1. DeepFriedIcecream

OP DeepFriedIcecream Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hi, This is a question I've posted in NOOB PARADISE thread that was left unanswered. I hope someone could help me with this.

What I have:
    • FW 9.0.1
    • Atmosphere 0.9.4 running on emummc
    • Sandisk 200GB formatted to fat32, of 30GB allocated to hidden emummc partition
    • All worked fine before this

What happened:
    I was copying a large archive of files - bunch of dated console roms - onto SD with my PC. Apparently the USB card reader was faulty and the work failed halfway when the SD was suddenly dismounted. I mounted the SD with a different reader and deleted what was left from failed copy attempt.

What's the problem:
    • I can boot to emummc and see all the games I've previously installed. However the switch immediately displays Error 2016-0247 'Unable to access microSD card.'
    • In the settings the SD doesn't show up and I only see the internal storage
    • The switch thinks that the install data of all games are missing and asks me to redownload them
    • I can access to album HB menu, but none of the homebrews are there
    • When I boot to sysnand the switch does recognize the SD and accurately displays free space
    • Hekate also recognizes the SD and shows emummc enabled

What I've tried and failed to fix it:
    • Ran a number of disk checking tools to scan and fix errors of the SD - nothing came up
    • Backed up all files in SD and reformatted the primary partition to fat32 multiple times
    • Unchecked and checked archive bits of every files multiple times
    • Disabled/enabled emummc and tried migration in Hekate
    • Changed the version of Atmosphere files and RCM payload
    • Removed Nintendo folder from the SD
    • Dumped emummc with NxNandManager and opened it with HacDiskMount to extract saves - HacDiskMount seems to be unable to recognize either full dump or decrypted USER dump

What I considered:
    • Trying a different SD - this is the SD with largest capacity I have, and while I will gladly blow some additional bucks to fix this I'd refrain from doing so unless it turns out to be the definite solution. I don't expect it after all, as the card is recognized properly on every other occasion - PC, sysnand, Hekate - and emummc is the only one that's having issue with it.

What I want to:
    1. It'll be the best if I repair this and manage to make emummc access the SD once again.
    2. If it is not possible, I'd like to salvage saves stored in emummc, at least. Formatting the entire SD card and reinstalling whole 150GB of data would take some time, but I can put up with it. If I could run homebrews it would've been an easy work. However since I can't do so Edizon or Checkpoint are out of question.

I tried to include as much information as I could. Please let me know if some additional data is required. Thanks in advance.

2. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Pretty sure the emuMMC is corrupted in some way so you're going to need to remake it.

3. Latyana

Latyana GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Omg I've got the same issue. Not to hijack the thread but if that's what I gotta do how would I do it??

4. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
  5. BaamAlex

BaamAlex CVE-2018-6242

Germany
  6. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    That has nothing to do with what I said or OP asked. Unless you're trolling, you can't be serious. And you have the gall to say I'm like talking to a wall? That's the pot calling the kettle black.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Atmosphere, displaying, refuses