At my wit's end

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Wasp_Box, Jan 18, 2009.

1. Wasp_Box
    OP

Wasp_Box Member

Newcomer
    Apr 18, 2008
    Sorry, it's a question about burning - I know it's not hacking but there doesn't seem a more appropriate forum.

System is 3.1E upgraded to 3.2E with HBC and Wiigator's Backup Launcher 0.3 Gamma. Playing a non-backup game through the launcher works fine so I assume the launcher is correctly installed.

I am using brand new Verbatim DVD -R blanks and have tried burning an ISO (captured with WiiHTTP Dumper with no problems and correct size) in the following ways:

Using Imgburn at 8X, 4X and 2X. Burn verified as OK each time.
    Using Nero at 16X and 8X.

DVD burner is Philips max 16X about 2 years old.

Every single time I get the following error when I try to launch the backup: DVD Read Error (324).

It's driving me nuts....

Do any of you fine people have any thoughts?

Thanks.

2. tj_cool

tj_cool Site dev

Supervisor
    Jan 7, 2009
    Belgium
    This planet
  3. Wasp_Box
    OP

Wasp_Box Member

Newcomer
    Apr 18, 2008
    Thank you - I don't know how I missed that - I thought I had read every bl**dy thread on the subject! I'll have a play around.

4. djtaz

djtaz PM's Full - Wadder Me

Sep 21, 2008
    Usually people have missed a cIOS install or have a very old one that causes the issues - if you didnt get the files from one of the lads on this site , you prob have an incorrect collection of files - people have been trying to copy the guys on here and made things very messy for everyone as most dont work.

Get the installers in my zip and try them - no need to uninstall anything , they will overwrite as needed.

5. Wasp_Box
    OP

Wasp_Box Member

Newcomer
    Apr 18, 2008
    Thank you very much guys. Used djtaz's files and it WORKED. Hurrah.

I'm indebted to you both.

6. djtaz

djtaz PM's Full - Wadder Me

Sep 21, 2008
    Your welcome , and well done to TJ for spotting the issue - great catch man.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice