Atmosphère 0.8.10 released

atmosphere-png.162000

Did you think you'd have to wait until June 15th on the calendar in order to get a new Atmosphère update? If so, @SciresM and the rest of his crew are here to remind you that any day can be a June 15th, as version 0.8.10 is now up for grabs on its GitHub repo!

While you will have to wait some more for the highly anticipated emuNAND/emuMMC, the update brings a number of useful additions and improvements that you may be interested in. For starters, you can now change a title's language and region on a per-game basis: to do so, you will have to create an INI file in "atmosphere/titles/<title id>/config.ini" and set "override_language" and/or "override_region" under the "override_config" section to one of the supported values (valid languages are ja, en-US, fr, de, it, es, zh-CN, ko, nl, pt, ru, zh-TW, en-GB, fr-CA, es-419, zh-Hans and zh-Hant, while the region can be jpn, usa, eur, aus, chn, kor or twn). The boot system module has also been reimplemented and its NAND repair function will now preserve AutoRCM if found, which is called by the Switch's OS if something wrong happens during a system update. Finally, there are also a few bug fixes and smaller improvements, like allocating the correct amount of memory to sysmodules on firmware 5.0.0 and checking for button presses on all controllers when using the CFW's various features, like accessing HBL, for example.

As usual, the official changelog can be found below:
0.8.10 is Atmosphère's seventeenth official release.

fusee-primary was last updated in: 0.8.10.

With thanks to the @switchbrew team, Atmosphère 0.8.10 is bundled with hbl 2.1, and hbmenu 3.0.1.

The following was changed since the last release:

• A bug was fixed that could cause incorrect system memory allocation on 5.0.0.
    • 5.0.0 should now correctly have an additional 12 MiB allocated for sysmodules.
  • Atmosphère features which check button presses now consider all controllers, isntead of just P1.
  • Support was added for configuring language/region on a per-game basis.
    • This is managed by editing atmosphere/titles/<title id>/config.ini for the game.
    • To edit title language, edit override_config!override_language.
      • The languages supported are ja, en-US, fr, de, it, es, zh-CN, ko, nl, pt, ru, zh-TW, en-GB, fr-CA, es-419, zh-Hans, zh-Hant.
    • To edit title region, edit override_config!override_region.
      • The regions supported are jpn, usa, eur, aus, chn, kor, twn.
  • Atmosphère now provides a reimplementation of the boot system module.
    • boot is responsible for performing hardware initialization, showing the Nintendo logo, and repairing NAND on system update failure.
    • Atmosphère's boot implementation preserves AutoRCM during NAND repair.
      • NAND repair occurs when an unexpected shutdown or error happens during a system update.
      • This fixes a final edge case where AutoRCM might be removed by HOS, which could cause a user to burn fuses.
  • General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience.

On a final note, fusee-primary has also been updated again with this release. Don't forget about it if you rely on it!

:arrow: Source
:arrow: GBAtemp thread

Last edited by RattletraPM,

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
So quick to post about it.
I guess you don't let anything slow you down.
jokes aside.
Now this autoRCM preservation feature is something neat to have in case something goes wrong with the NAND.
at last. I don't have to worry if my system gets updated by accident anymore.

Last edited by NoNAND, , Reason: common errors
Reactions: IHOP

moneychild

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm new to Atmosphere so it's funny when I see
"General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience!"

Show Nintendo who is the boss!

momin

Trophies
XP
Country
For the lanuguages, I truly wish a game loader appears that changes is on the fly like WiiFlow, USBLoaderGX and such on the Wii....

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Override Region is nice, for games that depend on the system language for settings. Take FF7 for example, most of the mods that actually change gameplay utilise the English version of the game. Run it on a german Switch? Then you have to either set it to English, or modify the files manually. Now not anymore. A welcome addition

guillel90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I have a lower version of atmosphère. Which is the procedure to update to this new version?
Thanks for the help!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1