Hacking Asking before updating to 11.3

TomOrvolosonRiddle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys! My O3DS is on Sys11.2, I followed the SoundHax guide a while ago to install Luma CFW and arm9loader and FBI and homebrew channel and all that stuff. I am currently on Luma 6.6.
I keep getting the pop-up for an update (guess it's 11.3).
Question is: can I update when I get that pop-up (in CFW) or will I lose everything? Thank you all!

lonewolf08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Assuming you really are using a9lh and Luma then no you won't lose anything. Some stuff would need to get updated like the homebrew CIA but everything else will work for the most part. If you also use gateway don't even bother to try and run it because it will make you lose a9lh. Luma may or may not be needed to be on a nightly build but that seemed to be an n3ds issue.

lonewolf08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is it something that one would do or is it unnecessary? Will I be able to play games like before?
Only some people needed to update to a nightly build and those people were using n3ds, since you are using an o3ds I don't think that will be a problem and it only affected homebrew anyway. So yes you will be able to play games like before regardless of updating to a nightly or not.

Edit: just don't use gateway.

Last edited by lonewolf08,

lonewolf08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I meant updating to 11.3, not Luma. Seems that I have the latest version of that since I updated through LumaUpdater
Oh that's up to you, most people update for online stuff but even without updating you can just use some program to allow access anyway. I just update whenever there's an update because I don't like using older versions of things.

CrispyCola

zero-two
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys! My O3DS is on Sys11.2, I followed the SoundHax guide a while ago to install Luma CFW and arm9loader and FBI and homebrew channel and all that stuff. I am currently on Luma 6.6.
I keep getting the pop-up for an update (guess it's 11.3).
Question is: can I update when I get that pop-up (in CFW) or will I lose everything? Thank you all!

Right from the guide:
"updates using a9lh and luma are safe, stop asking about it"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: TankedThomas

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
You should update to the latest hourly build of Luma using Luma Updater just for the best compatibility with 11.3 (at least until a new stable build is released - I don't think there has been one recently). You'll also need to update the Homebrew Launcher to keep using it (CIA and otherwise).

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, if you're an OoT3D speedrunner, don't update.
is the OoT3d slowdown really that bad? i haven't noticed much lag. Plus don't speedrunners have to use a vanilla console anyways? it would be on 11.3 most likely

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

you will have to update the payloads to use the homebrew launcher. reinstall soundhax fromhttps://smealum.github.io/3ds/ and update the homebrew launcher from https://github.com/yellows8/hblauncher_loader/releases

Last edited by APartOfMe,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey