Question Atmosphere EmuNAND, Possible Game Update

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Austin1227, Jun 28, 2019.

1. Austin1227
    OP

Austin1227 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2011
    United States
    Hello,

I am new to Switch hacking, and EmuMMC is even newer and supposedly safer. I never booted directly into CFW, only through EmuMMC. I have a NAND backup from before I touched any exploit I setup my DNS settings for my Switch, but I deleted my Wifi settings so when I reconnected to Wifi to use FTP, I forgot I didn't have 90DNS on. I believe while my Wifi was on, I launched an NSP and it started an update, usually I see a bar for the game update and it is not filled, but I believe one of the bars was filled a bit. Is it reasonable to expect to be banned if I go back to OFW?

What would be my best course of action? Should I restore my NAND or should I be safe because this all went down on my Emunand?

2. chippy

chippy GBAtemp Regular

Dec 21, 2017
    Australia
    Did your emunand have an installed nsp not owned? If so you should expect a ban of your console and no restoreing will fix it

3. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    If you installed a pirated game from an NSP file and connected to the internet, you're probably going to get banned someday, regardless of what you do from here. In the meantime, do everything in your power to keep your hacked NAND offline.

4. RHOPKINS13

RHOPKINS13 Geek

Jan 31, 2009
    United States
    Your safest bet is to not use wifi at all when in emunand, just keep your Switch offline.

If you got banned, or are about to get banned, there's nothing you can do about it now. Might as well boot OFW and play online if you can.

5. Austin1227
    OP

Austin1227 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2011
    United States
    Welp RIP. Does EmuNAND offer any extra protections over CFW? Also, would it still be safe to use 90DNS to do homebrew appstore/ftp or just airplane mode completely.

6. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    emuNAND offers extra protections by being separate from your sysNAND. Other than that, it's the same as CFW. If you connect your emuNAND to the internet without any protections, then you will get the whole Switch banned. Your emuNAND should have 90DNS and/or Incognito installed.

It's still safe to use 90DNS to do homebrew, but you've probably already been flagged to be banned. It might not matter what you do at this point, but if I were you, I would continue to use 90DNS and/or Incognito.

7. Austin1227
    OP

Austin1227 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2011
    United States
    Hmm. It was under my impression that the EmuNAND was separate. Strange how it flags the console. Thanks for the help!

8. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    emuNAND is separate, but it still has all of the same identification information as your sysNAND, since it's the same Switch. If the Switch is banned, that's both your sysNAND and your emuNAND. That's why you should use 90DNS and/or Incognito on your emuNAND to stop something like this from happening.

PHiLiPZ likes this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted