Astro Boy : Omega Factor

Discussion in 'GBA - Console and Game Discussions, Help and Tips' started by Jolan, May 30, 2010.

May 30, 2010

Astro Boy : Omega Factor by Jolan at 10:43 PM (1,301 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Jolan
    OP

Member Jolan Unlimited Bear Works

Bulgaria
    Just beat this magnificent jewel of a game and was left wondering if anyone else played it.
    It''s so good, a very interesting story, amazing gameplay, and great music too!

Except nobody I asked knew what I was talking about.
    So, anyone out here that shares my views about it?

2. Uzumakijl

Member Uzumakijl GBAtemp Fan

Mexico
    That game is just awesome, Treasure makes some really good games, And everybody should play this.

It has a really good replayability too, Even when you get 100% you can keep playing to score, And the backgrounds/music is really good.

3. Ritsuki

Member Ritsuki ORAORAORAORA

Switzerland
    Yep, one of the few game I've finished with a 100% completion [​IMG]

4. TanookiSuit

Member TanookiSuit Game Reviewer/Writer -- formerly Vampire Hunter D

United States
    To each their own, had it some years ago and couldn't stand it so I sold it. I remember the spider boss and doing a bit after but got fed up with it. Then again I also got fed up with Gradius Galaxies because like it wasn't bad, but you couldn't make out all the deadly bullets and other bs on the small screen. [​IMG] I can't remember but Astro may have been a similar issue. I remember the game play being pretty tight but the challenge was stiff.

5. Murder68

Newcomer Murder68 Member

United States
    This game is a masterpiece that everyone needs to play.
    The only game i beat 100%

6. Pliskron

Banned Pliskron Banned

United States
    I love this game. Too bad they didn't base a DS version on it.

7. TanookiSuit

Member TanookiSuit Game Reviewer/Writer -- formerly Vampire Hunter D

United States
    Yeah it's based on that movie I heard was a fist in the nuts to anyone who respects the true Astroboy manga/anime.

8. Xarsah16

Member Xarsah16 GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot

I remember playing that game for about 6 hours straight, loving it, and then I put it down for the day and forgot about it [​IMG]

I got it for 4.99 at Gamestop at the time, it was a great deal.

I actually picked it up today but didn't get very far because the sunlight was strong and I couldn't see the screen. It really is a gem of a game though, and he is so adorable!!

9. 2002120141

Member 2002120141 GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    Was my favorite game for the GBA for the longest time, even bought the actual game (which I only rarely do - I only get retail if I really like the game, regardless of quality). I don't really play the game anymore, but it's alway on my flash kart. Best Astroboy game by far, and that's saying a lot. The only other Astroboy game that's actually decent in recent memory and generation was the one for the PS2, which is just well, decent - not bad, but not really good either. What can I say, I'm a fanboy for atomu...
    Whatever you do, do not watch the Imagi Astroboy flick nor play the games based on it. The only saving grace for the flick was Ham Egg that was voiced by Nathan Lane. Other than that, yeah, it was pretty much a fist to the nuts like VHD said.