armips not working when patching code.bin

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by TheMaskedMeowth, Feb 8, 2017.

  1. TheMaskedMeowth
    OP

    TheMaskedMeowth Newbie

    Newcomer
    8
    0
    Mar 29, 2016
    United States
    Heyo, I'm trying to use SaltySD here and it's not working quite right. I'm quite confused as well, I'm following all the instructions but whenever it comes to patching code.bin, it spits out this.

    C:\Users\user\Downloads\SaltySD-master\SunMoon>make
    make: armips: Command not found
    make: *** [all] Error 127

    I have armips in the same directory, so I'm not really sure what could be causing this. Sooo, any ideas?
     
    Last edited by TheMaskedMeowth, Feb 8, 2017
  2. KunoichiZ

    KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

    Member
    8,074
    3,258
    Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Do you have armips.exe in the same folder as your code.bin?
     
  3. TheMaskedMeowth
    OP

    TheMaskedMeowth Newbie

    Newcomer
    8
    0
    Mar 29, 2016
    United States
    [​IMG]
     
  4. KunoichiZ

    KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

    Member
    8,074
    3,258
    Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    You might need to install devkitPro.

    *wonders why the code.bin has the smash ball as its logo*
     
  5. TheMaskedMeowth
    OP

    TheMaskedMeowth Newbie

    Newcomer
    8
    0
    Mar 29, 2016
    United States
    I had done that already. Just updated it and it still isn't working. I'll try reinstalling it though.
     
  6. KunoichiZ

    KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

    Member
    8,074
    3,258
    Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Try using this armips.
     

    Attached Files:

  7. TheMaskedMeowth
    OP

    TheMaskedMeowth Newbie

    Newcomer
    8
    0
    Mar 29, 2016
    United States
    I've done that, and reinstalled devkitpro, and it still does not work.

    Thank you for helping by the way, I know you're trying.
     
  8. KunoichiZ

    KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

    Member
    8,074
    3,258
    Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    I've got another alternative. Download the IPS patches that I made from here and use LunarIPS to patch one of them to your code.bin. Note that these patches only work for the code.bin from the 1.1 update. Then let me know if it works.
     
  9. TheMaskedMeowth
    OP

    TheMaskedMeowth Newbie

    Newcomer
    8
    0
    Mar 29, 2016
    United States
    Hmm at least that did something. But it seems like the game won't boot now, I don't think.
     
  10. KunoichiZ

    KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

    Member
    8,074
    3,258
    Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Like I said, the patches only work for the code.bin from the 1.1 update. It sounds like you're using the code.bin from the game.
     
  11. TheMaskedMeowth
    OP

    TheMaskedMeowth Newbie

    Newcomer
    8
    0
    Mar 29, 2016
    United States
    Aha I see what you're saying. How do I get that from the update then? I'm using Pokemon Sun.
     
  12. KunoichiZ

    KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

    Member
    8,074
    3,258
    Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Follow this guide on reddit to get the code.bin from the update.
     
  13. TheMaskedMeowth
    OP

    TheMaskedMeowth Newbie

    Newcomer
    8
    0
    Mar 29, 2016
    United States
    Thank you very much sir! I got it working after like 2 days (not 2 straight days but y'know) of trying.
     
  14. ScarletDreamz

    ScarletDreamz [Debug Mode]

    Member
    2,658
    1,150
    Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    California
    armips must be added to the path, so place it here:
    /devkitpro/devkitARM/bin

    or just add the path where armips to the system variables.
     
    Last edited by ScarletDreamz, Feb 8, 2017