Assistance Required

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by AcridGosling, Aug 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Aug 14, 2010

Assistance Required by AcridGosling at 3:47 PM (515 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. AcridGosling
    OP

Newcomer AcridGosling Newbie

United States
    Hello, First off, over the past few days and all, this site has been an endless supply of information, nice job! ok, now that I am done sucking up a bit, time to get on my knees and beg for some assistance.

Ok, My stupid, dumb, retarded, whacked out, O&)*&*)&*^%^*!)(@)*!@)(*#*(_*@ ass, decided it would be a good idea to install the 4.3 updte on my wii. Yes, I know, I smacked my forehead so many times now its reidiculous.

Anyway, using the Indiana pwns method, I have successfully installed the hbc. I have full and complete access to it. I am looking to make a LEGAL COPY of my games, whichI will figure out later. For now, I borrowed a legal copy from someone else, and I know the legal copy works.

I copied neogamma onto the sd card and get it to load no problem. However when I select "Launch game on DVD" it get 2 errors. The first is "DVD err(1208), Disc ID" and then "no cIOS + DVD-R" At the bottom of the load screen it says "NeoGamma R9 Beta38, IOS36 (Rev 3607)".

So I started to think that it was missing the cIOS. After doing some research I found that update 4.3 removes all unknown or unrecognized cIOS's that may be installed, and patches the ability to install a new 1. I tried several installs, and none of them worked.

Then I found a few people saying that I needed to install the Trucha Bug restorer on the 4.3 to get it working. 2 problems, 1, i dont have access to the wad files to run it, and secondly, the trucha program itself says that it will not work on 4.3. I was told i can download the wads using the nusd program, but when I run that, even emulating as an update, it says "download failed: Reason(401) Unauthorized".

I installed homebrew channel to play backups of my current games.

How do I get neogamma to run, or some other program that will allow me to play backups?

Isi ti possible to remove the update (and I have tried to do the reset wii system memory thing, update is still there)

Am I screwed because of the cursed update, or is it still possible? Any help would be much appreciated.

[​IMG]

2. Riicky

Member Riicky GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.