Hardware At a distance is your Nintendo Switch screen bigger than your TV

Is your TV screen bigger or is the Switch screen bigger?

• Total voters

gbadl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
READ INSTRUCTIONS BELOW BEFORE VOTING.

So you know how objects at a distance are smaller then objects closer to you. Well first of all sit where you normally play games on your TV then hold your Switch like you normally do when playing portable. Note the distance between your face and the Nintendo switch screen. Now without getting up, move the switch screen so it is at the same distance between your face but pointed towards your TV.

Hopefully people don't think this is a trick question. Yes TV screen will be bigger but I am wondering at a distance if the distant TV is smaller then the switch screen.

Is your TV bigger or is the Switch screen bigger?

Last edited by gbadl,

gbadl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I probably am going to have to rearrange my setup so that I am seated closer to the TV that way the TV screen will be bigger then the switch screen. I guess with a projector even if you are seated 30ft back then it will always be bigger then a 6 inch screen 1ft away.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Considering I usually use my Nintendo Switch some 30cm (12") away from my eyes when playing portable, and I usually play some 2m (6'6") away from my 55" TV when docked (don't judge, I am not 20/20), I would say my TV is 2 to 3 times bigger.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Wasnt that confirmed not to be happening?
I think it was confirmed that Nintendo is trying to pull the same troll as when they said "we are not releasing any new 3DS model soon" and then they released the 3DS XL two weeks later: I would bet they release a Nintendo Switch Something (perhaps Mini) around July.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ptLqnNMcQk