Hacking arm9loaderhax not booting

1nt4x

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey guys, anyone got an idea why my n3ds refuses to boot?
I installed arm9loaderhax a while ago (with this guide: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki)
but I can´t remember what I did last time, so it wont boot now. Just a blackscreen. I attached my sd layout. thanks!

Attachments

• sdlayout.PNG
    sdlayout.PNG
    12.1 KB · Views: 202

1nt4x

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So i need to "upgrade" from rei to luma? Is there any option to see my current reinand version?

edit: nvm, I just renamed the "rei" folder to "luma" and replaced the arm9loaderhax.bin with the one from luma.zip, I can start the 3ds now :) any other advice what I can update now? Or let everything be, since it works now? ;)

Last edited by 1nt4x,

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
If you replaced the arm9loaderhax.bin with the 6.6 Stable from Luma then you don't have to do anything.. You are using A9LH+Luma now. If you're going to update to 11.3 though, consider updating to a Luma nightly to fix some issues that 11.3 brings.

Reactions: 1nt4x

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
ok, basically I followed the luna guide (https://3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax) I have the new fbi app and luna updater and homebrew, however I got the "sysNAND" folder on the homescreen and
my installed games are gone... :/ software version is 9.2.0-20E... anyone knows how to fix that? :D
Were you using an emuNAND with ReiNAND?in which case you need to follow the "Move emuNAND" section.

1nt4x

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
yes, I was using an emuNAND with ReiNAND, but I already followed the other instructions.
Now the EmuNAND restore option says that the SD is not formatted for EmuNAND, and restore failed.

1nt4x

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ok, I´m soo confused right now... anyway, restoring sysNAND now, lets see what happens after that... :D
If this doesn´t work out, is there any way of starting all over again? Do I just format my SD card and start following the 3ds.guide site?

edit: nope, still not what it used to be...

Last edited by 1nt4x,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
ok, I´m soo confused right now... anyway, restoring sysNAND now, lets see what happens after that... :D
If this doesn´t work out, is there any way of starting all over again? Do I just format my SD card and start following the 3ds.guide site?

edit: nope, still not what it used to be...
One a9lh is installed it's installed, formatting your SD card won't uninstall it.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whoever answered you first should have told you to make a dump your emunand FIRST, not after. If you never dumped your EMUNAND before formatting your SD card and finishing the guide, it's gone. Even creating a new one, won't restore the old one it will be a fresh new emunand partition and won't help you. You were supposed to: Dump EmuNAND, install A9LH, from 9.2 restore emuNAND AS SysNAND and continue with the guide (update, etc).

If you're just going to throw A9LH at everyone at LEAST make sure you can offer additional advice when it comes to their setup.

Last edited by Majickhat55,
Reactions: Quantumcat

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Whoever answered you first should have told you to make a dump your emunand FIRST, not after. If you never dumped your EMUNAND before formatting your SD card and finishing the guide, it's gone. Even creating a new one, won't restore the old one it will be a fresh new emunand partition and won't help you. You were supposed to: Dump EmuNAND, install A9LH, from 9.2 restore emuNAND AS SysNAND and continue with the guide (update, etc).

If you're just going to throw A9LH at everyone at LEAST make sure you can offer additional advice when it comes to their setup.

Generally speaking - You're not wrong. But I've re-read this thread at least three times and I can't see anything wrong with the advice given. The OP did not specify what their setup was before using A9LH on opening post, and no one also threw A9LH at him; He installed it himself. By the time Quantumcat told him to use Move EmuNAND section it seems as if he had already formatted his SD card. Maybe I'm missing something obvious here but to me it seems like the OP wen't "solo" on it without really knowing what he was doing or how his previous setup worked which caused him to lose his emuNAND.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • light27 @ light27:
    wait what? oh
  • light27 @ light27:
    my bad
  • light27 @ light27:
    happy birthday
  • light27 @ light27:
    OIP.19q3E5NK_Mdn0K35CZWrWQHaJ4
    for you bro
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @light27, it's actually tommorrow but thx
  • light27 @ light27:
    oh it’s the least I could do
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, stop stealing my phrases
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +1
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.