Hacking Asking to format drive, again...

tomwalsh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Read through posts but can't see same issue!!

I'm currently running under 3.2PAL with CIOSrev 10 and have 100+ games on HDD running with the brilliant USBLoader GX
yaypsp.gif
but I've recently installed Ciosrev 12, 13a, 13b and when I run the loader it askes me to format drive?? I re-installed Cios rev 10 and works fine.

I know that newer revs are for extra USB support for Wii but can anyone tell me why this is happening
wacko.gif
I could backup my HDD but I'm short of cash to purchace another HDD.(will get one in a few weeks) Whats the benefit of updating Cios? or is there any benefits?? I don't need the use of 2 USB ports on Wii.

Cheers
grog.gif

hdhacker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You probably have your hard drive plugged in the wrong USB port. It's supposed to be the bottom one assuming your Wii is laid down horizontally.

tomwalsh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have tried using both ports on Wii, also tried all other available Loaders. It asks to format drive when I install Cios 12 and 13, I install again Cios 10 and it runs fine. I have always used PC to add new games and it works just fine.

When I first formatted the HD I used the original Wani loader, is this the problem???

dexter222

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tomwalsh said:
I have tried using both ports on Wii, also tried all other available Loaders. It asks to format drive when I install Cios 12 and 13, I install again Cios 10 and it runs fine. I have always used PC to add new games and it works just fine.

When I first formatted the HD I used the original Wani loader, is this the problem???

That could be the problem or perhaps you didn't partition the drive as primary for all partitions? Regardless... if it's working with 10 and you don't need the other USB port to support a Mic or whatever you can probably stick with rev10. Lots of users choose to stay with that anyways. If you do need to use the second USB port for something else you might try Hermes cIOS 222 installed on 36 (default).

If you do backup your games and reformat you might want to repartition as well and make certain all partitions are primary.

I've never had any issues when formatting my WBFS partitions with WBFS Manager 3.01. You may wish to use that.

tomwalsh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
dexter222 said:
tomwalsh said:

That could be the problem or perhaps you didn't partition the drive as primary for all partitions? Regardless... if it's working with 10 and you don't need the other USB port to support a Mic or whatever you can probably stick with rev10. Lots of users choose to stay with that anyways. If you do need to use the second USB port for something else you might try Hermes cIOS 222 installed on 36 (default).

If you do backup your games and reformat you might want to repartition as well and make certain all partitions are primary.

I've never had any issues when formatting my WBFS partitions with WBFS Manager 3.01. You may wish to use that.

Will stick with my current setup, cheers for the advice. When rev 14 is released I may have to format HD as I heard you can load Wiiware from HD, is this true anyone???

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzmdrobXH34