Arrgghh!

Mantis41

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fukin SD write protect tab is driving me nuts. Looks to be a solid mold as well so I can't even split the fukin thing open and permanently wire it.

Arrgghh!
mad.gif

Mantis41

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I click the bloody switch backwards and forwards on the SD adapter and it still says its locked. Works about one in every three tries. I am sick of seeing the message "Disk is bloody well write protected." Who want's it fuken write protected anyway. The whole reason I am putting the mico SD in an adapter is so I can fuken well write to it.

And yes I have tried another SD adapter. It is marginaly better but still craps out about every second use, so I have to remove it and fight with the write protect switch again.

I need to find I USB adapter that reads directly from the micro SD rather than VIA a full size SD adapter.

And don't even get me started using the laptops internal SD reader. It is that bloody slow compared to the USB adapters it is not worth mentioning. Not to mention I think it stopped working altogether when I switched to windows7.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Is the slider loose? It happens with an adapter I have where the slider has loosened and now the detector pin thing inside the reader flips the slider into the "locked" position when I insert the card. Catch 22, sort of. So I just put the slider in the unlocked position and wrapped the whole thing in tape.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: The tots through Tina quotes are Napoleon. No free drinks and the big brown finger are Greasy...