Assistance with Amiibo bin collecting

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by EllioneDHunter, Aug 6, 2015.

1. EllioneDHunter
    OP

EllioneDHunter GBAtemp Regular

Aug 5, 2015
    United States
    Killinois
    I'm looking for anyone that would like to assist in my quest of collecting NFC dumps of Amiibos via Amiiqo. The collection is far from complete and no progress has been made in two days. I've been asking around without expecting much help but there's no wrong in trying. My pastebin can be found here with contact info, and list of missing Amiibo for anyone that would care to help.

kennnnny and ChaosEternal like this.

2. tipsytoto

tipsytoto GBAtemp Regular

Nov 8, 2011
    United States
    Not sure how to do what you're asking for, but I've got fox and samus amiibos. Is there a guide on how to dump the nfc? Out of curiosity what does this all do?

3. srwgin

srwgin GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 13, 2013
    China
    you need NFC phone with amiiqo apk and amiibo flash card called amiiqo

4. EllioneDHunter
    OP

Aug 5, 2015
    United States
    Killinois
    You just need to get the Amiiqo app from the download section of their site and an android phone with NFC.

5. villazeros

villazeros Member

Newcomer
    Dec 15, 2005
  6. srwgin

srwgin GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 13, 2013
    China
    google amiiqo then download apk and guide then you can dump it

7. EllioneDHunter
    OP

Aug 5, 2015
    United States
    Killinois
    visit amiiqo.com on your phone, go to the download section, get the app. Once you have that, open it and install the app, then open the app up. Should have a dump button and a bank button or something, can't remember. Press the dump button then tap your amiibo to your phone, if your NFC works with it then it will tell you that a bin file has been dumped, which will show up on your sd root. Go and rename that file to the Amiibo you just scanned and repeat until your finished. Then you can pack them in a zip or upload them one by one on to the media fire link that's in my pastebin link - pastebin.com/cCK6W7Sb

Last edited by EllioneDHunter, Aug 6, 2015
    Maximilious likes this.
  8. villazeros

villazeros Member

Newcomer
    Dec 15, 2005
    Cool, just give me a couple of days, i'll do it this weekned

EDIT: I've uploaded one of my "Blue Yarn Yoshi", which I'm using as a keychain, so I take it everywhere. Try it before I scan the other ones and tell me if it works.

Last edited by villazeros, Aug 6, 2015
  9. EllioneDHunter
    OP

Aug 5, 2015
    United States
    Killinois
    I can't say if it works but it should, size was right. I swapped it with the Yarn Yoshi that was in there before. My shipment isn't due in until Monday so I can't personally test it until then. I'd say that you should dump the missing amiibo but if you don't mind, dumping them all would be helpful so I can compare if anything works differently from different regions properly. Just one upload is delightful to receive. :)

10. villazeros

villazeros Member

Newcomer
    Dec 15, 2005
    I'm going to dump all my amiibo, don't worry.

11. EllioneDHunter
    OP

Aug 5, 2015
    United States
    Killinois
    Grazie mille! I just find it upsetting that so many people know about my mission and its progress but can't, or refuse, to help.

12. EllioneDHunter
    OP

Aug 5, 2015
    United States
    Killinois
    Update~! A user, by the name of darkdreamr, I was discussing with decided to dump his Amiibo collection! My public collection is now v1.00. Super Mario Bros, Splatoon, Yoshi Wooly World, all released Super Smash Bros to date, and some of the HHD cards are in it~

13. Shamouna

Shamouna Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 23, 2015
    Last edited by Shamouna, Aug 23, 2015
  14. EllioneDHunter
    OP

Aug 5, 2015
    United States
    Killinois
    Yeah, there's a link. If you go to my profiles links in the paste, you can check the threads I made in them. If it's okay to post links here then I'd just do so but I'm not entirely sure.
    Edit:Oops, not my post. But still, my public collection does contain every released amiibo along with all HHD cards.

15. villazeros

villazeros Member

Newcomer
    Dec 15, 2005
    I mean, is not a list I made, is a list I use. In fact, the list was made by you actually, sorry about the misunderstanding.

16. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Any one got the duck hunt duo or mr game and watch bin files?

17. EllioneDHunter
    OP

Aug 5, 2015
    United States
    Killinois
  18. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ GBAtemp Fan

Sep 18, 2014
    Australia
    Well, maybe Nintendo ban amiibos if they get public and many People use the same "ID". Just a sugesstion.

19. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    @EllioneDHunter yes I have them preordered along with shovel knight and mew two :)

@Mema Haxx managed to unlock duck hunt duo and Mr Game and Watch ages ago. It has been debated whether they were unlocked by simply swapping characters found on disc, or editing the amiibo data to unlock them. If the latter: then there could be hacked BIN files out there :)

It's all about the encryption. I have been reading up on those 8 month old reddit pages about XML and bin2hex, and have been looking into editing existing bin files, but they are encrypted and I dont have time to delve in just yet :(

EDIT: via socram8888/reddit amiibo RE
    The end game would be to be able to (A) max out Amiibo stats (powersaves), and (B) find and unlock the ID's of new amiibos.

Last edited by KiiWii, Aug 31, 2015
  20. NicEXE

NicEXE GBAtemp Fan

Dec 6, 2009
    Cyprus
    True or not, here are my assumptions:

Amiibos are 540 bytes. Even without knowing how to encrypt/decrypt them you can have 4320 possible combinations (which most of them wont be valid anyway). A subset of those 540 bytes is for the meta-data and the others are stuff like level, abilities etc (it really depends on how each game uses that space)
    Now unless big N makes amiibos that store more than 540 bytes, you can generate 4320 different amiibos (which most of them will be invalid but you need zero knowledge and no crypto-analysis).
    So if lets say 100 people have bought the amiiqo hardware and are willing to contribute, all they have to do is take a batch of 44 "roms" (I know its not the proper term) and mark which of them actually work.

The problem is when having a legit amiibo that works on game A but its being tested on game B instead so it is found as an invalid one.

KiiWii likes this.