it.
First of all, I thank all of you for the support you have provided me.

The cause of my problem was the MAC (computer) that I used to copy the files inside the microsd.

It was the master "Stethix" himself who gave me this answer. Considering that I had followed all the guides to the letter and despite this I had crash problems, I decided to ask him directly (via WhatsApp).
Surprisingly he responded to me instantly and instantly he gave me the solution.

As soon as I sent him the photo of the atmosf€r€ crash he immediately asked if I had used a Mac to perform the operations and, immediately after my confirmation he first gave me the solution which I will post below, then he explained to me why the mac doesn't get along with h@cking operations.

Below is everything you need, for those like me who might have difficulty if they use a Mac.

Obviously it's not my own making, so, in addition to you, I also thank Sir Sthetix in public.

--------------------------------------------

SOLUTION

You need to to the archive bit fix in hekate to fix that issue, mac is weird with hacking stuff.
(foto guide)

The macs computers adds a prefix in front of every files: “ ._ “ that prefix. Mac is designed to be like that, we cannot avoid it, as a matter of "backup" and "search" purpose.
glad you resolve the issues I see Mac is difficult to do with. Hey you told me about HATS is all in one update so i checked i see there fusee.bin was not there. so i don't like all in one updater. i do old fashion way just update one thing at a time. Congratulation you resolve it. :toot:

Reactions: cicci084

Tails54321

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Question guys, i just wanted to check, has the "Crash" issue been resolved now?

I am using 16.1.0 and an older hekate version, I wish to update sysNAND (+ the others) to play legit games i own online
I used dns mitm method + exosphere, will I get the "crash" issue with 1.6.2 version of atmosphere or is everything resolved now?

Is there anything I need to change in the exosphere files for example or do I just update as normal now?

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

I am using 16.1.0 and an older hekate version, I wish to update sysNAND (+ the others) to play legit games i own online
I used dns mitm method + exosphere, will I get the "crash" issue with 1.6.2 version of atmosphere or is everything resolved now?

Is there anything I need to change in the exosphere files for example or do I just update as normal now?
there is no interest on "fix it" the official posture is "do not blank your prodinfo instead use DNS block"

Reactions: Blythe93

joeh1974

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question if this crash affects me if I update from 16.0.3 to 17.0? I only use sysnand, and have never modified the stock downloaded version of Atmosphere. I have two switches, so never cared if my hacked one was ever banned. I update FW via booting back into stock FW and using the official updates. I've never tried to blank my prodinfo or use exosphere, DNS90, or MITM in the past.

Do I still need to configure DNS MITM if I upgrade FW and Atmosphere?

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Question if this crash affects me if I update from 16.0.3 to 17.0? I only use sysnand, and have never modified the stock downloaded version of Atmosphere. I have two switches, so never cared if my hacked one was ever banned. I update FW via booting back into stock FW and using the official updates. I've never tried to blank my prodinfo or use exosphere, DNS90, or MITM in the past.

Do I still need to configure DNS MITM if I upgrade FW and Atmosphere?
It's really not hard to set it up, you can see how here. But seeing that you haven't cleared your prodinfo and don't care about getting your console banned, then you probably don't need to do anything other than update as you usually do (Hekate > Atmosphere > Sigpatches > Firmware).

Some games might stop working after the update, just reinstalling them afterwards should do the trick. Otherwise, check this thread.

Reactions: joeh1974

jmmc

Trophies
XP
Country

You have to use both of them to avoid the crash.

I’m using dns mitm and exosphere and it doesn’t crash.

If you disable dns mitm, it crashes.

I have exosphere enabled because if Nintendo introduces a new connection, I prefer the crash better than get banned.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i don't think this has been answered, but it seems that in my particular case I ran Incognito_RCM at some point (I thought I did the prod blanking through Atmos, but disabling it still keeps it as all 00s in system settings), and I want to restore the prod info stuff for my Switch so I can sell it as a fully working homebrew console.
I think I still have the bin files with the proper serial stuff in it, since it has values other than all 00s, so I think those are the right files to restore, but how do I restore them?

Mikolaj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
"Failed to prepare the update. Result: 0x000106002"

Has anybody encountered this error when trying to make an update from FW 16.1.0 to FW 17.0.0 using Daybreak?
Make sure the latest hekate & atmosphere versions are already installed on your sd card.
Make sure your fw 17.0.0 hashes are ok and extract it in a folder placed at the root of your sd card, no other subfolders inside.
Return to the default console UI theme if you have a custom one installed.
Launch Daybreak with full ram and you should be ok.

There's also a small possibility that incognito (if you ever installed it) or custom modules/overlays (SaltyNX, InfoNX, Tesla, Edizon, ...) interfere with the process. You may temporarily uninstall/disable them.

Reactions: Dothackjhe

Dothackjhe

"Joker"
Trophies
Website
wroiters.wixsite.com
XP
Country
Philippines
Make sure the latest hekate & atmosphere versions are already installed on your sd card.
Make sure your fw 17.0.0 hashes are ok and extract it in a folder placed at the root of your sd card, no other subfolders inside.
Return to the default console UI theme if you have a custom one installed.
Launch Daybreak with full ram and you should be ok.

There's also a small possibility that incognito (if you ever installed it) or custom modules/overlays (SaltyNX, InfoNX, Tesla, Edizon, ...) interfere with the process. You may temporarily uninstall/disable them.
I was already using the latest version of Hekate and Atmosphere and the hashes of the FW 17.0.0 were okay.

But since you mentioned about an overlay, I recall installing Tesla as an attempt to use emuiibo before. I think that might be the culprit.

Update:

It's the Tesla overlay that was indeed causing it. I was able to update to FW 17.0.0 just fine without it.

Last edited by Dothackjhe,
Reactions: Mikolaj

Morricorne

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Today I updated the old Nintendo Switch v1 to 17. Everything works like gold without any problems. No problems with games. Only one issue what i have is. I cant blank serial number. I did everything right. Same as Switch OLED. And here it doesn't work on v1

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Today I updated the old Nintendo Switch v1 to 17. Everything works like gold without any problems. No problems with games. Only one issue what i have is. I cant blank serial number. I did everything right. Same as Switch OLED. And here it doesn't work on v1

Setup DNSMitm and Exosphere and then you be able to blank out the serial number.

Evamdro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Can't disable usb3, using emummc
2023111219221500-DB1426D1DFD034027CECDE9C2DD914B8.jpg
2023111219223000-DB1426D1DFD034027CECDE9C2DD914B8.jpg

Evamdro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Funny thing, when I put u8!0x1 it shows that it's disabled, but checking on my computer with USB device tree, it's always connecting via usb 3 and this kills the reception of my joycons so I can't use them on a third party dock because it has usb 3 ports.

2023111219514200-DB1426D1DFD034027CECDE9C2DD914B8.jpg
2023111219513100-DB1426D1DFD034027CECDE9C2DD914B8.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: impeeza

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Inb4 kiiwii gives it a 0/10
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    6/10 rating on steam
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I would like a Predator game "Kill Team" it takes place in the Jungle of the first movie, your team is sent to hunt the predator, using current tech drones and a trained team. Set traps use strategy to hunt and trap or kill the predator.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ill stick with my Battlefield. Yea a predator hunting game like that would be cool. Esp if you can be Arnold and say "Get to da choppa"
    +1
    Maybe Arnold could do a cameo voice acting, he is the one briefing you on the mission
    +1
    Honestly surprised they didn't make a tie in game for Predators that movie was awesome
    I was kinda sad the Yakuza guy died sword fighting a predator lol
    The Russian guy went out like a boss
    Double claymores to the face definitely kill a predator lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went today and looked at a motorcycle someone was selling. I get there and the battery on it was dead, so the guy grabbed a battery charger and hooked it up. He plugged it into the wall, and the motorcycle sparked and started smoking. Come to find out the bike uses a 6 volt battery and the guy had the charger set to 12v. I said sorry to the dude and walked away. I felt bad for him tho.
    Sounds like it would be an exciting ride....
    Not sure I would want something on fire between my legs
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He ruined it basically. Sad cause it was a decent old bike. It would take more money to rewire the bike than it was worth tho.
    Yeah I'm sure at minimum the starter was fried
    Alternator and battery
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob alot of fried parts. It was still smoking when I left.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I would've said show me how it rides
    I always wanted one of those Smart Cars with a Hyabusa motor in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm getting sick and tired of cheap ass baking pans now
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think it be cool to have one that would fit in my pickup truck bed, then I could put down ramps n drive it off.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Used this one 5 times already impossible to clean
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 I didn't know Sonic serves they food in baking pans.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @K3Nv2 I didn't know Sonic serves they food in baking pans.