Atari OFFICIALLY pics up Ghostbusters! Expect it next year!

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by War, Nov 7, 2008.

1. War
    OP

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    [​IMG]

"This has been a rumor for quite some time, but now it’s official. Atari scooped up Ghostbusters which was left behind after the Activision Blizzard merger. Ghostbusters will come out on nearly every system. A PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii, Nintendo DS, and even a PS2 version are due out next year.

I played a Ghostbusters build on the Xbox 360 and Ghostbusters was one part proton pack FPS and one part hide and seek. I had to find rogue spirits with using a ghost radar that beeps when they get near by. Step close to ectoplasm and the radar goes nuts, but the ghosts were more often hidden in objects. The highlight of the library level was a mini-boss fight where a haunted stack of books joined together to make a giant book man thing. While Ghostbusters looked great on the Xbox 360, I think I’ll opt for a Wii version if you can point at the screen and shoot proton beams with the remote."

Source

2. Trolly

Member Trolly GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    I'm fairly sure this comes out for the PC, even Amazon lists it. If it's been cancelled because of Atari I might just hit somebody.

3. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Yeah consider my pants creamed now [​IMG]

Out for the 25th Anniversary (film came out on June 8th, dunno if they'll do the exact date), I'm hoping that the Wii version gets more work on it and that they show the DS "management sim" version soon.

The real reason that Activision dropped this wasn't because they didn't think it would sell well, but it was because they didn't think they could make sequels from it! Really really backwards thinking to be honest and shows that they've lost interest in making quality games.

I really really hope these publishers stopped thinking like this, games always drop in quality eventually when they have yearly sequels. Even EA & THQ have realised this and both claim that next year will be different!

4. WildWon

Former Staff WildWon EXTERMINATE!

United States
    I, too, am quite tight in the pants for this. Really though, was there a SERIOUS threat of this game not being released? I mean, yes, shit went down, but isn't the game almost complete at this point? Yea, it hit the back burner of the industry, but it wasn't tossed. SOMEONE was bound to pick it up. (just glad it was sooner, rather than later [​IMG])

5. Gore

Member Gore GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    PSP version plees.

6. Mei-o

Member Mei-o Generic Asian Kid™

Japan
    Yay! Screw Activision, Atari just got more awesome in my eyes! Iirc, there's going to be multiplayer right?