Atari OFFICIALLY pics up Ghostbusters! Expect it next year!

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
gbust.jpg

"This has been a rumor for quite some time, but now it’s official. Atari scooped up Ghostbusters which was left behind after the Activision Blizzard merger. Ghostbusters will come out on nearly every system. A PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii, Nintendo DS, and even a PS2 version are due out next year.

I played a Ghostbusters build on the Xbox 360 and Ghostbusters was one part proton pack FPS and one part hide and seek. I had to find rogue spirits with using a ghost radar that beeps when they get near by. Step close to ectoplasm and the radar goes nuts, but the ghosts were more often hidden in objects. The highlight of the library level was a mini-boss fight where a haunted stack of books joined together to make a giant book man thing. While Ghostbusters looked great on the Xbox 360, I think I’ll opt for a Wii version if you can point at the screen and shoot proton beams with the remote."

Source

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah consider my pants creamed now
tongue.gif

Out for the 25th Anniversary (film came out on June 8th, dunno if they'll do the exact date), I'm hoping that the Wii version gets more work on it and that they show the DS "management sim" version soon.

The real reason that Activision dropped this wasn't because they didn't think it would sell well, but it was because they didn't think they could make sequels from it! Really really backwards thinking to be honest and shows that they've lost interest in making quality games.

I really really hope these publishers stopped thinking like this, games always drop in quality eventually when they have yearly sequels. Even EA & THQ have realised this and both claim that next year will be different!

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I, too, am quite tight in the pants for this. Really though, was there a SERIOUS threat of this game not being released? I mean, yes, shit went down, but isn't the game almost complete at this point? Yea, it hit the back burner of the industry, but it wasn't tossed. SOMEONE was bound to pick it up. (just glad it was sooner, rather than later
tongue.gif
)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)